Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error with Expression
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error with Expression Post 302428845 by sunnix on Friday 11th of June 2010 04:58:10 AM
Old 06-11-2010
Yes that's working, how to make it work by using expr, can you please let me know,

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression

I had seen this error for the first time ..... error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression please help.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regular Expression Error in AWK

I have a file "fwcsales_filenames.txt" which has a list of file names that are supposed to be copied to another directory. In addition to that, I am trying to extract the date part and write to the log. I am getting the regular expression error when trying to strip the date part using the "ll"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhunk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

integer expression expected error

I'm a beginner so I might make beginner mistakes. I want to count the "#define" directives in every .C file I get the following errors: ./lab1.sh: line 5: ndef: command not found ./lab1.sh: line 6: #!/bin/sh for x in *. do ndef = 'grep -c \#define $x' if ; then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dark_knight
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

One more expression syntax error

HI again, still working on the assignment, which is really hard given we just started unix 4 weeks ago. This script should change the permission for the user depending if its x, w or r, to the opposite. When i try to run it, I am getting expression error. Can you spot where the problem is? I really... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: morava
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

if expression syntax error

#! /bin/csh set umr=UMR foreach i ( `ls`) set file_nm=$i set bh_nm=`echo $file_nm | cut -d"_" -f2` if($bh_nm !=$umr) then { set bh_ext=`echo $file_nm | cut -d"_" -f4` set bh_num_nm="$bh_nm $bh_ext a .txt" mv $file_nm $bh_num_nm } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdsignature88
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error: integer expression expected

root@server01 # df -h | grep /tmp | awk {'print $3}' 252M root@server01 # root@server01 # cat /usr/local/tmpchk.sh #!/bin/sh x=`df -h | grep /tmp | awk {'print $3}'` if ; then rm -fr /tmp/somefolder/ else echo "its small" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

if: expression syntax error in gawk

I'm pretty new to shell scripting, but I am catching on quick. I did see one of the stickied threads about the csh, and I think this is relevant, but I don't understand enough to make a decision based on it. So as you'll see below, I use the |csh pipe, and if that is not correct, I'm certainly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: macman104
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error in this expression: value of value

HI , I have a variable "TYPE" which may contain different values. and another variable $TYPE"_SOURCE" I am using ${$TYPE"_SOURCE"} to get the value TYPE_SOURCE for eg. TYPE=ABC ABC_SOURCE=/abc/xyz On using above command I am getting error : BAD SUBSTITUTION eval is not installed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aashish.sharma8
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Observing error :syntax error in expression

#!/bin/bash a1="04:29:39 - System health check failed" i=$1 echo "a $((a$i))" The script above gives the following error $113> sh tryt.sh 1 tryt.sh: line 6: 04:29:39 - System health check failed: syntax error in expression (error token is ":29:39 - System health check failed") It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashima jain
1 Replies
ABLTOBDDCCT(3)							   BDD functions						    ABLTOBDDCCT(3)

ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr NAME
ablToBddCct - converts an ABL into a BDD within a circuit SYNOPSYS
#include "logmmm.h" pNode ablToBddCct(pC,expr) pCircuit pC; chain_list *expr; PARAMETERS
pC Circuit in which is made the conversion expr expression to convert DESCRIPTION
ablToBddCct() constructs the graph that is computed from expr. This function provides the basic method for constructing easily the BDDs. The applyBdd() function is called recursively by going through the ABL. EXAMPLE
#include "mutnnn.h" /* mbk utilities */ #include "logmmm.h" chain_list *expr; pNode res; pCircuit pC; initializeBdd(SMALL_BDD); pC = initializeCct("circuit 1",10,10); addInputCct(pC,"a"); addInputCct(pC,"b"); /* let's suppose that expr = (OR (AND (NOT a) b) a) */ res = ablToBddCct(pC,expr); displayBdd(res,1); /* it will display @res INDEX = 3 LOW = @nodeA HIGH = ONE @nodeA INDEX = 2 LOW = ZERO HIGH = ONE */ destroyCct(pC); destroyBdd(1); SEE ALSO
log(1), bdd(1), abl(1), bddToAblCct(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 ABLTOBDDCCT(3)