Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script, Copy process using find. Post 302429017 by bartus11 on Friday 11th of June 2010 03:07:58 PM
Old 06-11-2010
Change
Code:
if [$file1]; then

to
Code:
if [ x$file1 != "x" ]; then

and
Code:
if [$file2]; then

to
Code:
if [ x$file2 != "x" ]; then

Space is required here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find and copy the files creted in the year 2006 to another directory

Hi All, I am new to UNIX. I will be thankful if some one helps me. I have to write a shell script for one of the requirement. I have files created from Jan 2006 to March 2008. My requirement is to write a script in such a way that 1) To find and copy(not Moving) the files created in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Find All/Copy Script

Hi Gang, I am an old unix user and just recently returned in the flavor of a Mac. I have tons of pictures in the .orf format and would like to write a script to: Search the Hard drives for that file type Then, depending on date, copy it to a specific folder If there is an exact... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlfx
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find shell process pid launched throug `at`.

Hi. I was testing some staff and wrote simple script, which only writes date to log every 15 seconds. Like that #1.sh while true;do echo `date` >> 1.log sleep 15 done And than i ran this process with `at -s -f 1.sh now`. And now it is running and i don't know how to catch it. I tryed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kukuruku
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Kill Process(number of process) Unix/Solaris

Hi Experts, we do have a shell script for Unix Solaris, which will kill all the process manullay, it used to work in my previous env, but now it is throwing this error.. could some one please help me to resolve it This is how we execute the script (and this is the requirement) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyvic
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to find & copy words from Web.

I need to write a perl script to search for a specific set of numbers that occur after a series of words but before another. Specifically, I need to locate the phrase today at the summit, then immediately prior to the words tonnes/day copy the number that will be between 100 and 9,999, for example,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: libertyforall
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and copy script trouble

Hi guys First thing to say is that I am entirely new to Shell Scripting and am trying to write a script to do something I thought would be relatively simple, but has escaped me. Essentially, I want to take file name information from a list, find the files listed and then copy the results into... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheron
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find a process by name and kill it

hi, Am a newbie to unix and wasnt able to write script to my requirement. I need a shell script, which should find a process by name and kill it. For eg: let the process name be "abc". I have different processes running by this name(abc), so should kill them all. Condition would be: if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fop4658
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to find out if a process is running on any all machines

Hi All, I have been a guest visitor from a long time and this forum is wonderful. I finally am a member of this forum too, so i am here stuck with a shell script that i was trying to write My requirement is that i should be able to create a shell script which will check if a process is running on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rex0226
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writte a script to copy the files older than 7 days using find and cp

Hi I'm trying to writte a script (crontab) to copy files from one location to another... this is what i have: find . -name "VPN_CALLRECORD_20130422*" | xargs cp "{}" /home/sysadm/patrick_temp/ but that is not working this is the ouput: cp: Target... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patricio181
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out process name that are running for last 10 days.

Hi all, As i am new to shell script.Please help me to write a Shell script to find out process name that are running for last 10 days. Thank's in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_1988
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)