Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris LVM Raid 0+1
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris LVM Raid 0+1 Post 302428330 by incredible on Wednesday 9th of June 2010 01:20:45 PM
Old 06-09-2010
not necessary since you already have enough meta replicas

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

RAID in Solaris 9

All, Is there a way to RAID the disks in Solaris 9? Solaris 8 provided DiskSuite for mirroring disk drives. Is there a GUI for DiskSuite in Solaris 9? Thanks, Mike (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

2. Solaris

RAID 1 + 0 with LVM

Hi, I am on Solaris 9. I have 4 disks that I want to mount in RAID 1+0 with LVM First I initialize the devices ; for example : metainit d102 c1t2d0s6 metainit d103 c1t3d0s6 metainit d104 c1t4d0s6 metainit d105 c1t5d0s6 then I make the mirrors : metainit d120 -m d102 metattach d120... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
7 Replies

3. Solaris

raid 5 using solaris 9 LVM

if i want to create a raid 5 device on 3 disks I have, can I make multiple metadevices? all the example i see on the internet make use of the slice 2 placing the entire disk into the raid5 device. what if i make 3 identical slices on each disk, and make 3 raid 5 metadevices? will that work? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is there a tutorial on how to create RAID 1 on top of lvm?

Hi, there are tons of RAID1 tutorials, but none of them deal with lvm. The problem is that I want to expand my current lvm partition over RAID1 rather than creating a new lvm partition after RAID1 is created. My master harddrive has lvm partition. I'm wondering how to create a RAID1 image of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onthetopo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Raid config on Jumpstart (Solaris 10

Hi there, I was wondering if it is possible to include a RAID configuration in my Solaris 10 Jumpstart files, so that I don't have to manually set up RAID on all my machines. Thanks P.S. I started messing around with Solaris only a week back, so if I sound like a complete idiot, you know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iman453
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Partition management: lvm? fdisk? parted? (on RAID)

Hello, I have a RHEL system with two 500GB hard drives in RAID 1 (I think hardware, but not 100% certain - any way to tell?). It looks like it was just set up in default configuration with a small boot partition and one huge partition for the rest, which composes a LVM volume. I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: builder88
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris not recognizing RAID 5 disks

I've just installed Sol 10 Update 9 on a Sun 4140 server and have a RAID 1 configuration (2 136 Gb drives) for the OS and have created a RAID 5 array (6 136 GB) drives. When i log into the system I am unable to see the RAID 5 disks at all. I've tried using the devfsadm command but no luck and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris recognize HW Raid ??

Hardware: HP P2000 HP DL380 G7 with Solaris Software: Solaris 10 05/08 I had made a Hardware raid on P2000 and install solaris on G7, The raid card controller is working fine. How can I make the raid works on OS?? "raidclt" is getting nothing :wall::wall: Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: stanley1024
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAID on Solaris Question

Hello folks; I'm trying to install Solaris 10 x86 on SUN X4150 box with 6 disks in it, the question is how can i create a Virtual disk like RAID 0 before i install Solaris. When i boot up i don't see any option to go and create my raid before the installation begin. Thanks in advance for any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

10. Linux

Centos 7.2 Convert single LVM to RAID Mirror Reinstall BootLoader

Hello, I am trying to convert a single-drive Centos 7.2 installation with LVM into a two-disk mdadm mirror with mrrored LVM. I was able to follow the excellent instructions at: http://www.dgoradia.com/creating-a-raid1-mirrored-on-an-existing-centos-on-lvm/and did create a two-disk mirror... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
1 Replies
set directory(1m)														 set directory(1m)

NAME
set directory - Changes the value of a modifiable, single-valued attribute of a directory SYNOPSIS
cdscp set directory directory-name attribute-name = attribute-value ARGUMENTS
The full name of the directory. The name of a particular attribute. Specify only one attribute at a time. See the cds_attributes file for the list of attributes and corresponding data types that your application uses. The value of a particular attribute. The value of an application-defined attribute is dependent on the type of attribute. DESCRIPTION
The set directory command changes the value of a modifiable, single-valued attribute of a directory. If the attribute does not exist, this command creates it. Usually, this task is performed through the client application. See the OSF DCE Administration Guide for more infor- mation about attributes. You can specify an application-defined attribute or the following attributes: Specifies the degree of consistency among replicas. By default, every directory inherits the convergence of its parent at creation time. The default setting on the root directory is medium. You can define one of the following for value: CDS does not immediately propagate any updates. The next skulk dis- tributes all updates that occurred since the previous skulk. Skulks occur at least once every 24 hours. CDS attempts to immediately propa- gate an update to all replicas. If the attempt fails, the software lets the next scheduled skulk make the replicas consistent. Skulks occur at least once every 12 hours. CDS attempts to immediately propagate an update to all replicas. If that attempt fails (for example, if one of the replicas is unavailable), a skulk is scheduled for within one hour. Background skulks occur at least once every 12 hours. Use this setting temporarily and briefly because it uses extensive system resources. Controls the upgrading of a directory from one version of CDS to another. By modifying this attribute, you can initiate the upgrading of a directory to a higher version of CDS. Specify the value as v.n, where v indicates the major version number and n specifies the minor version number. There is no default. Privilege Required You must have write permission to the directory. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following command sets a low convergence value on the /.:/mfg directory: cdscp> set directory /.:/mfg CDS_Convergence = low The following commands upgrades the directory version on the /.:/host directory: dcecp> directory modify /.:/host -add {CDS_UpgradeTO 1.2} -single dcecp> directory synchronize /.:/host RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: create directory(1m), delete directory(1m), list directory(1m), remove directory(1m), set directory to skulk(1m), show direc- tory(1m) Books: OSF DCE Administration Guide set directory(1m)