Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File naming in array adds additional extension Post 302428167 by albertogarcia on Wednesday 9th of June 2010 05:03:21 AM
Old 06-09-2010
Hi,

I think that when you do:
Code:
for log in "${dir_array[@]}".log

the las log has the .log suffix.

Try with:
Code:
for log in "${dir_array[@]}"
do
   log=$log.log
   ...and the rest

This User Gave Thanks to albertogarcia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

naming a file to hostname

I am running a script remotely to another client. after it runs it places the file in /tmp. I need the file in /tmp to be renamed to the local hostname. but when i set the variable it names the file to my local hostname. how do i fix that (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
4 Replies

2. Solaris

6120 Array. Additional physical Disks and ZFS

Hi; I have 4 new disks in a 6120 Array attached to a SUN server running zfs. There are already two virtual disks on the array comprising of 3 disk raid 5 for each Vdisk. I need to add two more disks to each vdisk making each a 5 disk raid 5 Vdisk. If ZFS already has the original... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: myjess
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue in naming a file

Hi, I want to create a file named 'abc(+1)' and append the data of file 'abc' to it. But getting error as unexpected'(' when i tried to use the following command. cat abc > abc(+1) Is there any other way to include brackets along with +1 in the file name? TIA. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vimalr
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

#file naming

hi all, Please advise at what circumstance those file will become -rwxr-xr-x 1 psa psa 1969088 Aug 18 2006 #libaa.sl -rwx------ 1 psa psa 2166784 Jul 25 2006 #libcrypto.sl.0.9.7 -rwx------ 1 psa psa 904040 Jul 25 2006 #libxxx.sl -rwx------ 1 psa ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file naming question

Hi, I need some help! I have a file in which i im splitting into 20 different files each called model_001.in model_002.in etc... i would like to make directory for each file using only the name and not the extension so that the directory names are model_001 model_002 etc. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: olifu02
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File splitting, naming file according to internal field

Hi All, I have a rather stange set of requirements that I'm hoping someone here could help me with. We receive a file that is actually a concatenation of 4 files (don't believe this would change, but ideally the solution would handle n files). The super-file looks like:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leedor
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

m4 adds extra space at top of file.

I have used m4 in the past to generate source code where aesthetics and space were of no consequence . Now I am using it to generate script and program templates . So here is an excerpt from my m4 file for producing a generic bash script: dnl `$Id$' define(`START_SCRIPT',`#!/bin/bash... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bubnoff
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File naming format

Hi, su - oracle<<EOC export PATH=${PATH}:${ORACLE_HOME}/bin exit EOC set `sqlplus -S $user_name/$password@$tns<<EOS set head off select min(time),max(time) from products; exit; EOS` var1=$1 var2=$2 su - oracle -c "exp user/pass@localdb... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

file naming in a script

#!/bin/bash while read inputline do what="$inputline" echo $what; if ; then exit fi $reextend $what $print ls -a done this is my code i am trying to change all of the file types of a certain directory to another file type but im not all the way there can someone help please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: domdom110
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with naming the file

Hi, I have a folder that contains files abc.txt def.txt ....and so on Inside abc.txt, I have @<TRIPOS>MOLECULE 4|Chelerythrine|abcb11_earlyIdentification_Stronginhib_washed_ligprep|sdf|1|dock Inside def.txt, I have @<TRIPOS>MOLECULE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rossi
6 Replies
Sendpage::KeesLog(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Sendpage::KeesLog(3pm)

NAME
Sendpage::KeesLog - implements a logging subsystem SYNOPSIS
$log=Sendpage::KeesLog->new(); $log->on(); $log->do('crit',"Something bad happened"); $log->reconfig($config); $log->do('debug',"I'm doing things"); $log->off(); $log->do('info',"Look at me, I'm writing to stderr now"); DESCRIPTION
This module is used in sendpage(1). BUGS
I need to write more docs for it. AUTHOR
Kees Cook <kees@outflux.net> SEE ALSO
perl(1), sendpage(1), Sendpage::KeesConf(3), Sendpage::Modem(3), Sendpage::PagingCentral(3), Sendpage::PageQueue(3), Sendpage::Page(3), Sendpage::Recipient(3), Sendpage::Queue(3) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2000 Kees Cook. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2008-01-03 Sendpage::KeesLog(3pm)