Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check for file name of specific format using find? Post 302428265 by IND123 on Wednesday 9th of June 2010 09:37:45 AM
Old 06-09-2010
Actually I tried with perl script which you have given, but its not working out the way as it has to be, its showing - found once I execute the script and press enter key;

Can I get a solution using unix shell scripts?

Thanks.,

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract specific data from xml format file.

Hi, I need to extract the start time value (bold, red font) under the '<LogEvent ID="Timer Start">' tag (black bold) from a file with the following pattern. There are other LogEventIDs listed in the file as well, making it harder for me to extract out the specific start time that I need. . .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 60doses
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File format check

How to check if file is in a given format? For instance: if file records are delimeted with "|" ( pipes) and have exactly 26 fields? File is pretty big (~3 mil reccords), so not sure if I have to check all records or just head/tail records or smth. Any ideas are much much more than... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leo_NN
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning a specific format to a specific column in a text file using awk and printf

Hi, I have the following text file: 8 T1mapping_flip02 ok 128 108 30 1 665000-000008-000001.dcm 9 T1mapping_flip05 ok 128 108 30 1 665000-000009-000001.dcm 10 T1mapping_flip10 ok 128 108 30 1 665000-000010-000001.dcm 11 T1mapping_flip15 ok 128 108 30... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check file name format using shell script?

Hi, I am writting a script, which accepts input file as parameter. Input file name is aa_bb_cc_dd_ee.<ext> I need to check that input file name should be of 5 fileds. Please help me out. :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting content from a file in specific format

Hi All, I have the file in this format **** Results Data **** Time or Step 1 2 20 0.000000000e+00 0s 0s 0s 1.024000000e+00 Us 0s 0s 1.100000000e+00 1s 0s 0s 1.100000001e+00 1s 0s 1s 2.024000000e+00 Us Us 1s 2.024000001e+00 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to arrange file in specific format

Hi All, I am new to forum, I am looking to arrange a file in specific format but unable to get the formula to do it, already googled for the same, but didnt find the answer :(. hope to get help here :o:o:o:o:o I have to files : $ cat Dev_List2 0685 0686 0687 0688 0689 068A 068B 068C... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasan_Aix
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy UNIX File into a DSN with a specific Format

Hi All , I am new to programming and here is what i am trying to achieve , i am taking a list of mounted filesystems (based on the HLQ) , passing it on to a txt file and then copying the file to a DSN .The code i am using : df | grep WAST.*WASCFG.*ZFS | awk '{print $2}' | sort -o log.txt |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnjanM
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file with a specific pattern for current sysdate & upon find email the details?

I need assistance with following requirement, I am new to Unix. I want to do the following task but stuck with file creation date(sysdate) Following is the requirement I need to create a script that will read the abc/xyz/klm folder and look for *.err files for that day’s date and then send an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find files having filename containing specific date format

Hi, I have a requirement to create a shell script(tcsh) that finds all the files in a directory having the file name containing date format "YYYYMMDDHHMM" and extract the date time part ""YYYYMMDDHHMM" for further processing. Could you please have any idea on this. trades_201604040000.out... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopal.biswal
6 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)