Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting add signed and unsigned numbers- awk help Post 302428663 by radoulov on Thursday 10th of June 2010 12:17:42 PM
Old 06-10-2010
Try to output a larger result:

Code:
printf "%g\n", tot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Unsigned int

How can I store and/or print() a number that is larger than 4 294 967 295 in C? is int64_t or u_int64_t what I need ? if, so how can I printf it to stdout? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimnod
2 Replies

2. Programming

to get the correct value with unsigned int

hi, Please help me with the following code to get the difference in values. struct a{ int b1; int c1; char d1; } main() { unsigned int b=10; unsigned int c; c = b - (unsigned int )sizeof(a); printf("%d",c); } Here c returns some junk value. How can i get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Awk to Add Numbers

echo "0.1 2.0 0.4 2.0 4.3 1.0 6.0 9.0" | awk 'BEGIN {total=0} {total += $1} END {print total}' I want to add the above output from the echo command, but i can't figure this out. The output above always spits out inaccurate numbers. can someone please provide me with a one liner similar to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Signed Linux" - Only executing signed programs

Hey folks, not sure whether this or the security board is the right forum. If I failed, please move :) So here's the problem: I need to build a Linux environment in which only "signed" processes are allowed to run. When I say signed I don't mean a VeriSign signature like you know it from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: disaster
5 Replies

5. Programming

Help with understanding ( int, char, long, short, signed, unsigned etc.... )

My question is simple: When should I use a long, int, char, unsigned/signed variables?? When I declare a variable "unsigned;" what did I do it??? Why would I delcare an integer "long" or "short" ( unsigned or signed)?? Any examples of when things like "unsigned", "long", "short" etc...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
6 Replies

6. Programming

[ASM] Adding SIGNED numbers?

Hi guys, I want to add a list of SIGNED numbers... but I don't know how to tell the computer to ADD THEM as signed, let me explain further: when adding 200 + (-100) , it becomes 100, but in asm the computer always add them as unsigned, so I always get the 300. Do I have to add them in a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamachejo
4 Replies

7. Programming

Signed and unsigned intergers

when a date type is considered signed and unsigned is that simple referring to - for signed and positive numbers for unsigned? Further if that is the case would mutiplying and dividing ect where 2 signed numbers, like (-2)*(-2) = 4 result in a unsigned. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] awk solution to add sequential numbers based on a word

Hi experts, I've been struggling to format a large genetic dataset. It's complicated to explain so I'll simply post example input/output $cat input.txt ID GENE pos start end blah1 coolgene 1 3 5 blah2 coolgene 1 4 6 blah3 coolgene 1 4 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
4 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Unsigned to signed, error?...

Hi guys... Macbook Pro, 13", circa August 2012, OSX 10.7.5, default bash terminal. I require the capability to convert +32767 to -32768 into signed hex words... The example piece code below works perfectly except... #/bin/bash # sign.sh # Unsign to sign... while true do # I have used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Efficient awk way to add numbers in line fields

data.now: blah1,dah,blaha,sweet,games.log,5297484456,nagios-toin,529748456,on__host=93 SERVICE__ALERT_=51 Warning___The__results__of__service=16 Warning___on__host=92 Auto_save__of__retention__data__completed=1 Warning___Return=68 PASSIVE__SERVICE__CHECK_=53 ,1026--1313,1... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
12 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)