Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Automated command ; extracting files from folders and copying them into a single folder Post 302425927 by xbin on Monday 31st of May 2010 05:08:52 AM
Old 05-31-2010
Code:
find $HOME/Music/iTunes/iTunes\ Music/ -type f -iname "*m4p" -print0 | xargs -0 -J% cp % /path/to/destination/directory/

You might have to tinker with the iTunes Music path.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete all folders/files and keep only the last 10 in a folder

Hi, I want to write a script that deletes all folders and keep the last 10 recent folders. I know the following: ls -ltr will sort the folders from old to recent. ls -ltr | awk '{print $9}' will list the folder names (with a blank line at the beginning) I want to get the 10th folder from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying multiple folders to local machine (don't know folder names)

Hi. I'm trying to copy multiple folders from the remote machine to the local machine. I wrote a batch file to run an ftp window. The problem I am having is that the only command to copy files is mget *, and this copies only files, not folders. For example, ftp ts555 cd ts555/test ' test... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leenyburger
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for Finding files in a folder and copying to another folder

Hi all, I have a folder '/samplefolder' in which i have some files like data0.txt, data1.txt and data2.txt. I have to search the folder for existence of the file data0.txt first and if found have to copy it to some other file; next i have to search the folder for existence of file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish2712
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files but not folders to a new folder

Hi, I have a sub directory with a number of files and folders. What i want is a subdirectory with just folders and not files for cleanliness sake. So I want to move the files into the new folder but keep the folders in the same place. Move all files (but not folders) to new folder. I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hopper_no1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving files from one folder to many folders

I have a more than 10 K files in a folder. They are accumulated in a period of more than an year (Say from 13th July 2010 to 4th June 2011). I need to perform housekeeping on this. The requirement is to create a folder like 13Jul2010,14July2010,......3June2011,4June2010 and then from the main... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symlink all files from one folder into all found folders

Hi. I have a folder which contains my application. I then have a flexible number of folders in another directory, called “sites”. It looks like this: -Application -- Test.html -- CSS --- Style.css -Sites --Site1 --Site2 I want to symlink all the files in the application folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spadez
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copying excluding some files and folders

I have a main folder. Inside that i have many(50) subfolders. In each subfolder, there are a no of large files(500 files ) present. I want to do copy operation for some files from some of the subfolders to /usr/tmp. I have the list of the subfolders and list of of files which i dont want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files from various folders to similar folder structure in another location

Hi, I need to write a script the has to copy the files from folders and subfolders to the same folder structure located in another location. Ex: mainfolder1 file1,file2,file3 subfolder1(file1,etc) subfolder2(file1,etc) to another folder location of same folder structure. rsync is not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raji Perumal
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying folders with only certain files

Hello gurus, quick question I have a bunch of folders each having subfolders that have 3 files with the same name but different in content. So I want to copy the subfolders with only those 3 files to another location. Just making up some names here, Folder1 SubfolderX1 SubfolderY1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files and folders to another folder

I recently bought Synology server and realised it can run scripts. I would need fairly simple script which moves all files and folders from ARCHIVE folder to WORKING folder. I would also need to maintain folder structure as each of the folders may contain subfolders. How would I go about it as I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ###
1 Replies
GBEMOL(1)						      General Commands Manual							 GBEMOL(1)

NAME
gbemol -- graphical frontend for the Music Player Daemon (MPD) SYNOPSIS
gbemol [-mclphf] DESCRIPTION
gbemol is a graphical frontend for the Music Player Daemon (MPD), written in C and using GTK+ toolkit. It allows one to use MPD with a user-friendly interface. Features include an easy-to-use, tag-oriented library browser, a two mode playlist, cover art support (APIC tag only, for now), system tray icon docking, song, album and artist information More info at project homepage: http://gbemol.sourceforge.net/ OPTIONS
-m Start minimized to tray -f Start on full mode. -c Start on compact mode -l Start with library selected -p Start with playlist selected -h Help message SEE ALSO
mpd (1) Project homepage: http://gbemol.sourceforge.net/ AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Andrea Colangelo <warp10@ubuntu.com> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2. GBEMOL(1)