Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users FTP is not transfering pdf files correctly Post 302429007 by Corona688 on Friday 11th of June 2010 01:59:29 PM
Old 06-11-2010
Be sure to send the binary command before download to tell the server to send the file in binary mode.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfering files

Hi all. 1. How can i copy files from one unix system to another. should i use ftp? so How? 2. How can i create an archive whose extention is tar.gz? and how can i decompress them later? 3. WHat is RPM ? what does it stands for? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbs
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfering files from one server to another.

My oracle database is generating archive logs. I want to copy those archive logs over to backup server on a regular basis. I know how to create an ftp job and I can put it in my crontab. My problem is that I don't know how to send the files just once instead of sends all the files in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alan Bird
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transfering files unix to pc

Hi, I'm an intern at a business that just acquired a company that ran off the unix system. They have files on this workstation that they would like to move to a windows XP pro system, but no one (myself included) has enough unix knowledge to know how to do this. It's my understanding that this can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: intern
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatic transfering of files using scp

I'm in the process of writing a shell script with copies files from one linux box to another using scp. I wish to run this through a cronjob so it cannot be interactive. This is what I have so far. #!/bin/sh PASSWD='passswd' dateset=$( date | awk '{print $2 $3 $6}') for dates in $dateset;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tcruicksh
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Transfering file through FTP through Binary Mode

Hi, I'm uploading files using internet explorer. 1.Open internet explorer 6.0 2.Open site like ftp://172.45.15.1 3.Copy files The files which I'm copying are basically zip files. What is the default transfer mode, I mean ASCII/BINARY ???. The problem I'm facing, while extracting these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronald_brayan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script for transfering files

Hi, I am new to shell scripting,and i was planning to write a script that will FTP files to destination folder. All configuration should be done through a properties files.I was planning that All configuration should be done through a properties files. and finally the output should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul125
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.)

hi, Im using the following code for FTP #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n "10.29.45.11" << cmd user "mahesva" "mahesva123" get rtl.tar quit cmd Below is the log when i run the above code ********************************** Connected to 10.29.45.11. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1) 530 Please login with USER... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
20 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP While transfering files to local machine to remote machine

Hi Am using unix Ksh Am getting the problem while transferring zero size files through the script . When i transfer zero size files from local machine to remote machine manually i can able to do it . My question its beause of zero size files am not able to transfer through script ? or its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

9. Linux

UNIX - FTP changing the mode while transfering the files

Hi, I have to transfer my files using FTP. Few files are in Zipped format (.Z) and few are in .PX format . For zipped files, we need to change the mode to binary while transferring the files whereas for the px files the mode should be ascii. Eg: sample1.z sample2.z sample3.z sample.px ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidlaks
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread

Does anybody have idea of Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread ? ---------- Post updated at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:44 PM ---------- This file is not password protected. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies
GMTCONVERT(l)															     GMTCONVERT(l)

NAME
gmtconvert - Convert between ASCII and binary 1-D tables SYNOPSIS
gmtconvert [ inputfiles] [ -H[nrec] ] [ -M[flag] ] [ -V ] [ -: ] [ -bi[s]n ] [ -bo[s][n] ] DESCRIPTION
gmtconvert reads its standard input [or inputfiles] and writes out the information to standard output. Its main purpose is to convert between binary and ASCII data tables. Input (and hence output) may have multiple subheaders if -M is selected. datafile(s) ASCII (or binary, see -bi) file(s) holding a number of data columns. OPTIONS
-H Input file(s) has Header record(s). Number of header records can be changed by editing your .gmtdefaults file. If used, GMT default is 1 header record. -M Multiple segment file(s). Segments are separated by a special record. For ASCII files the first character must be flag [Default is '>']. For binary files all fields must be NaN. -V Selects verbose mode, which will send progress reports to stderr [Default runs "silently"]. -: Toggles between (longitude,latitude) and (latitude,longitude) input/output. [Default is (longitude,latitude)]. Applies to geo- graphic coordinates only. -bi Selects binary input. Append s for single precision [Default is double]. Append n for the number of columns in the binary file(s). -bo Selects binary output. Append s for single precision [Default is double]. EXAMPLES
To convert the binary file test.b (single precision) with 4 columns to ASCII, try gmtconvert test.b -bis4 > test.dat To convert the multiple segment ASCII table test.d to a double precision binary file, try gmtconvert test.d -M -bo > test.b SEE ALSO
gmt(1gmt), minmax(1gmt) 1 Jan 2004 GMTCONVERT(l)