Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deletion of characters in every second line Post 302427456 by ripat on Sunday 6th of June 2010 07:05:05 AM
Old 06-06-2010
And, if you have mawk available on your platform, give it a try. It's lightning fast! Just did a test on a 1 million line test file:
awk 10 sec.
mawk 0,3 sec.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Line deletion help using perl -ne

Hi all, I know the one liner to delete all the lines in a file which matches a pattern i.e perl -i.old -ne 'print unless /pattern/' file Now i need the perl onliner to delete all the lines which doesnt match the pattern. Also what is the difference between perl -i and perl -i.old. Does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lijju.mathew
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed remove last 10 characters of a line start from 3rd line

hello experts, I need a sed command that remove last 10 characters of a line start from 3rd line. any suggestions? Thanks you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: minifish
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

blank line deletion in a file using perl

Dear All, I am looking for an option in perl using which i could delete empty lines in a file. Or the alternative of sed '/^$/d' <filename> in perl. Sed is not working in my perl script :( Pls help me out . Thanks, VG (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vguleria
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the 1st 99 characters and add new line feed at the end of the line

I have a file with varying record length in it. I need to reformat this file so that each line will have a length of 100 characters (99 characters + the line feed). AU * A01 EXPENSE 6990370000 CWF SUBC TRAVEL & MISC MY * A02 RESALE 6990788000 Y... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: udelalv
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deletion of duplicate characters and count

to delete the duplicate characters in a file I used this code cat file.txt|tr -s "" tell the other ways using sed command to count of duplicate characters thanks:) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsurendra
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to specify beginning-of-line/end-of-line characters inside a regex range

How can I specify special meaning characters like ^ or $ inside a regex range. e.g Suppose I want to search for a string that either starts with '|' character or begins with start-of-line character. I tried the following but it does not work: sed 's/\(\)/<do something here>/g' file1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed - combination of line deletion and pattern matching

I want to delete all the blank lines from a file before a certain line number. e.g. Input file (n: denotes line number) 1: a 2: 3: b 4: c 5: 6: d I want to delete all blank lines before line number 3, such that my output is: a b c d I see that sed '/^$/d' in_file works... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to separate one line to mutiple line based on certain number of characters?

hi Gurus, I need separate a file which is one huge line to multiple lines based on certain number of charactors. for example: abcdefghi high abaddffdd I want to separate the line to multiple lines for every 4 charactors. the result should be abcd efgh i hi gh a badd ffdd Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh: Read line parse characters into variable and remove the line if the date is older than 50 days

I have a test file with the following format, It contains the username_date when the user was locked from the database. $ cat lockedusers.txt TEST1_21062016 TEST2_02122015 TEST3_01032016 TEST4_01042016 I'm writing a ksh script and faced with this difficult scenario for my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: humble_learner
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove first 2 characters and last two characters of each line

here's what im trying to do. i have a file containing lines similar to this: data.txt: 1hsRmRsbHRiSFZNTTA1dlEyMWFkbU5wUW5CSlIyeDFTVU5SYjJOSFRuWmpia0ZuWXpKV2FHTnRU 1lKUnpWMldrZFZaMG95V25oYQpSelEyWTBka2QyRklhSHBrUjA1b1kwUkJkd3BOVXpWM1lVaG5k... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies
MYSQLI_POLL(3)								 1							    MYSQLI_POLL(3)

mysqli::poll - Poll connections

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
publicstatic int mysqli::poll (array &$read, array &$error, array &$reject, int $sec, [int $usec]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style int mysqli_poll (array &$read, array &$error, array &$reject, int $sec, [int $usec]) Poll connections. Available only with mysqlnd. The method can be used as static. PARAMETERS
o $read - List of connections to check for outstanding results that can be read. o $error - List of connections on which an error occured, for example, query failure or lost connection. o $reject - List of connections rejected because no asynchronous query has been run on for which the function could poll results. o $sec - Number of seconds to wait, must be non-negative. o $usec - Number of microseconds to wait, must be non-negative. RETURN VALUES
Returns number of ready connections upon success, FALSE otherwise. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A mysqli_poll(3) example <?php $link1 = mysqli_connect(); $link1->query("SELECT 'test'", MYSQLI_ASYNC); $all_links = array($link1); $processed = 0; do { $links = $errors = $reject = array(); foreach ($all_links as $link) { $links[] = $errors[] = $reject[] = $link; } if (!mysqli_poll($links, $errors, $reject, 1)) { continue; } foreach ($links as $link) { if ($result = $link->reap_async_query()) { print_r($result->fetch_row()); if (is_object($result)) mysqli_free_result($result); } else die(sprintf("MySQLi Error: %s", mysqli_error($link))); $processed++; } } while ($processed < count($all_links)); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => test ) SEE ALSO
mysqli_query(3), mysqli_reap_async_query(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQLI_POLL(3)