Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Some Awk Getline help?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Some Awk Getline help? Post 302426664 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 2nd of June 2010 01:26:54 PM
Old 06-02-2010
Have you tried the command?

Place file.dat1, file.dat2 and subset.txt in a directory, run the command to see what happens.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk:Problem with getline

$ echo |awk ' BEGIN {"date" | getline current_time;close("date");print "Report printed on " current_time}' Report printed on Thu May 11 14:57:29 METDST 2006 This example works fine but how can i print all the output when is longer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klashxx
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline help maybe?

hello collegues, I am attempting to use awk to search file1 (serverlist.csv) from each row with file2 (supported.txt). If the is no entry exists in serverlist then output to a file called notsupp.out if there is an entry output to supp.out I can do this with basic shell scripting however... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and system getline

Hello, Need some help here. I have this script (test.sh): #!/bin/sh var=$1 (( var = 2 * var )) echo $var Now I want to call this script from awk with one argument and then capture the result in a variable, something like: echo 40 | awk ' { x = $1; "test.sh " x | getline y; print y }... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fbg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline

How do you make the getline function return to the original line? The example below should make it clear where I am currently going wrong. Thanks AWK SCRIPT: ------------- awk -F '-' '{ tmpLine = "EMPTY" print "CURRENT LINE :"$0 getline tmpLine print "NEXT LINE :"tmpLine }'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garethsays
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using getline in awk

I am using awk and want to use getline from a file like below getline x < file However file consists of two columns and I only want to store $2 Any way I can do this? ---------- Post updated at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:45 AM ---------- Done something like this.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline question

Hi there, I have an ifconfig output and i want to write a script that determines whether there is a line "groupname ipmp" on a particular interface here is my example ifconfig -a output lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline t file

I want to import a textfile with getline into var t which has several lines. How do import all lines, since it only imports the last line: while < ((getline t "textfile") > 0) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline problem

Hello, I want to print out the DNA sequence entries (tens of thousand!) that are longer than certain value (i=200) from a file (FASTA file) as: >S94D_ctg_8004 Average coverage: 402.95 ATAATGCCTGTGAATATGACATGTGTTCCTGTTTCTACATCAGACTACTATTCTTGCATA... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline

Hi, I have an awk script with the following function in it . function cmd( c ) { while( ( c | getline foo) > 0 ){ return foo ; close( c ); } } c =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MetaMan
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with if, getline, and another if

Howdy Folks, It seems like it is always awk that confuses the heck out of me and I even have books and examples. I have this line: awk '{if (/clientIP/)(SRV = $NF); if ($2 ~ /BUNDLE-GIM/) getline; if ($2 ~ /r100595/) {print SRV,"BUNDLE-GIM",$2}}' post.txt to parse this text: <api... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: port43
4 Replies
tarsets(1)						      General Commands Manual							tarsets(1)

Name
       tarsets - subset kitting command file generator

Syntax
       /usr/sys/dist/tarsets [ -d ] pathname

Arguments
       pathname

Specify the root directory for the file hierarchy containing the files to be kitted in the subset.

Description
       The  command  reads subset inventory records from standard input and writes a command procedure to standard output.  This command procedure
       contains the commands required to create subset images for the subset described in the input.

The command is used by the utility to produce software kits for use with the utility.

All error diagnostics are written to the file stderr in the current directory.

Options
       -d     Enable debugging. Debug trace diagnostics are written to ts.dbg in the current directory.

Restrictions
       The output command procedure produces multiple tar files.  Each tar file has a goal size of 400Kb. This is an anachronism from the days	of
       software  distribution  on RX50 diskettes.  The command procedure is modified automatically to produce a single subset image when is called
       from the utility.

Return Values
       The exit status from the command is zero unless a hard link referenced in the input inventory cannot be found in the  input  inventory,	in
       which case the status is 1.

Diagnostics
       Invalid Record on line n
	      The input record on line n is not in subset inventory format.

path1 -> path2 link reference unresolved.
	      The  input record for path1 contains a pointer to path2 in the referent field and path2 does not appear in the inventory. This indi-
	      cates that path2 was deleted from the inventory after being created by the invcutter command.

Warning: file filename is n blocks too large for diskette
	      This is an obsolete message. It can be ignored.

Writing Oversized File Volume...
	      This is an obsolete message. It can be ignored.

i Blocks, j Chars on Volume k
	      This is an informational message. The number j is the number of characters in the command written to the output to produce volume k.

Files
       stderr Diagnostic output.

ts.dbg Debug diagnostic output.

See Also
       invcutter(1), kits(1), stl_inv(5), setld(8)
       Guide to Preparing Software for Distribution on ULTRIX Systems

tarsets(1)