Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED Delete all between 2 tags ... Post 302427974 by alexander_ on Tuesday 8th of June 2010 12:43:30 PM
Old 06-08-2010
SED Delete all between 2 tags ...

Hi @all,

i need an SED-command which deletes all signs in an xml-file between the </text> and the following <text> - tags.

Code:
sed '/</text>/,/<text>/d'

doesn`t work!

regards
alex

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use sed to delete a character

I built a 12 million record file and made a mistake, one field is 1 character too long. The record is 40 bytes and ends always in 999. I am trying to delete the 37 character in each record. Is this possible without doing a cut and paste. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bthomas
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete ^ using sed

Hi All, I am very new to UNIX... I was trying to delete ^ from a file and save it with different name... The version is AIX 5.3 The input file is in this directory /a/b The Input file name is o9876.out I want the output file in same path with different name like ABC.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: us_pokiri
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete using sed

hi , i need to delete all the lines in a file except a line which starts with the letter SP (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhdmehraj
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed-delete

Guys, file1: test \ 123 cat file1 | sed '/test \/d' ---- does not work I have to remove the line "test \" in file1 can somebody help ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

USING sed to delete a line

Please let me know wat would be sed command to delete any partcular line from a file and also moving lines below it to up. ie wen line #9 is deleted data in line #10 should move to #9 and so on. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to delete character 0 only when it's on its own?

Hi all I am trying to get my head around doing the following.... I have an input field that could contain either a number a blank field or a whitespace field. What I want to do is delete a 0 (zero) if it's on its own or leading the number. So:- \t0 delete the zero 0 delete the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed delete

I am not able to analyze the below code.. What I expected is that DELETED will be replaced with the first field in every line.But after giving a try, the output was different. Can anyone pleas analyze and explain the code in detail? Many thanks... $ sed 's/* /DELETED /g' g1.txt > g4.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - delete content inside tags multiline

I need that a certain part of the content below excluded ==Image Gallery== followed by <gallery> and the content until </gallery> test SED1 ==Image Gallery== <gallery> Image:car1.jpg| Car 1<sup>1</sup> Imagem: car2.jpg| Car2<sup>2</sup> </gallery> test SED2 ==Image... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dperboni
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to delete ^M

I am trying to use sed to delete the ^M at the end of the line and when i pass a file './asciiFix.sh wintest.txt' I get an error saying sed: can't read : no such file or dir. Can someone give me a pointer as to what I am doing wrong? #!/bin/sh if file "$@" | grep "with CRLF"; then echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwatt019
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed match exactly and delete

I am using following sed rule to delete 2 lines after a pattern match inclusive. # cat /tmp/temp.txt dns.com 11 22 mydns.com 11 22 dns.com.au 11 22 LAST LINE # cat /tmp/temp.txt | sed -e '/dns.com/,+2d' LAST LINE I just need to remove lines below dns.com only and NOT below... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
5 Replies
DOCBOOK2GJOTS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  DOCBOOK2GJOTS(1)

NAME
docbook2gjots - Convert a DOCBOOK file to gjots format (on stdout) SYNOPSIS
docbook2gjots [ DOCBOOK-file ] DESCRIPTION
docbook2gjots converts a DOCBOOK XML file into gjots format. docbook2gjots uses gawk(1) to perform the conversion. <preface>, <chapter>, <section>, <sect1>, <sect2>, <sect3> and <sect4> tags are used to define NewEntry and NewFolder boundaries. They should definitely have <title> tags. This is a quick and dirty hack using gawk(1) and does no formal checking of XML or SGML syntax nor does it validate against the DOCBOOK DTD. Consequently, if the syntax of the file is broken the conversion will probably fail. It is intended that a round-trip can be made so that gjots(1) can be used as a tool at all stages of DOCBOOK production - mainly as an out- line processor to help the author organise and order the work. A document may well start its life in gjots(1) as the initial thoughts are marshalled. As the document forms up, it can be converted to DOCBOOK with the following command which automatically adds tags such as <?xml...>, <para> etc: gjots2docbook -b file.gjots >file.xml docbook2pdf file.xml Or, starting with an existing DOCBOOK file: docbook2gjots file.xml >file.gjots In the latter case, the document will already have a lot of DOCBOOK tags so to convert back to docbook, add the -e and -p options: gjots2docbook -b -p -e file.gjots >file.xml docbook2pdf file.xml AUTHOR
Written by Bob Hepple <bhepple@freeshell.org> http://bhepple.freeshell.org/gjots COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002 Robert Hepple This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PAR- TICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
gjots(1), gjots2html(1), gjots2docbook(1) DOCBOOK2GJOTS(1)