Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File read/ write operation
Operating Systems Linux File read/ write operation Post 302426396 by xs2punit on Tuesday 1st of June 2010 07:11:36 PM
Old 06-01-2010
My issue is not that my data is getting corrupted, my issue is that my data is not written and read the way I want.
My server writes to the file and client reads the file. As ajax at the client could ONLY read the file, there is no point of locking.

Well regarding "file release" thing: I mean that the data is not available while it is getting updates, so it seems that the file is being held until whole process is completed.
ie:
if i write 1,2....100 in text file , intead of the changing values 1,2,3 etc; i get
1,2,..100 at ONCE not one by one ie not at the time when it is UPDATED.

I am using Linux, you are write that Linux doesn't hold/hide the file. So, may be this is not a Linux issue. In case you have knowledge of Ajax, let me know if can discuss this further.

Thanks

hope this makes sense to you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

how do you get to know if the write operation was succesful.

how do you get to know if the write operation for writing to a socket was succesful was succesful. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunjag
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read and write from a file

I have tried to show the file name whose size is greater than 200 byte in current directory. Please help me. ls -l | tr -s " " " " | cut -f 5,9 -d " " >out.txt #set -a x `cat out.txt` i=0 `cat out.txt` | while do read x echo $x #re=200 j=0 if }" < "200" ] then echo $j j=`expr $j... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simultaneous file read operation

Hi All, I need information on file handling in UNIX enviornment. If in UNIX enviornment I have two process.. P1 P2 Both accessing the same file simultaneosuly(read operation).. Suppose P1 opened the file in read mode first and started reading the file.. Then P2 opens the same file in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chibob
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write/read to file descriptors

Is it possible to write to file descriptor 0 and read from 1 or 2? How could this be implemented? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machshev
3 Replies

5. Solaris

monitoring multipath IO for read and write operation

Hi Folks, I would like to monitor multipath IO on solaris for write and read operations. Does "sar -d" include multipath IO information along with other block devices ? Thanks, Faizan. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sifaizan
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transferring file write operation to another host

I have a process running on two hosts in Active/Standby mode. Process running on active machine is handling the traffic while process running on Standby machine is sitting idle. We have a debugging mechanism in which logs are generated on local machine. When logging is enabled then process running... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akhilonnet
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grab data between 2 keywords any do an array operation and write the file intact

Hi Unix Gurus, I need to grep for a block that is between a start and end keyword and then in between I need to find and replace a keyword. for eg: I need to search between Test = 000; and Test = 000; and find K9 and replace with M9 INPUT FILE Define { Replace = K9; Test =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen@
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Read and Write

I have got a file in following format: AAAAAAA BBBBBBBB CCCCCCC DDDDDDD I am trying to read this file and out put it in following format: AAAAAAA,BBBBBBB,CCCCCCC,DDDDDD Preferred method is shell or Perl. Any help appreciated. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Araoki
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read and write in the file

Hello Guys, How all are doing? I have an issue in Unix and want help from all of you I have a file in UNIX which it read by line by line , If at the end of line '0' is written the it should fetch that line into another file and change '0' to '1' and If at the end of line '1' is written then it... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
10 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-PUT(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     ECACCESS-FILE-PUT(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-put - Upload a File on the ECaccess File System SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-put -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-put [-debug] [-progress] [-umask mode] [-offset number] [-bufsize length] source-local-file [target-ecaccess-file] DESCRIPTION
Allow uploading source-local-file on the ECaccess File System. If no target-ecaccess-file is specified then the source-local-file name is used. The target-ecaccess-file is in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
source-local-file The name of the source Local File. target-ecaccess-file (optional) The name of the target ECaccess File. OPTIONS
-progress Provide a progress meter on the standard terminal, allowing to monitor the file transmission in real-time. The progress bar is removed from the terminal when the transmission is done. This option is not supported and ignored on Windows platforms. -umask mode The user file-creation mode mask (umask) is used to determine the file permission for newly created files. The default value is 640. -offset number Every open file has an associated file offset, which determines where the next read operation will start. This number is set to 0 by default. -bufsize length Specify the length of the buffer (in bytes) which is used to upload the file. The larger the buffer the smaller the number of http/s requests. By default a buffer of 10485760 bytes(10MB) is used. -version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-put $HOME/bin/a.out Upload the local $HOME/bin/a.out File in the $HOME directory of the authenticated user. The Target File Name is a.out. ecaccess-file-put $HOME/bin/a.out c1a:/tmp/a2.out Upload the local $HOME/bin/a.out File in the tmp directory of c1a. The Target File Name is a2.out. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-move, ecaccess-file-chmod, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-PUT(1p)