Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reverse a change of character Post 302427608 by Franklin52 on Monday 7th of June 2010 08:28:36 AM
Old 06-07-2010
Something like?
Code:
awk -F"/" '{t=$6; $6=$12; $12=t}1' OFS="/"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change character case

i need to change character case inside a script file. How i can do that? any fucntion? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vi single character change

I know this is strictly a programming forum - but I consider vi a programming enabler and the question relates to regex you'd use with awk/sed anyway.... I have a file which is 50,000+ lines long and need to change many many instances of word_word_word to be word+word+word where... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brett Taylor
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Position of word character

Hi, I have following format in file aaa with content below, and would like to seek help from forumer about how to change and swap the position on 2nd field. 5874957|901125| 95874960|650614| 95874966|870308| 901125 to be changed as 25-11-1990 for eg Can someone help please ?? :) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cedrichiu
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change every 3rd character

hey champs, i have a files, whose contents are as follows, abcdefghijk lmnopqrstuv .............. .............. i want to replace every other 3rd character to some specified character. let here in this file i want to replace each 3rd character to z. abzdezghzjk lmzopzrszuv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

help me to change the character set

dears i am using solaris 10 i am facing a problem when i make setup for solaris i choose the country egypt and i select the language north america but i forget to do that the i found the date Jun written in arabic i want to change character set to written in english -rw-r--r-- 1 root ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hosney00ux
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename - change n'th character of regexp

Hi, I wonder if its possible to do the following task using rename (perl v5.8.8). I want to find filenames matching the specific pattern and then change chosen character of this pattern to a given character, e.g. do the following renaming: regexp: 'ab' -----> 'a0b' What's the simplest... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pms
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File deliminated with | character - How do I change 1 value

Hi All, I'm struggling with a problem. Data file example: Brown|32 inches|apple|monkey Green|12 feet|grape|cat Blue|32 inches|banana|dog Black|23 inches|pear|horse I need to change the value '32 inches' in the third line, and only the third line, while keeping the rest of the file the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsmith_4242
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change last Character

Hi, Someone can help me please, i have text in file like this: (a,b,c,d,e), (f,g,h,i,j), (k,l,m,n,o), and i want to change the last character to like this: (a,b,c,d,e), (f,g,h,i,j), (k,l,m,n,o); last array character "," i want change to ";" anyone can help me please,, thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change last character in string with a variable value.

Hey Guys, I have text such as this. 28003,ALCORN,2 28009,BENTON,2 28013,CALHOUN,2 28017,CHICKASAW,2 47017,CARROLL,2 05021,CLAY,0 The last digit after the final "," is a variable value. This is the base file. I have to do further execution on this file later and I need to update the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chagan02
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the i-th character of the j-th line

Hi, I have a file like #----------------------------------- 3 ! number of parameters of the polynome 0.00000e+00 0 ! fix=0) free=1 1.03916e-03 1 ! fix=0) free=1 0.00000e+00 0 ! fix=0) free=1 3 ! number of parameters 2.16595e-05 0 ! fix=0)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
5 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)