Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solution for the Massive Comparison Operation Post 302428760 by raghav288 on Friday 11th of June 2010 12:10:40 AM
Old 06-11-2010
Thank you very much for you help.. yes I hwas looking for the same

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for AWK Solution for column comparison in a single file

- I am looking for different kind of awk solution which I don't think is mentioned before in these forums. Number of rows in the file are fixed Their are two columns in file1.txt 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 10 10 I am looking for 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: softwarekids23
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

having massive trouble with 5 questions about egrep!

Hi all! I need help to do a few things with a .txt file using egrep. 1. I need to list all sequences where the vowel letters 'a, e, i, o, u' occur in that order, possibly separated by characters other than a, e, i, o, u; consisting of one or more complete words, possibly including punctuation. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dindiqotu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Massive Copy With Base Directory

I have a script that I am using to copy around 40-70k files to a NFS NAS. I have posted my code below in hopes that someone can help me figure out a faster way of achieving this. At the end of the script i need to have all the files in the list, copied over to the nas with source directory... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Massive ftp

friends good morning FTP works perfect but I have a doubt if I want to transport 10 files, I imagine that I should not open 10 connections as I can transfer more than 1 file? ftp -n <<!EOF open caburga user ephfact ephfact cd /users/efactura/docONE/entrada bin mput EPH`date... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
16 Replies
rt-setup-database(8)					     Request Tracker Reference					      rt-setup-database(8)

NAME
rt-setup-database - Set-up the database for Request Tracker SYNOPSIS
rt-setup-database --action ... OPTIONS
action Several actions can be combined using comma separated list. init Initialize the database. This is combination of multiple actions listed below. Create DB, schema, setup acl, insert core data and initial data. upgrade Apply all needed schema/acl/content updates (will ask for version to upgrade from) create Create the database. drop Drop the database. This will ERASE ALL YOUR DATA. schema Initialize only the database schema To use a local or supplementary datafile, specify it using the '--datadir' option below. acl Initialize only the database ACLs To use a local or supplementary datafile, specify it using the '--datadir' option below. coredata Insert data into RT's database. This data is required for normal functioning of any RT instance. insert Insert data into RT's database. By default, will use RT's installation data. To use a local or supplementary datafile, specify it using the '--datafile' option below. datafile file path of the data you want to action on e.g. "--datafile /path/to/datafile" datadir Used to specify a path to find the local database schema and acls to be installed. e.g. "--datadir /path/to/" dba dba's username dba-password dba's password prompt-for-dba-password Ask for the database administrator's password interactively skip-create for 'init': skip creating the database and the user account, so we don't need administrator privileges root-password-file for 'init' and 'insert': rather than using the default administrative password for RT's "root" user, use the password in this file. perl v5.14.2 2013-05-22 rt-setup-database(8)