Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PLZ help..!!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers PLZ help..!! Post 302425973 by adityamitra on Monday 31st of May 2010 07:12:09 AM
Old 05-31-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pludi
1) You still haven't told us what you want to do. And a bunch of lines of input data is not a question!
2) What's wrong with the awk solution? Is this homework?
1) that is a question.. iam trying different things
2) it is not hw.. just in a hurry 2 learn unix..
my project is on it... so hurry

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. Programming

plz help!

i'm pretty new to unix programming. i just wanna know how exactly fork(), waitpid() works. i have read some from the book, but it's still confusing. especially with those < 0 and == 0. plz help!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ligerdave
1 Replies

3. Programming

plz help

alright, i just got this assignment. since im very new to unix programming, i would like to have some ideas about it. honestly, i dont even know what the hell he is asking for. plz see the attached pdf and help me out. thank you :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ligerdave
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz help me

how i can download the game plz tell me ????? ty :) :) :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sora21
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz help

I am a newbie to Unix, I am using vi editor. I was able to print output to the screen using simple scripts. But when I tried a midlevel script I don't see anything on the screen and Cursor is just blinking when I type ./test11 filename. I have used chmod 755 also, but of no use. Any help would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandab
3 Replies

6. Solaris

can anyone help plz

hi I have been given a new Sun fire V120 which i had no use for but my firend wished to host a maple story sever on it so i was happy to let him use it but i have run in to the problem that i have no clue how to configure it so he can use it if anyone can help we would realy appreciate it. Am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdsars
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz help me

this script reads source.txt and move and random choice 6 files among 25 txt file and renmame it.. but it is not executed.. whats problem? #!/bin/ksh while read line do cd $line/radmin num=0 /bin/ls *.txt | while read file_nm ; do (( check = $RANDOM % 2 )) if ; then continue... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: topic32428285
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz help me

hi... i want to print the below format by using shell scripting...plz help me 1 1 2 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 5 Thanking u in advance... regards ram (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ram_pl
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me plz

can you help me to answer these questions ... Q1 - Write shell script to print the following pattern: 1 22 333 4444 55555 Q2- Write shell script to compare the strings, check and see if a command line argument matched the string "net321" print on screen "** string matches ** " if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: last exile
3 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Returns the question name attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.16.2 2012-01-27 Net::DNS::Question(3)