Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl, open multiple files with wildcards Post 302429028 by japaneseguitars on Friday 11th of June 2010 04:51:13 PM
Old 06-11-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewk
What is it you want to do with the 19 files?
i have a file that contains information about genes and I need to obtain the sequences upstream and downstream these genes and do analysis on that. These 19 files are the chromosome sequences. I have sorted the gene file based on chromosome location so I can essentially use 1 chromosome file at a time since I just tried to open all of them and perl ran out of memory =/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using wildcards in this perl command

Hi there, is it possible to use wild cards in this statement ssh $remote_server 'perl -pi -e "s,EXP_SERIAL_19b8be67=\"\",EXP_SERIAL_`hostid`=\"UNKNOWN\"," /var/myfile' This command works fine but the bit in bold (the 8 character hostid) will not always be 19b8be67 so I was hoping I could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping using multiple wildcards

Is there anyway you can grep using multiple wildcards? When I run the below line the results return fine; grep 12345 /usr/local/production/soccermatchplus/distributor/clients/*/out/fixtures.xml | awk -F/ '{print $8}' However ideally, I need it to grep for; grep 12345... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to search and extract using wildcards.

Good evening All, I have a perl script to pull out all occurrences of a files beginning with xx and ending in .p. I will then loop through all 1K files in a directory. I can grep for xx*.p files but it gives me the entire line. I wish to output to a single colum with only the hits found. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CammyD
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script on multiple files

I have a script that runs on one file (at a time). like this: $> perl myscript.pl filename > output How can I run it on >6000 files and have the output sent out into slightly modified file name $> perl myscript 6000files> output6000files.new extension Thanks in anticipation (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aritakum
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename multiple files with wildcards

Hi All I am having hundred over file in the below pattern. AA050101.INI BB090101.INI . . ZX980101.INI Need to rename these files with an extension .bak AA050101.INI.bak BB090101.INI.bak . . ZX980101.INI.bak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
5 Replies

6. Programming

Control multiple program instances - open multiple files problem

Hello. This shouldn't be an unusual problem, but I cannot find anything about it at google or at other search machine. So, I've made an application using C++ and QtCreator. I 've made a new mime type for application's project files. My system (ubuntu 10.10), when I right click a file and I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - grep issue in filenames with wildcards

Hi I have 2 directories t1 and t2 with some files in it. I have to see whether the files present in t1 is also there in t2 or not. Currently, both the directories contain the same files as shown below: $ABC.TXT def.txt Now, when I run the below script, it tells def.txt is found,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruprasadpr
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - work with open files or write to @lists first?

I am dealing will many thousand fairy small files. I need to search them for various matches and depending on what I find, may need to search some files again for additional matches. Generally speaking, is it better to write a txt file to an @array/@list and then work with it (multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OldGaf
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

open files with multiple indexes

Hi, I want to work with multiple files which all contain 2 numbers. I tried to make a nested for loop but for some reason it doesn't recognize the $j as a number. The output is cannot open file `175-T-pvalue.xls'. How do I make sure that it takes the numbers from the inner loop as $j? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linseyr
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple patterns that contain wildcards

job_count=`grep -e "The job called .* has finished | The job called .* is running" logfile.txt | wc -l` Any idea how to count those 2 patterns so i have a total count of the finished and running jobs from the log file? If i do either of the patterns its works okay but adding them together... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: finn
8 Replies
TIGR-GLIMMER(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   TIGR-GLIMMER(1)

NAME
tigr-glimmer -- Find/Score potential genes in genome-file using the probability model in icm-file SYNOPSIS
tigr-glimmer3 [genome-file] [icm-file] [[options]] DESCRIPTION
tigr-glimmer is a system for finding genes in microbial DNA, especially the genomes of bacteria and archaea. tigr-glimmer (Gene Locator and Interpolated Markov Modeler) uses interpolated Markov models (IMMs) to identify the coding regions and distinguish them from noncoding DNA. The IMM approach, described in our Nucleic Acids Research paper on tigr-glimmer 1.0 and in our subsequent paper on tigr-glimmer 2.0, uses a combination of Markov models from 1st through 8th-order, weighting each model according to its predictive power. tigr-glimmer 1.0 and 2.0 use 3-periodic nonhomogenous Markov models in their IMMs. tigr-glimmer is the primary microbial gene finder at TIGR, and has been used to annotate the complete genomes of B. burgdorferi (Fraser et al., Nature, Dec. 1997), T. pallidum (Fraser et al., Science, July 1998), T. maritima, D. radiodurans, M. tuberculosis, and non-TIGR projects including C. trachomatis, C. pneumoniae, and others. Its analyses of some of these genomes and others is available at the TIGR microbial database site. A special version of tigr-glimmer designed for small eukaryotes, GlimmerM, was used to find the genes in chromosome 2 of the malaria para- site, P. falciparum.. GlimmerM is described in S.L. Salzberg, M. Pertea, A.L. Delcher, M.J. Gardner, and H. Tettelin, "Interpolated Markov models for eukaryotic gene finding," Genomics 59 (1999), 24-31. Click here (http://www.tigr.org/software/glimmerm/) to visit the GlimmerM site, which includes information on how to download the GlimmerM system. The tigr-glimmer system consists of two main programs. The first of these is the training program, build-imm. This program takes an input set of sequences and builds and outputs the IMM for them. These sequences can be complete genes or just partial orfs. For a new genome, this training data can consist of those genes with strong database hits as well as very long open reading frames that are statistically almost certain to be genes. The second program is glimmer, which uses this IMM to identify putative genes in an entire genome. tigr-glimmer automatically resolves conflicts between most overlapping genes by choosing one of them. It also identifies genes that are suspected to truly overlap, and flags these for closer inspection by the user. These ``suspect'' gene candidates have been a very small percentage of the total for all the genomes analyzed thus far. tigr-glimmer is a program that... OPTIONS
-C n Use n as GC percentage of independent model Note: n should be a percentage, e.g., -C 45.2 -f Use ribosome-binding energy to choose start codon +f Use first codon in orf as start codon -g n Set minimum gene length to n -i filename Use filename to select regions of bases that are off limits, so that no bases within that area will be examined -l Assume linear rather than circular genome, i.e., no wraparound -L filename Use filename to specify a list of orfs that should be scored separately, with no overlap rules -M Input is a multifasta file of separate genes to be scored separately, with no overlap rules -o n Set minimum overlap length to n. Overlaps shorter than this are ignored. -p n Set minimum overlap percentage to n%. Overlaps shorter than this percentage of *both* strings are ignored. -q n Set the maximum length orf that can be rejected because of the independent probability score column to (n - 1) -r Don't use independent probability score column +r Use independent probability score column -r Don't use independent probability score column -s s Use string s as the ribosome binding pattern to find start codons. +S Do use stricter independent intergenic model that doesn't give probabilities to in-frame stop codons. (Option is obsolete since this is now the only behaviour -t n Set threshold score for calling as gene to n. If the in-frame score >= n, then the region is given a number and considered a potential gene. -w n Use "weak" scores on tentative genes n or longer. Weak scores ignore the independent probability score. SEE ALSO
tigr-adjust (1), tigr-anomaly (1), tigr-build-icm (1), tigr-check (1), tigr-codon-usage (1), tigr-compare-lists (1), tigr-extract (1), tigr-generate (1), tigr-get-len (1), tigr-get-putative (1), tigr-glimmer3 (1), tigr-long-orfs (1) http://www.tigr.org/software/glimmer/ Please see the readme in /usr/share/doc/glimmer for a description on how to use Glimmer. AUTHOR
This manual page was quickly copied from the glimmer web site by Steffen Moeller moeller@debian.org for the Debian system. TIGR-GLIMMER(1)