Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pattern match in live stream
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting pattern match in live stream Post 302428323 by phpsnook on Wednesday 9th of June 2010 01:04:03 PM
Old 06-09-2010
pattern match in live stream

hi!

i have a situation like this where i have to analyse the live log generated from

/bin/scp -v you@example.com

is if a pattern like say "Too many connections" comes i shud be able to identify it .

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines from a stream after matching a pattern

Hi, I have a requirement to to an ldapsearch and remove the shadow attributes in the output file. What I do is ldapsearch() | operation to remove shadow > FILE The ldapsearch gives output like this(with same line formation): objectClass: FSConfig objectClass: extensibleObject fsCAIP:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorzinian
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching a pattern 250 characters up and down stream

hii all i have a file a which contains some thing like this strand smthg position + yyx 3020 - yyw 10,000 now i have another file (file2) which contains the data starting from 1 to n positions i want to refer first file if + ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies
Tcl_StringMatch(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						Tcl_StringMatch(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_StringMatch, Tcl_StringCaseMatch - test whether a string matches a pattern SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_StringMatch(str, pattern) int Tcl_StringCaseMatch(str, pattern, flags) ARGUMENTS
const char *str (in) String to test. const char *pattern (in) Pattern to match against string. May contain special characters from the set *?[]. int flags (in) OR-ed combination of match flags, currently only TCL_MATCH_NOCASE. 0 specifies a case-sensitive search. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This utility procedure determines whether a string matches a given pattern. If it does, then Tcl_StringMatch returns 1. Otherwise Tcl_StringMatch returns 0. The algorithm used for matching is the same algorithm used in the string match Tcl command and is similar to the algorithm used by the C-shell for file name matching; see the Tcl manual entry for details. In Tcl_StringCaseMatch, the algorithm is the same, but you have the option to make the matching case-insensitive. If you choose this (by passing TCL_MATCH_NOCASE), then the string and pattern are essentially matched in the lower case. KEYWORDS
match, pattern, string Tcl 8.5 Tcl_StringMatch(3)