Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Listing processes that are a day older Post 302426305 by reddybs on Tuesday 1st of June 2010 11:51:04 AM
Old 06-01-2010
Listing processes that are a day older

Hi All,

I am trying to automate some stuff to make my 'to-do-things' easier. I am in need for help regarding this.

I have an output
Code:
root 17187  3465  0 23:00:00 ?        0:01 Process1    
root  4975  4974  0 May 12 ?        0:00 Process2    
root  4042 16713  0 Jan 30 pts/22   0:00 Process3
root 17187  3465  0 23:00:00 ?        0:01 Process4

I will have to get only the process list which are active more than a day. i.e. Processes that are started on 'May', 'Jun' from the above output.

Here is what i have got so far:

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
ps -ef  | grep string | awk '{print $4, $10}' >>$tmp_file
the tmp file should be modified in such a way that it should contain only processes that are active older than 1 day
Please help me out in this part
for i in `awk '{print $2 }' $tmp_file`
do
echo $i >>$tmp_file2
done
mailx -s subject address <$tmp_file2

Thanks,
Sai

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing files older than 2 months

A script or command to list files older than 2 months in a specified directory and remove it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbekal
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files older than 5 days and remove tem after listing

need help with this ... Find files older than 5 days and remove tem after listing list "test" file older than 5 days and then remove them (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ypatel6871
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to kill processes that are older than 3 days

Hi, I need a .ksh script that lists all the process that are currently running and older than 3 days. once the process list is available i need to mail the list and then kill those processes. Quick response is highly appreciated :b: Thanks in Advance!!! Sri (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem listing processes

hi! i wrote this script(ubuntu os): clear echo "number of running processes" ps -ef | wc -lbut i can't get the number of my currently running processes... is there a way to see HOW MANY processes are running to my system? ---------- Post updated at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous update... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strawhatluffy
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

listing processes older than n days

Hello; trying to find processes older than n days, mostly user shells Tried the following code on 11.31 box: in this case older than 5 days UNIX95= ps -ef -o user,pid,ppid,cpu,etime,stime | grep "-" | awk '{print $2}' | xargs ps -ef|grep -v '?' |\ awk '$5 !~ ""' | awk '($5 ~ "$(date "+%b")")... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How archive the older than 30 day files to another unix server

I need to archive the older than 30 day file to another uinx server.I have wrote the below uinx script. for LOOK_DIR in /TempFiles do for FILE in `find ${LOOK_DIR} -mtime -30 -exec ls {} \;` do echo ${FILE} >> file_list ## This file will have the list of files copied and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: murari83.ds
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp - 1 day older files count

Need to write a shell script on AIX box which will connect to different servers using SFTP and get the file count of only 1 day older files. (purging list) How to achieve this? On local server we can use: find <path> -type f -mtime +1 But how to do it in case of SFTP? Please advise. Thanks... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find processes older than 1 day

// AIX 6.1 I need to extract PIDs of ps -ef |grep /usr/lib/lpd/pio | awk '{print $2}' ps -ef |grep qdaemon |grep /usr/bin/ksh | awk '{print $2}' that are older than 1 day. I know find . -type f -mtime +1, but it doesn't work for PIDs. Please let me know how to get the PIDs older than... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep files older than 1 day

I thought that this would work for grep'ing files older than 1 day. ps -o etime,pid,user,args -e|awk '/^+-/'|sort -t- -n -k 1,1 |grep qdaemon |grep /usr/bin/ksh But, it is not grep'ing any of files (i.e. below) older than 1 day. d_prod 33757970 61999560 0 Oct 27 - 0:00... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing files older than 30 days

Hi, Could someone help me that what the problem is in this code? #!/bin/sh FOLDER=/abc/datasource/checkstatus TIMESTAMP=$(date +%s) for filename in $(find $FOLDER -maxdepth 1 -type f -name "CHECK_STATUS*"); do f1=$($filename -Eo "{4}+") f2=$(date -d "$f1" +%s) if... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Home
11 Replies
print(1)							   User Commands							  print(1)

NAME
print - shell built-in function to output characters to the screen or window SYNOPSIS
ksh print [ -Rnprsu [n]] [arg...] DESCRIPTION
ksh The shell output mechanism. With no flags or with flag - or -, the arguments are printed on standard output as described by echo(1). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -n suppresses new-line from being added to the output. -R -r (raw mode) ignore the escape conventions of echo. The -R option will print all subsequent arguments and options other than -n. -p causes the arguments to be written onto the pipe of the process spawned with |& instead of standard output. -s causes the arguments to be written onto the history file instead of standard output. -u [ n ] flag can be used to specify a one digit file descriptor unit number n on which the output will be placed. The default is 1. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. >0 Output file is not open for writing. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
echo(1), ksh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 print(1)