Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Spanish accent symbol removed by sed Post 302427173 by ldiaz2106 on Friday 4th of June 2010 06:08:37 AM
Old 06-04-2010
Spanish accent symbol removed by sed

Hello All
in a text file I have to replace some numeric code by a string.

This is an exemple of the file:

Code:
000000001 LDR   L ^^^^^nam^^2200169Ia^45e0
000000001 008   L 100604s9999^^^^xx^^^^^^^^^^^^000^0^und^d
000000001 022   L $$a0365-6675
000000001 090   L $$aBMA 1934-1937.
000000001 245   L $$aANALES DE LA REAL SOCIEDAD ESPAÃOLA DE FISICA Y QUIMICA$$h2
000000001 260   L $$aMADRID (ESPAÃA)$$bREAL SOCIEDAD ESPAÃOLA DE FISICA Y QUIMICA$$c1902
000000001 310   L $$aMENSUAL
000000001 500   L $$aCONTINUADA POR: "ANALES DE FISICA Y QUIMICA", ISSN: 0365-2351.
000000001 650   L $$a400000
000000001 650   L $$a660000
000000001 666   L $$aFISICA;QUIMICA

so in this file I must change this:
Only the 2 first digits are relevant

Code:
000000001 650   L $$a400000

by it's correspondence.

To do so, I choose sed, like this:

Code:
sed -i '/[0-9]\{9\} 650   L $$a40[0-9]\{4\}/{G;s/^\(.* $$a\)[0-9]\{5\}\(.*\)\(\n\)$/\1Química\2\3\1Chemistry\2/g}' revistas1.mrk_aleph_sec.dat

This code works but it change the accents from this
Code:
MADRID (ESPAÃA)

to this:

Code:
MADRID (ESPAÃ<91>A)

Whit this new code, the accents are lost...
Any idea?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

accent in emacs

Hello, I try to insert charcheters with accent with emacs. It doesn't work. How can I do ? Thank you in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annemar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed accent

Hi everyone ! I'd like to write a unix command for correcting all european accent errors in a document (spanish, german, french, danisch, etc )! i need to do this for correcting my document : sed -e 's/%2B/\ /g' -e 's/%25C9/É/g' doc1 > doc2 The first command is ok and change "%2B" into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tomat75
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keyboard/Spanish

I am looking for information to find out the easiest way to have my keyboard be able to do Spanish punctuation marks when typing in word processing in Open Office....... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scuup
0 Replies

4. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove spanish accent from file name

Hello All hope all fine, I have a question about spanish accents... I have in a redhat server, a lot of files with Ñ or Ú accent into the NAME of the file. So my question is: Is it possible to change this name but with a script...to change all the occurence in one shot. Exemple: cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldiaz2106
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To replace '(' and ')' symbol using tr or sed

I am trying to replace '(' and ')' symbol with nul text using tr command. But i am not able to get the expected output . Please help # cat test.txt 155170816-(75767Mb) # tr '(' '' < test.txt 155170816-(75767Mb) # tr ')' '' < test.txt 155170816-(75767Mb) # I want the o/p as ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
8 Replies

7. HP-UX

Problem with sftp for accent character files

Hi All, Following are the problems i am facing.Resolution for these would be highly commendable: a)I am trying to transfer files from my local C: directory to unix server using sftp. The problem is coming when files with accent characters are picked for transfer.These files are not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: destinykrishan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove caret (^) symbol from pattern using sed

Hi, I am trying to remove the caret symbol from a bash variable. This is the variable: var="GOTAN^TOK^B"and this is the code I am trying to use to remove the caret symbol: nocarrot=`echo $var | sed -e 's/^/_/g'`This is the output intended (but not acheived with the above function):... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
3 Replies

9. AIX

Accent words file from windows

Hi guys, I'm having a issue with a windows file from, at first the file is readed like one big and extense line and the famous "Ctrl+V Ctrl+R" or "^M return carriage"... fixed with: perl -pe 'if ( s/\r\n?/\n/g ) { $f=1 }; if ( $f || ! $m ) { s/()\z/$1\n/ }; $m=1' $file_input > file_output ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockx
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)