Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace blank values for string using sed Post 302425969 by danmero on Monday 31st of May 2010 07:03:58 AM
Old 05-31-2010
Try:
Code:
awk -F\t '{if($3=="")$3=string}1' OFS="\t" string=x file

Last edited by danmero; 05-31-2010 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: Change logic

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i use sed to replace string with values from a dictionary file

I have file 1 with one million rows. one of the fields is "FIRSTNAME" (the string) I have a second file with about 20 first names. JUDE DAVID HOMER CANE ABEL MARTY CARL SONNY STEVE BERT OSCAR MICKY JAMES JOHN GLENN DOUG (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyolandre
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed to replace values...

I have a file: $somevar=somevalue $anothervar= $someothervar=45 I'd like to be able to replace the values in the file. I just don't know how exactly to use sed. I was thinking along the lines of: cat file | sed "s/$somevar=/anotherval/g" I was hoping this would make the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a string in file with a string in a variable that contains spaces

Hi, i call my shell like: my_shell "my project name" my script: #!/bin/bash -vx projectname=$1 sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ='/'PROJECT_NAME = '$projectname/ <test_config_doxy >temp cp temp test_config_doxy the following error occurres: sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivelafete
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed command to print specific string between word and blank space

My source is on each line 98.194.245.255 - - "GET /disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=&drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN HTTP/1.1" 302 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma with a blank space using SED

Hello everyone, I want to replace all "," (commas) with a blank space My command thus far is: cat test.text | sed -e s/\`//g | awk '{print$1" "$2" "$3}' I'm sure you guys know this, but the SED command that I am using is to get rid of the "`" (tics). which gives me: name ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayT
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a blank field and replace values to NA

Hi All, i have a file like col1 col2 col3 13 24 NA 12 13 14 11 12 13 14 22 NA 18 26 NA in this file if i found "NA" other values in the line are also replace by NA Could you help me! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] - Replace blank and string in csv file

Hi all, i have a .csv file with only two columns, like: Login;Status Luca;S Marco; Stefano; Elettra;S Laura; ... I need to replace the blank space on Status column whit Enabled end, on the same column, S whit Disabled, like: Login;Status Luca;Disabled Marco;Enabled Stefano;Enabled... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamose
10 Replies
XkbAddGeomOverlayKey(3) 					   XKB FUNCTIONS					   XkbAddGeomOverlayKey(3)

NAME
XkbAddGeomOverlayKey - Add a key to an existing overlay row SYNOPSIS
XkbOverlayKeyPtr XkbAddGeomOverlayKey ( overlay, row, under ) XkbOverlayPtr overlay; XkbRowPtr row; char * under; ARGUMENTS
- overlay overlay to be updated - row row in overlay to be updated - under primary name of the key to be considered DESCRIPTION
Xkb provides functions to add a single new element to the top-level keyboard geometry. In each case the num_ * fields of the corresponding structure is incremented by 1. These functions do not change sz_* unless there is no more room in the array. Some of these functions fill in the values of the element's structure from the arguments. For other functions, you must explicitly write code to fill the structure's elements. The top-level geometry description includes a list of geometry properties. A geometry property associates an arbitrary string with an equally arbitrary name. Programs that display images of keyboards can use geometry properties as hints, but they are not interpreted by Xkb. No other geometry structures refer to geometry properties. XkbAddGeomOverlayKey adds one key to the row in the overlay. If there is no key named under in the row of the underlying section, XkbAd- dGeomOverlayKey returns NULL. STRUCTURES
typedef struct _XkbOverlayKey { XkbKeyNameRec over; /* name of this overlay key */ XkbKeyNameRec under; /* name of the key under this overlay key */ } XkbOverlayKeyRec,*XkbOverlayKeyPtr; X Version 11 libX11 1.2.1 XkbAddGeomOverlayKey(3)