Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed command garbled error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed command garbled error Post 302428217 by pasricha.kunal on Wednesday 9th of June 2010 07:25:01 AM
Old 06-09-2010
sed command garbled error

Code:
sed: command garbled: s/ri="[0-9]*"/ri="

what i did is you can see below

Code:
sed "s/ri=\"[0-9]*\"/ri=\"$newri\"/" $2 > output

how to solve this

Last edited by Franklin52; 06-09-2010 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: command garbled

Im getting this error message when trying to substitute filepaths in a sed search and replace string #!/usr/bin/ksh ORACLE_SID=PH3 ORACLE_ADMIN=/data01/app/oracle/admin/$ORACLE_SID DATAFILE_DIR=/asterisk/oradata/$ORACLE_SID sed -e s/DBNAME/$ORACLE_SID/g < initPH2.ora | sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blakmk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: command garbled error.....

Dear friends, please give me the solution to the following query. If a file contains multiple tags of same name, then how to get the required string between the tags, in which the string begins with "W/X" i.e., file1.txt contains following text(please note that all the following tags are in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swamymns
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: command garbled :s/

Hi, I really need some help, I am using a very basic script to proess a text file. This script has been used many times but all of a sudden all on it's own it's stopped working. The line in the script is: sed 's/ //g' $ORGFILE > $NEWFILE and the error is Sed: command garbled :s/ All... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heidi.lightfoot
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: command garbled - when executed with $variables

I have got a file job_tree.lst , which contains 1 line as below $ cat job_tree.lst ABC_D_EQ_XXXXX_YYYY_PRD_UX 05/08/2009 05:47 05/08/2009 05:50 IN 13412850/0 I want to get a child job string 3 characters offset from the parent job string (i.e. ABC_D_EQ_XXXXX_YYYY_PRD_UX 05/08/2009... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Armaan_S
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: command garbled

Hi, I have a file1 as : A=/home/user B=/home/user1 C=/home/user2 D=/home/aacsms E=/home/user1/temp F=/home/user1/area1 and my script as: a=`cat /home/aacsms7/file1 | grep -i e` b=`user2` sed 's/'$a'/"E=/home/'$b'/temp"/g' < file1 > file2 sed: command garbled:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yesmani
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed command garbled question

for j in $(cat ${list_B}) do to_replace_2=$(grep $j ${useralias}_2) sed "s/^${j}/${to_replace_2}/p" ${entries} > ${entries}_2 mv ${entries}_2 ${entries} done Hi, I've the above sed command running in a script. Its basically looping through a file and replacing its beginning of line... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed - ksh: sed: command garbled:

Hi all, What am I doing wrong here? $ cat test_sed.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh var="sed -e \'6s/9/6/\' testfile.txt > testfile.txt.2" $var $ ./test_sed.ksh sed: command garbled: \'6s/9/6/\' Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: command garbled error

Hi all, Suppose that I want to update the db.password entry in the below properties file, db.username=admin db.password=qhKkBno2U5GEq5k/dnmGPA== //I want this line to be replaced by: "db.password=abc/123/" db.host=server db.port=22 db.sid=database However when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help - Command garbled

Hi, First post for a noob so please go easy with me :) I have a XML block that is originally like this: <SETNAME>somecrap/THIS</SETNAME> and I would like it be replaced with, in the original file: <SETNAME>THIS</SETNAME> I tried to use: sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhuanyi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command garbled when using sed

Hi everyone, Can anyone help me in question below? I want to cron a job to add partition every month but get the error sed: command garbled: s/YYYYMM/ . > echo $YYYYMON_NEW 201304 > echo $YYYYMON_OLD 201208 > echo $YYYY_MM_NEW 2013-05 This is my base script: ALTER TABLE STS.ADMIN ADD... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fenocean
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)