Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting howto place in one line output from two functions Post 302427823 by ripat on Tuesday 8th of June 2010 04:37:16 AM
Old 06-08-2010
Depending on OP's need this should also work:

Code:
function1()
{
        VAR+="one "
        VAR+="two "
}

function2()
{
        VAR+="three"
}

function1; function2;echo $VAR

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to place the output of two different echo statements on one line

Hello there, I wrote a shell script to modify the code for some of our clients in our client database. Before starting the data modification the program performs a few checks. When a check is being performed, it should be shown on the screen of the user running the program, the result of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoBa
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the value of a line, that changes place

Hi I am trying to get the value of several results in a file called seq032.diag. The values I am looking for is down under Smooth Tracking nodes and is for g01r01 g02r01 s01t02 etc etc. The problem is that when I try to use look for text and tail etc, it works fine in one result file. In... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Navigatorchief
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HOWTO Append String to End of Line

I have a comma delimited text file and need to appened ",000000" to the end of every line. For example: Before: "D700000","2006" ,"5000","Open Year" ,"Conversion" ,"Wk64","Productive Payroll $" ,1103.45 After: "D700000","2006" ,"5000","Open Year" ,"Conversion" ,"Wk64","Productive Payroll... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bggibson
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

howto replace field in line

Hi all, I'm writing a script in bash where i'm reading line by line into variable, and the i want to replace the second filed in the line with another number, for example if the line looks like this: 10 20 30 40 50 it should look like this: 10 90 30 40 50 and put the new result inside... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morfix
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto return the single penultimate line from my output

Hi All I have what seems to be something quite trivial but for the life of me can't work out a solution. Basically, I have the following script that reads a version report that contains certain flags. If a condition is true, I want to print the value of column 2, sort them uniquely and return... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpin2502
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

howto add line as a first line into a non empty file

Hi Trying to do like this : echo "$variable1\n $(cat file.txt)" but it only adds one time. When I run this cmd again with different variable it only replaces line of variable1. How to add constantly line into first line in file ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enumerate mounted disks and place output in array ?

Hi. I'm new to scripting / programming and was wondering what the best way to output all mounted storage devices and their names to an array would be ? I would like to achieve this using the bash shell. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Jonno :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jonno888
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

useless line feeds in ldapsearch output. Howto remove with shell script?

Hi $ cat ad.sh ldapsearorg -x -LLL -h sb1131z.testbadbigcorp.org -D "CN=ADMINZZ,OU=AdminRoles,DC=testbadbigcorp,DC=org" -w "UT3w4f57lll--4...4" -b "OU=Test,DC=testbadbigcorp,DC=org" "(&(&(&(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(lockoutTime:1.2.840.113556.1.4.804:=4294967295)))))" dn$... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

10. Red Hat

Remove new line for a particular place

Hello All, I have a text file which gets uploaded to tables using shells script. However before running that script I need to alter it, like in the below I have to firstly find the word 1234 and remove the new line from end of it. 1234,5678,fasfasasfsadf abc changes to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep_sandy
11 Replies
UPSLOG(8)							    NUT Manual								 UPSLOG(8)

NAME
upslog - UPS status logger SYNOPSIS
upslog -h upslog [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
upslog is a daemon that will poll a UPS at periodic intervals, fetch the variables that interest you, format them, and write them to a file. The default format string includes variables that are supported by many common UPS models. See the description below to make your own. OPTIONS
-h Display the help message. -f format Monitor the UPS using this format string. Be sure to enclose format in quotes so your shell doesn't split it up. Valid escapes within this string are: %% Insert a single "%" %TIME format% Insert the time with strftime formatting %ETIME% Insert the number of seconds, ala time_t. This is now a 10 digit number. %HOST% insert the local hostname %UPSHOST% insert the host of the UPS being monitored %PID% insert the pid of upslog %VAR varname% insert the value of variable varname The default format string is: %TIME @Y@m@d @H@M@S% %VAR battery.charge% %VAR input.voltage% %VAR ups.load% [%VAR ups.status%] %VAR ups.temperature% %VAR input.frequency% -i interval Wait this many seconds between polls. This defaults to 30 seconds. If you require tighter timing, you should write your own logger using the upsclient(3) library. -l logfile Store the results in this file. You can use "-" for stdout, but upslog will remain in the foreground. -s ups Monitor this UPS. The format for this option is upsname[@hostname[:port]]. The default hostname is "localhost". -u username If started as root, upsmon will setuid(2) to the user id associated with username for security. If username is not defined, it will use the value that was compiled into the program. This defaults to "nobody", which is less than ideal. SERVICE DELAYS
The interval value is merely the number given to sleep(3) after running through the format string. Therefore, a query will actually take slightly longer than the interval, depending on the speed of your system. LOG ROTATION
upslog writes its PID to upslog.pid, and will reopen the log file if you send it a SIGHUP. This allows it to keep running when the log is rotated by an external program. SEE ALSO
Server: upsd(8) Clients: upsc(8), upscmd(8), upsrw(8), upsmon(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 UPSLOG(8)