Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Grub Error 17: Cannot mount selected partition. Post 302427394 by dr.house on Saturday 5th of June 2010 05:06:59 AM
Old 06-05-2010
Just a guess, but if /dev/sda3 equals (hd0,2), shouldn't /dev/sda1 equal (hd0,0), then?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

can't mount a partition

Hello, I have a problem on my sun station, that run solaris7. To free temporarly a little space on /, I moved a few empty folders (mnt, net, awk, tftpboot) to the /home partition. Unfortunately the system froze just after this...maybe I should not have move this files, I don't know, I am a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabulus
3 Replies

2. Solaris

how to mount other partition?

dear all, that is my problem : c0d0p1 is nt, c0d0p2 is solaris and other on extended partition is pcfs, so how can i mount it somewhere? because i dont know which one connect from raw to block dev. /dev/rdsk/c0d0p? any help would be great... :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stdout
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition?

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition? The manual information at http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/manual/parted.html is good, but I am sure about how I mount the partition afterwards. Thanks, --Todd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtp51
1 Replies

4. Solaris

can not mount the selected partition

Dear Brothers First i installed suse linux with the following partition. my hd0 size is 75gb hdc1 swap 1 gb hdc2 native linux 39gb For the rest of the 35 gb i did not create any partition. so i planned to install solaris 10x86 on that free space. When i installed the solaris i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sayed_021
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to select correct partition and kernel argument for grub?

I use command-line mode of GRUB to load kernel, but I can not know how to chose the partition and kernel argument, as followed : please tell me how to do deal with , thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
0 Replies

6. Boot Loaders

GRUB MBR and restoring a partition

I tried to install another Linux O.S along with MS and to make two Linux's and one windows.Usually when I try this GRUB losses the ability to boot the first Linux install. It did it again. I would really like to get this first install bootable again. Here are some facts. -I have a rescue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount UEFI partition

I want to gain read/write access to a Windows 8 partition from a linux live cd. Prior to Windows 8, I used ntfs-3g to mount the partition from the command line. The "Fdisk -l" command does not seem to be able to read efi partitions. There must be some new strategy for linux users. This is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamarsh
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

This doesn't look like a partition table Probably you selected the wrong device.

Hi, I need to mount the device from this device # fdisk -l . . . Disk /dev/sdas: 2000.4 GB, 2000365289472 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 243197 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes I/O size... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
0 Replies

9. AIX

Can't mount a partition

Hello, today i get some aix errors (can't lock files and strange things) then i umount FS to do a fsck but i get these errors root@omega / > fsck -p /dev/fslv06 The current volume is: /dev/fslv06 Unable to read primary superblock. Unable to read either superblock. I readed on this page... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thorin666
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to boot partition from Grub Minimal_BASH?

Hi, someone knows how can I boot my OS or cdrom from a Grub Minimal_Bash? :confused: sorry, I´m a dummy I explain, when I start loading the OS, I get errors, and ends up in the grub bash. This is the minimal_bash and I have no idea of ​​any command. It tells me "unknow partition". The problem is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veravera
0 Replies
byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)					       byobu					       byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)

NAME
byobu-launcher-uninstall - Byobu Launcher uninstallation utility SYNOPSIS
byobu-launcher-uninstall DESCRIPTION
byobu-launcher-uninstall(1) is a simple utilty that removes the line added to your $HOME/.profile by byobu-launcher-install(1) which launches byobu(1) any time you login through ssh(1) or on a console(4). SEE ALSO
screen(1), byobu(1), ssh(1), console(4), byobu-launcher-install(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 3 Jan 2010 byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)