Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solution for the Massive Comparison Operation Post 302428760 by raghav288 on Friday 11th of June 2010 12:10:40 AM
Old 06-11-2010
Thank you very much for you help.. yes I hwas looking for the same

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for AWK Solution for column comparison in a single file

- I am looking for different kind of awk solution which I don't think is mentioned before in these forums. Number of rows in the file are fixed Their are two columns in file1.txt 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 10 10 I am looking for 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: softwarekids23
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

having massive trouble with 5 questions about egrep!

Hi all! I need help to do a few things with a .txt file using egrep. 1. I need to list all sequences where the vowel letters 'a, e, i, o, u' occur in that order, possibly separated by characters other than a, e, i, o, u; consisting of one or more complete words, possibly including punctuation. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dindiqotu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Massive Copy With Base Directory

I have a script that I am using to copy around 40-70k files to a NFS NAS. I have posted my code below in hopes that someone can help me figure out a faster way of achieving this. At the end of the script i need to have all the files in the list, copied over to the nas with source directory... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Massive ftp

friends good morning FTP works perfect but I have a doubt if I want to transport 10 files, I imagine that I should not open 10 connections as I can transfer more than 1 file? ftp -n <<!EOF open caburga user ephfact ephfact cd /users/efactura/docONE/entrada bin mput EPH`date... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
16 Replies
SENDPAGE-DB(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   SENDPAGE-DB(1p)

NAME
sendpage-db - manipulate Sendpage recipient database SYNOPSIS
sendpage-db [OPTIONS] OPTIONS
-c DB_TYPE Specify the database connection type (e.g. "dbi:mysql"). -U DB_USER Specify the database user to connect as (e.g. "sendpage"). -P DB_PASS Specify the database password use when connecting. -a Add an entry to the database, reading from stdin. -d Delete an entry to the database, reading from stdin. -p Show all database entries. -v Run in verbose mode. -h Display a summary of all the available command line options. DESCRIPTION
This tool is used to manipulate the recipient database that can be optionally used by Sendpage. AUTHOR
Todd T. Fries <todd@fries.net> COPYRIGHT
sendpage-db is free software; it can be used under the terms of the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
perl(1), sendpage(1), snpp(1) perl v5.10.0 2009-05-19 SENDPAGE-DB(1p)