Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux history timestamp is messed up Post 302428273 by nitin on Wednesday 9th of June 2010 10:17:56 AM
Old 06-09-2010
history timestamp is messed up

Hi,
Just wanted to know if anyone else has noted that the time-stamp in the history is all out of whack.Smilie
I've Ubuntu, all patched, and when I ran history, it showed me commands that I ran few weeks ago with today's date. Is this normal?
Here is a snippet:
Code:
   85  2010-06-09 09:03:31 ls
   86  2010-06-09 09:03:31 cd ..
   87  2010-06-09 09:03:31 ls
   88  2010-06-09 09:03:31 ls -l
   89  2010-06-09 09:03:31 df -h
   90  2010-06-09 09:03:31 ls
   91  2010-06-09 09:03:31 screen 

Now I know ran the above ls and cd a few days ago, but it's showing today's date. In fact, most of them are like that.Smilie
Suggestions?

Nitin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Messed up tar files

I created tar files for directories using this command: tar -cvf * >tarfile what happened was I got a file tarfile with a list of the files and it took the first file in each directory and overwrote it with the actual tar file. I've been trying to figure out since yesterday what I did... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barb
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I think I have messed up with crontab

Hi Guy, In my system there were some cronjob were already scheduled. and somehow I want to enter one new cronjob with crontab. So I isssue crontab temp.txt. it scheduled that job but now it's showing me only this job with crontab -l. but I can not see the old cronjob list that already set up.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalpatel03
2 Replies

3. AIX

Totally messed up

I have moved the etc/passwd file and we are now unable to get in to Unix - any suggestions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbagwell
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

messed up path

Help!! Seem to have messed up my path, as I keep getting command not found error. Could someone please tell whats wrong or how to fix it. export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:$PATH ---------- Post updated at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:50 PM ---------- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davcra
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

history timestamp in Solaris

Anyone knows how to display timestamp in Solaris since "HISTIMEFORMAT" variable is not supported in ksh ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Messed up password

I am unable to change my password even in root (recovery mode), or to unlock it. I can still access my account, but without password protection. In GUI Administrator account 'disabled' is displayed. This is what I have done so far: In root:#usermod -U roy usermod:cannot lock /etc/passwd;... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Royalist
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

History command with timestamp

Hi, i want to print timestamp of the command along with output of 'history' command. Tried this export HISTTIMEFORMAT='%F %T'. But it did not work still getting history output in general way (line number and command). I'm using HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64. Requesting help in this regard. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies
Devel::REPL::Plugin::ReadLineHistory(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		 Devel::REPL::Plugin::ReadLineHistory(3pm)

NAME
Devel::REPL::Plugin::ReadLineHistory - Integrate history with the facilities provided by Term::ReadLine DESCRIPTION
This plugin enables loading and saving command line history from a file as well has history expansion of previous commands using the !-syntax a la bash. By default, history expansion is enabled with this plugin when using Term::ReadLine::Gnu. That means that "loose" '!' characters will be treated as history events which may not be what you wish. To avoid this, you need to quote the '!' with '': my $var = "foo!"; or place the arguments in single quotes---but enable the "Term::ReadLine" attribute "history_quotes_inhibit_expansion": $_REPL->term->Attribs->{history_quotes_inhibit_expansion} = 1; my $var = 'foo!'; and to disable history expansion from GNU readline/history do $_REPL->term->Attribs->{do_expand} = 0; CONFLICTS
Note that Term::ReadLine::Perl does not support a history expansion method. In that case, you may wish to use the Devel::REPL History plugin which provides similar functions. Work is underway to make use of either History or ReadLineHistory consistent for expansion with either the Term::ReadLine::Gnu support or Term::ReadLine::Perl. perl v5.14.2 2010-06-13 Devel::REPL::Plugin::ReadLineHistory(3pm)