Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract value from a text
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract value from a text Post 302427862 by marimovo on Tuesday 8th of June 2010 06:28:12 AM
Old 06-08-2010
Extract value from a text

Hi all,
my problem is extract a value from a text, i mean, I have this text:

> ala
Code:
Nr of active alarms are: 16
================================================================================================
Sever Specific Problem                    Cause                     Mo-Reference
================================================================================================
Maj   DcDevice_DeviceDisabled             replaceable_unit_problem  Pool=DcDevice,DcDevice=51 
Maj   NbapDedicated_RncRbsControlLinkDown transmission_error        Iub=012,NbapDedicated=1 
Maj   NbapDedicated_RncRbsControlLinkDown transmission_error        Iub=586,NbapDedicated=1 
Maj   Cell_ServiceUnavailable        unavailable               Cell=012U1   
Maj   Cell_ServiceUnavailable        unavailable               Cell=012U2   
Maj   Cell_ServiceUnavailable        unavailable               Cell=012U3   
Maj   Cell_ServiceUnavailable        unavailable               Cell=586U1   
Maj   Cell_ServiceUnavailable        unavailable               Cell=586U2   
Maj   Cell_ServiceUnavailable        unavailable               Cell=586U3   
Warn  Cell_NbapReconfigurationFailure performance_degraded      Cell=032V2   
Warn  Cell_NbapReconfigurationFailure performance_degraded      Cell=727U1   
Warn  Cell_NbapReconfigurationFailure performance_degraded      Cell=727U2   
Warn  Cell_NbapReconfigurationFailure performance_degraded      Cell=727U3   
Warn  VC ete Alarm Indication Signal      alarm_indication_signal   VccTp=011
Warn  VC ete Alarm Indication Signal      alarm_indication_signal   VccTp=322 
>>> Total: 16 Alarms (0 Critical, 9 Major)

I want to extract the line where "Total: 16 Alarms" is shown and extract the two value into (), e.g. (0 Critical, 9 Major) and use the two value, in this case 0 and 9 as a var.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you!

Last edited by radoulov; 06-08-2010 at 07:32 AM.. Reason: Added code tags!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extract text b/w two delimiters

I have an input file which looks like " @$SCRIPT/atp_asrmt_adj.sql $SCRIPT/dba2000.scr -s / @$SCRIPT/cim1005w.pls $SCRIPT/dba2000.scr -s / @$SCRIPT/cim1006w.pls start $SCRIPT/cim1020d.sql;^M spool $DATA/cim1021m.sql @$DATA/cim1021m.sql ! rm $DATA/cim1021m.sql spool $DATA/cim1021m.sql... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowsed4u8
6 Replies

2. Programming

c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file

needa c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file. and then storing them in to diffrent variables ? text file like 0: abc.txt ========= aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract particular text

I executed a following sed command => echo "a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h" | sed 's/\/*$//g' a/b/c/d/e/f/g Now what if I want to extract "g" from "a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h" . That is second last string using SED. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shell_Learner
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract text from a file

I have been reading several posts regarding how to extract text from a file, but none of those have helped me for what I need. This is my problem: I need to extract the text after my pattern So my line is: 485.74 6589.5 Log likelihood: 1485.79 My pattern is 'Log likelihood:' and I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: loperam
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Extract text between two strings?

Hi, I want to extract some text between two strings in a line i am using following command i.e; awk '/-string1/,/-string2/' filename contents of file is--- line1 line2 aaa -bbb -ccc -string1 c,d,e -string2 line4 but it is showing complete line which is having searched strings. aaa... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: emresearch
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract text between two strings

Hi I have something like this: EXAMPLE 1 CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "STRING_1"."STRING_2" ON "BOSNI_CAB_EVENTO" ("CD_EVENTO" , "CD_EJECUCION" ) PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 5242880 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1 BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT) TABLESPACE "DB1000_INDICES_512K"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrispaz81
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract text from string

Dear community, I know, this is very stupid question, but I'm scratching my head to find a solution. I have a variable like this: var=" INFO : ABCDEFG"Now I need to remove the leading spaces and output the result like: echo "FIELD1 ; FIELD2 ; $RESULT ; FIELD4" ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a block of text

Hello all, I am working on a script which should parse a large file called input.txt which contains table definitions, index definitions and comments like these ones: ------------------------------------------------ -- DDL Statements for table "CMWSYS"."CMWD_TEC_SUIVI_TRT"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiki_riki_miki
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract text between two strings

Hi, I have a text like these: ECHO "BEGGINING THE SHELL....." MV FILE1 > FILE2 UNIQ_ID=${1} PARTITION_1=`${PL}/Q${CON}.KSH "SELECT ....." PARTITION_2=`${PL}/Q${CON}.KSH "SELECT ........" ${PL}/Q${CON}.KSH "CREATE ...." IF .... ....... I would like to extract only text that only... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract pattern from text

Hi all, I got a txt here and I need to extract all D 8888 44 and D 8888 43 + next field =",g("en")];f._sn&&(f._sn= "og."+f._sn);for(var n in f)l.push("&"),l.push(g(n)),l.push("="),l.push(g(f));l.push("&emsg=");l.push(g(d.name+":"+d.message));var m=l.join("");Ea(m)&&(m=m.substr(0,2E3));c=m;var... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
5 Replies
BASHBUG(1)							      bashbug								BASHBUG(1)

NAME
bashbug - report a bug in bash SYNOPSIS
bashbug [--help] [--version] [bug-report-email-addresses] DESCRIPTION
bashbug is a utility for reporting bugs in Bash to the maintainers. bashbug will start up your preferred editor with a preformatted bug report template for you to fill in. Save the file and quit the editor once you have completed the missing fields. bashbug will notify you of any problems with the report and ask for confirmation before sending it. By default the bug report is mailed to both the GNU developers and the Debian Bash maintainers. The recipients can be changed by giving a comma separated list of bug-report-email-addresses. If you invoke bashbug by accident, just quit your editor. You will always be asked for confirmation before a bug report is sent. OPTIONS
--help Show a brief usage message and exit. --version Show the version of bashbug and exit. bug-report-email-addresses Comma separated list of recipients' email addresses. By default the report is mailed to both the GNU developers and the Debian Bash maintainers. ENVIRONMENT
DEFEDITOR Editor to use for editing the bug report. EDITOR Editor to use for editing the bug report (overridden by DEFEDITOR). SEE ALSO
bash(1), reportbug(1), update-alternatives(8) for preferred editor. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christer Andersson <klamm@comhem.se> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). GNU Bash 3.1 11 December 2007 BASHBUG(1)