Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl: Finding next day
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl: Finding next day Post 302429106 by jaysunn on Saturday 12th of June 2010 12:40:35 PM
Old 06-12-2010
@pludi
@tyler

Guys,
Maybe I am very wet behind the ears. However I am not sure why someone would want to obtain a different date then current. Can you please elaborate on this post? I am a student to all of this.

Warm Regards,

jaysunn

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicates with perl

I have a huge file (over 30mb) that I am processing through with perl. I am pulling out a list of filenames and placing it in an array called @reports. I am fine up till here. What I then want to do is go through the array and find any duplicates. If there is a duplicate, output it to the screen.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find 1 day old file on Windows for Active Perl

How to find 1 day old file on Windows for Active Perl? Is there anyone know the method? If UNIX or LINUX, we can use the "find ...". How to we do for Windows? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcfoo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding out the first business Day of the month

Hi , I want to find out the first business day of the month using korn shell programming.... ie if March 1 is saturday , March 2 is sunday and 3 is monday My code should identify the First business day..as March 3.. hope u got it.. suggestions ??? Pls look into this asap...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phani
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Previous day's date in Perl?

Hi All, I want to find the previous day's date and store that in a variable, which will be usuful for further processing. Any help please. Regards, raju (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajus19
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find Day of the Week from the given date (Perl)?

How to find the Day of the Week of the given Date using perl? If I have a date in YYY--MM-DD format, how to find the DOW? Based on that, I need to find the following sunday. Pls help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting / finding files older than X days missess a day

Hi When trying to find and delete files which are, say, 1 day, the find command misses a day. Please refer the following example. xxxd$ find . -type f -ctime +1 -exec ls -ltr {} \; total 64 -rw-rw-r-- 1 oracle xxxd 81 Apr 30 11:25 ./ful_cfg_tmp_20080429_7.dat -rw-rw-r-- 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding perl files without documentation

I have an application consisting of a number of perl files. I want to find those perl files that have no documentation yet, so I tried the following from the root level of the directory where the application resides: perldoc -r * The output is something like the following: No documentation found... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Day of the week from date

I have a problem of Finding Day of the week from date, but i need to do it within awk On SOLARIS Input:20101007(YYYYMMDD) Output:Thursday kindly provide suggestions. Thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Perl script with lock to execute only once in a day

Hi, I am new to perl and have a script to which i want to ensure that no matter how many ever times i execute the script it should execute only once per day. Cronjob is not a safe method as I want to built in capability inside the script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ctrld
1 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal -- displays a calendar SYNOPSIS
cal [-smjy13] [[month] year] DESCRIPTION
Cal displays a simple calendar. If arguments are not specified, the current month is displayed. The options are as follows: -1 Display single month output. (This is the default.) -3 Display prev/current/next month output. -s Display Sunday as the first day of the week. (This is the default.) -m Display Monday as the first day of the week. -j Display Julian dates (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -y Display a calendar for the current year. A single parameter specifies the year (1 - 9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calen- dar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month (1 - 12) and year. If no parameters are specified, the current month's calendar is displayed. A year starts on Jan 1. The Gregorian Reformation is assumed to have occurred in 1752 on the 3rd of September. By this time, most countries had recognized the ref- ormation (although a few did not recognize it until the early 1900's.) Ten days following that date were eliminated by the reformation, so the calendar for that month is a bit unusual. HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. OTHER VERSIONS
Several much more elaborate versions of this program exist, with support for colors, holidays, birthdays, reminders and appointments, etc. For example, try the cal from http://home.sprynet.com/~cbagwell/projects.html or GNU gcal. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD