Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How restart the network interface in AIX? Post 302426803 by sunilrk07 on Thursday 3rd of June 2010 02:30:24 AM
Old 06-03-2010
Java How restart the network interface in AIX?

Hi All,

Please let me know the command to restart the network interface and enable it on boot in AIX, similar to /etc/init.d/network restart in Redhat.

Thanks,
Sunil.K

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment please watch out to post in the right subforum!

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 06-03-2010 at 04:02 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Interface

Hi ! Does anyone know how can i get information about my network interface ... if it works in half or full duplex mode !! Thx in adivance ! Witt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: witt
4 Replies

2. BSD

restart the network on freeBSD 7.2

hi howto restart the network with a wireless interface including wpa_supplicant on freeBSD 7.2 without reboot? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

3. AIX

AIX platform: network interface list

Hi, I am trying to list all the interface present in the given system. Here is sample program. i.e. cat 1.c #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <sys/ioctl.h> #include <sys/dlpi.h> #include <net/if.h> /*#include <sys/sockio.h>*/ #include <unistd.h> #include... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgobbur
3 Replies

4. Solaris

configure zones to have different network interface and network

i need to configure a zone to use different interface (bge2) than global and have connected to completely different network switch & to use its own defaultrouter and hosts file .. is it possible ..if so ..how ? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
9 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Access to network interface (Mac-network)

Hi, I'm a italian student. For my thesis I develop a gateway with protocol 6lowpan. For that I must access to network interface to develope my personal stack based on standard 802.15.4. Can you help me? I need an explanation for that. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berny88
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

network interface -

Hello, Please, how can i create a network interface with a routable IP address on linux (ubuntu) ? AND How can i desactivate an interface? Thank you so much for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
1 Replies

7. Solaris

No network cable But Network interface is UP and Running

I've one Netra 240 After changing main board and system configuration card reader, Network is not accessible any more, Network interfaces are always UP and Running even when there is no cable connected to Network interfaces. I tried to restart and plumb/unplumb with no luck. ifconfig -a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Network becomes slow and return fast only after restart network

Hi, I have 2 machines in production environment: 1. redhat machine for application 2. DB machine (oracle) The application doing a lot of small read&writes from and to the DB machine. The problem is that after some few hours the network from the application to the DB becomes very slow and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
4 Replies

10. Debian

How do i correct restart network-services in Debian?

Hello, I would like to do follow steps. Set a static IP-Adress on eth0 (For Testing) Set DHCP on eth0 All steps should be done without a single reboot. /etc/network/interfaces iface eth0 inet static address 192.0.2.7/24 gateway 192.0.2.254How do i perform... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: int3g3r
3 Replies
SLATTACH(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       SLATTACH(8)

NAME
slattach - attach serial lines as network interfaces SYOPNSIS
slattach ttyname [ baudrate ] DESCRIPTION
Slattach is used to assign a tty line to a network interface, and to define the network source and destination addresses. The ttyname parameter is a string of the form ``ttyXX'', or ``/dev/ttyXX''. The optional baudrate parameter is used to set the speed of the connec- tion. If not specified, the default of 9600 is used. Only the super-user may attach a network interface. To detach the interface, use `ifconfig interface-name down' after killing off the slattach process. interface-name is the name that is shown by netstat(1) EXAMPLES
slattach ttyh8 slattach /dev/tty01 4800 DIAGNOSTICS
Messages indicating the specified interface does not exit, the requested address is unknown, the user is not privileged and tried to alter an interface's configuration. SEE ALSO
rc(8), intro(4), netstat(1), ifconfig(8) 4.3 Berkeley Distribution November 17, 1996 SLATTACH(8)