Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to perform record format checks Post 302427654 by durden_tyler on Monday 7th of June 2010 11:03:25 AM
Old 06-07-2010
One way to do it with Perl:

Code:
$
$
$ cat -n f1
     1  A|c1|c2|c3|....
     2  B|G1|G2|G3....
     3  C|H1|H2|H3...
     4  A|c4|c5|c6|....
     5  B|G4|G5|G6....
     6  C|H4|H5|H6...
     7  A|c7|c8|c9|....
     8  C|H7|H8|H9...
     9  A|c0|c1|c2|....
    10  B|G7|G8|G9....
    11  B|G0|G1|G2....
    12  B|G3|G4|G5....
    13  C|H0|H1|H2...
$
$
$ ##
$ perl -ne 'push @x, $_;
          if (/^A\|/) {$in = 1; $lnum=$.}
          elsif ($in and /^B\|/) {$count++}
          elsif ($in and /^C\|/) {
            printf("The block at line %4d is %10s =>\n", $lnum, ($count == 0 ? "invalid" : "valid"));
            foreach (@x) {print "\t",$_}
            $count=0; $in=0; @x=();
          }
         ' f1
The block at line    1 is      valid =>
        A|c1|c2|c3|....
        B|G1|G2|G3....
        C|H1|H2|H3...
The block at line    4 is      valid =>
        A|c4|c5|c6|....
        B|G4|G5|G6....
        C|H4|H5|H6...
The block at line    7 is    invalid =>
        A|c7|c8|c9|....
        C|H7|H8|H9...
The block at line    9 is      valid =>
        A|c0|c1|c2|....
        B|G7|G8|G9....
        B|G0|G1|G2....
        B|G3|G4|G5....
        C|H0|H1|H2...
$
$

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform some checks on file using perl

hi i want check for PVCS header in file if its present then check if its in proper format or not i want to do this is in perl on windows. this is what i am doing : 1 . open file 2 . check for "PVCS information" if found then store the line no to $line var. 3 . check for "sccs" header ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to perform checks line by line on a file

Hi, I have a file abc.txt with data like this 1 /test/ 2 /test/file.txt 3 /data/ 4 /data/file1.txt 5 /data/file2.txt I want to take out every path from the file and check if its a directory or file. I am trying it with cut with something like this but it doesnt work ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: muaz
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripts for record Re format

I have few files from windows which are tab delimited or ‘|' delimited files. I need to convert these files without any delimiter ( so in a way it would become variable length with no delimiter ) Can someone help me with the command in bourne shell scripts., ( I am trying with awk ) Thanks In... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanks
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash] MD5 Checks with Script.

Hi. I'm triyng to make a Bash Script that checks (recursively) the MD5 from all the files in a certain directory and compare them against some other check that should be already done and saved in a file. I've reached to the point where i have the MD5 from the file and the MD5 that the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BiFo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting particular record format in a file using AWK

I am trying to count records of particular format from a file and assign it to a variable. I tried below command br_count=wc -l "inputfile.dat"| awk -F"|" '{if (NF != "14") print }' but I amnot able to get it done. Please share me some idea how to get it done. Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to performs checks

Hi , I need a script which performs below activity I have one file named "testfile" in 9 different directories with same name. I want to perform below action with each testfile of each directory. if ; then mv listfiles listfiles_`date +%b%y` else echo No Such files fi ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to do the following checks

Hi , I need a script for processing below scenario. I have to check daily by doing ftp IP to check it is logging or not. So i want this activity to be automated such that if login succesful i will get "FTP LOGIN SUCCESS" in a log file and if fails i want the error message in the same log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script function which checks if itself is already running

Hi All, I have a cron job set up which is set to run every 10 seconds. What I need to do is have the script do a check to see if it is already running such that if it is running it wont fire up additional instances and processes according to its normal process. For example if I have a script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help! needed to displaying an output in record format

Hi Friends, Am new to Unix world and this is my first post in this forum. I was stuck in displaying the content. while displaying the content the below points to be taken care 1 ) The header format is repeating 2) To display the value in table format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky2013
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract timestamp from first record in xml file and it checks if not it will replace first record

I have test.xml <emp><id>101</id><name>AAA</name><date>06/06/14 1811</date></emp> <Join><id>101</id><city>london</city><date>06/06/14 2011</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>new york</city><date>06/06/14 1811</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>sydney</city><date>06/06/14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsraju
2 Replies
AMANDA-SCRIPTS(7)						    Miscellanea 						 AMANDA-SCRIPTS(7)

NAME
amanda-scripts - Configuring and using the Script API DESCRIPTION
The Script API is a flexible system for invoking user-supplied scripts at various points in the execution of Amanda. This manual page describes the operation and configuration of the API. For help writing Script API scripts, see http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Script_API. SCRIPTS
This section lists the scripts included with Amanda, see the individual man page for instructions on using them. For complete How-To information, consult the Amanda wiki at http://wiki.zmanda.com. o amzfs-snapshot(8), - create/destroy zfs snapshot. o script-email(8), - send email. Script properties work just like application properties: they are insensitive to case, and - (dash) and _ (underscore) may be used interchangeably. SCRIPTS OUTPUT PROPERTY
A pre-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate or pre-dle-backup executed on the client can output property on stdout that are sent to the application. If the output line matches "PROPERTY str1 str2", Amanda sets a property called "str1" by the value of "str2", that property is sent to the application. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMANDA-SCRIPTS(7)