Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Want to move to UNIX admin dept. Post 302428125 by rajsharma on Wednesday 9th of June 2010 01:30:11 AM
Old 06-09-2010
Bug Want to move to UNIX admin dept.

Hi everyone,

I work in UNIX AIX and most of the work is related to shell scripting.Now i want to move to the UNIX admin.Can you guys let me how to start about this?Pls provide the links of resources that could help.

Thank in advance.

Raj

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Tips and Tutorials

Read this if you are serious about being a Unix Admin...

Okay someone posted this as a response to a newbie question about books and resources and the ever popular "What should I read to be a good unix admin " newbie question... I feel this should be a sticky, because after having read a good portion of it since yesterday, I noticed the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Lost both Unix Admin's ....need help

Hi all, I know nothing about unix. Both of our unix guys left for greener pastures. I have been given the task of tring to get 10,000 accounts on a hp ux system into active directory. The accounts don't need to be moved, but they need to be in active directory for a couple of applications. Even if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bob D
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Admin Careers

I wish to transition from Mainframe to Open Systems Storage Administration. How much training would I need in order to meet requirements for an AIX Administrator position? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ednan171
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Guide for Unix admin

Hi guys, I believe most of you guys are guru here. I'm actually linux/unix programmer and understand some of linux language (sh, bash, perl). I would like to jump into more technical role which is sys admin which I need to do something like : - Veritas backup and clustering (I heard our... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: peac3
14 Replies

5. Advertise with Us

Where are the UNIX Admin Jobs?

Greetings.... I have asked this question before, and gotten the "go to school response" and the "help desk job" response, the problem is, these positions require experience, and I have not found a company willing to hire me. I have complete a Unix Fundamentals course, and I plan to continue my... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlordane
24 Replies

6. Advertise with Us

Windows to Unix Admin

Hi, I'm looking a bit of advice on a job offer I've been made. I'm currently a Microsoft Windows Administrator, with good experience in this and also in Novell. I've just been offered a job to re-train as a UNIX Administrator. I'm not sure whether to take it or not. It's more... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: horhif
4 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Jr UNIX Admin Position

Hello. I have worked in a desktop support role for the past 2 years. I was approached at my place of work and offered a job as a junior Unix administrator. All training would be provided. The only experience I have is what I have read about Unix in my free time. Nothing more. I had a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tentex87
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
services-admin(1)						   User Commands						 services-admin(1)

NAME
services-admin - Basic tool to enable and disable SMF services. SYNOPSIS
services-admin [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
services-admin provides a simple list view of all the services configured on the system (in SMF) and allows the user to enable/disable the services. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more informa- tion. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Running the main application. example% services-admin EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/services-admin Executable for services configuration. /var/spool/setup-tool-backends/backup/services Backup directory for files that are modified. /var/run/setup-tool-backends/debug/services Debug logs can be found under here. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-system-tools | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. users-admin(1), shares-admin(1), time-admin(1), network-admin(1), gnome-std-options(5), smf(5), svcadm(1M), svcs(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
It isn't possible to do anything other than disable/enable a service. Some services may not be listed. Written by Darren Kenny, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. SunOS 5.11 6 Nov 2006 services-admin(1)