Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remotely call function from local script Post 302428427 by rdcwayx on Thursday 10th of June 2010 01:20:17 AM
Old 06-10-2010
Has the output only on remote.
Code:
cmd="ifconfig -a > ipInterfaces "

has the output on both remote and local.
Code:
#!/bin/ksh

cmd="ifconfig -a |tee  ipInterfaces "

print -n "Server name is: "
read ServerName

ssh $LOGNAME@$ServerName "$(cmd)"

exit

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make variables in script function local?

Is it possible to make function variables local? I mean for example, I have a script variable 'name' and in function I have declared variable 'name' I need to have script's 'name' have the same value as it was before calling the function with the same declaration. The way to preserve a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to call a local function within Awk

Hi, I have the following statement which parses a string for me and prints it out: l_comp="dc000.runksh.test.ksh| $g_sql/dc0000.runksh_test.sql|new.dat|control.ctl" echo $l_comp | awk -F"|" '{ for ( i = 1; i <= NF; i++) { print $i; } } ' Rather then printing the data, I would like to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAGIRL
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to call another function

Here is the following code : 1. # gcc -c test firstprog.c the above command will generate a executable file called "test " in which ever directory it is run. Assuming It will also return a value. 2. In the below SCRIPT . test is a file generated by compiling a c program... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

howto run remotely call function from within script

Hi I have the following script : #!/bin/ksh #################### Function macAddressFinder ######################## macAddressFinder() { `ifconfig -a > ipInterfaces` `cat ipInterfaces` } ####################################################################### # # print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script – Function Call

Hello, I have Individual function in my shell script , Function1 { Master activities } Function2 { Sub activities 1 } Function3 { Sub activities 2 } … (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanks
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call function from another script

Hey, i got this 2 file. When i try to pick option 1, which is test1, it says ./test: test1: not found. Any idea on how i can fix it? #!/bin/sh QUIT=0 `dirname $0`/testfile while ; do testmenu read option case $option in 1) test1 ;; 2) test2 ;; 3) echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick1097
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running local script remotely with arguments in ksh

When i use ssh command to execute local script on remote server , I am unable to do it. Please let me know how this can be done in ksh req=abc dte=ghd ssh username@hostname "$req $dte" < run_script.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call function as different user within the script

Hello For HP-UX, ksh shell, is it possible to define functions and call them by another user ? For example <function_name> ( ) { command1 command2 } su - <user> -c <function_name> Or the only option is defining the user in the function itself as follows - <function_name> ( )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Running local script remotely with arguments

Dear Experts, I have found this script on internet that can be used to execute local script remotely #!/bin/bash # runremote.sh # usage: runremote.sh localscript remoteuser remotehost arg1 arg2 ... realscript=$1 user=$2 host=$3 shift 3 # escape the arguments declare -a args ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
4 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)