Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Releasing a Port
Operating Systems AIX Releasing a Port Post 302425934 by kkeng808 on Monday 31st of May 2010 05:21:10 AM
Old 05-31-2010
Yes Bakunin..

Found that the http4websm subsystem is in the inittab which gets started when the system boots.. Now that subsystem is stopped.. I 'm able to start the webserver

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with releasing semaphore lock

Hi, I am trying to write stuff to a shared memory using a writer, and reading the corresponding stuff using a reader. I am facing problems while releasing the lock, as a result of which I am having segmentation faults. The code is as follows... /********** writer.c ***********/ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacques83
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Checking/ Releasing File Locks in Solaris

Hi, One of my prod jobs using Ab Initio (which is Solaris Based) returned this error: ========= Error from Reformat_3.000 on f7j21-01.xxxx3.com ========= Failed opening file for flow: Resource temporarily unavailable Flow = "Flow_11.000" connected to output port "out0" of "Reformat_3.000"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: teenu18
0 Replies

3. Linux

ext3 file system not releasing space

Hi all i am facing a problem with ext3 file system df -h is showing 19gb is used even if there is not a single file on the mount point /dev/mapper/vg01-archive 55G 19G 33G 36% /archive_log OS == Linux cdrsvr 2.6.9-55.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Apr 20 17:03:35 EDT 2007... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajays
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Veritas HSM not releasing tapes

I have a volume managed by Veritas Storage Migrator 6.0 running on Solaris 10. It has one managed volume and one tape robot it shares with netpackup (separate volume pools). When I check the process tree I am not seeing any migration processes running, but when I check the panel on the tape robot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
0 Replies

5. Programming

Posix Semaphore Use - Releasing all resources?

I am attempting to write a program with multiple POSIX threads. I want to ensure all threads are released at the same time. I am (trying to) use a semaphore to accomplish this. Without too much irrelevant information, I declare my semaphore with 0 of 25 resources available. Is there a way... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowbarr
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Releasing the swap space Solaris

Hi Guys ! I have found this problem many times that the swap space (/tmp space more precisely )of my Server becomes full specially when i run a complete back up of the server . once the /tmp space is full I am not able to run simple commands as i get error like : fork no space on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Releasing the swap space Solaris

Hi Guys ! I have found this problem many times that the swap space (/tmp space more precisely )of my Server becomes full specially when i run a complete back up of the server . once the /tmp space is full I am not able to run simple commands as i get error like : fork no space on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
4 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 6.1: Releasing Memory and Page Space

Hi everyone, i have a question about the Memory Management in AIX 6.1. I have - 128 GB RAM and - 70 GB Page Space. The application i am running on this machine is doing some operations in perl. These are done only once a day and uses both memory and paging space. My problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haichao
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

PLINK from Windows not releasing job

Hi all, I would greatly appreciate some help with this. I may not even be on the right path but I think I am close. I have a Synology NAS that I am running rsync jobs on to offload to USB3. These work fine. I have backup software on our Windows Server 2008R2 that I have now realized can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefshuuj
2 Replies
sfind(1)							    ShapeTools								  sfind(1)

NAME
sfind - shapeTools RMS recursively descend a system hierarchy SYNOPSIS
sfind [-subs | -comp] directory [command] DESCRIPTION
Sfind recursively descends the system hierarchy of a software system managed by the shapeTools Release Management System (shapeTools RMS). Sfind starts it's search from directory downwards. According to the shapeTools RMS conventions, directory must contain a Shapefile which lists the subsystems in the variable SUBSYSTEMS and the subsystem components in the variable COMPONENTS. Each subsystem is visited. If no command is specified, sfind echoes the pathnames of the subsystems it finds, or, if the option -comp is given, the pathnames of the components of each subsystem. When a command is given, it is executed in the directory of each subsystem. The string ``{}'' in command is replaced by the pathname of the subsystem or component. OPTIONS
-subs command is invoked for each subsystem. This is the default. ``{}'' in command is replaced by the pathname of the subsystem. -comp command is invoked for each component. ``{}'' in command is replaced by the pathname of the component. EXAMPLES
List all system components: sfind -comp ~/development Show the pathnames of all versionfiles: sfind ~/development echo -n {}/ ; shape -echo VERSIONFILE Echo identification of the last release of each subsystem: sfind ~/development vl -last -format '$__lastrelease$\n' `shape -echo VERSIONFILE` Necessary quoting to echo a pair of curly braces: sfind ~/development echo two \{\} braces SEE ALSO
find(1), sh(1), shape(1), shape_RMS(1), shape_tmpl(7) CAVEATS
Quoting of shell meta characters can be tough. BUGS
The program is slow because shape(1) is called at least once for each subsystem. When sfind is interrupted, usually shape(1) displays the message ``shape - interrupted'', which may be confusing. AUTHOR
Andreas.Lampen@cs.tu-berlin.de shape_RMS-1.15 Fri Jun 25 17:01:50 1993 sfind(1)