Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX Replace a substring
Operating Systems AIX AIX Replace a substring Post 302425861 by 3vilwyatt on Monday 31st of May 2010 12:34:49 AM
Old 05-31-2010
[Solved] AIX Replace a substring

Hi,

I have a very simple problem but I am new to scripting and I cannot find a way around it.

I am using KSH.

I have a date say

Code:
001200AM

But i want to replace the first 00 to 12 so that the format will now be:

Code:
121200AM

Can anyone help me?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Replace Screen With Model Tft Under Aix 5.1

Hello I want change screen in 7025 F40 with 19 " TFT Currently I have old screen 14 " With Smit I see that the card is GXT120P mga0 and size 330 x 250 mm and type is default. My question is: The changes are done automatically or I must change some parameters ??? . The boot is in graphic... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bustaf
0 Replies

2. AIX

Replace a Failed Root Disk in AIX

My root disk is failed and how to replace the root disk in AIX. Can u give a detailed explanation in step wise. Pls give the answer taking different scenarios. Regards Praveen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinnu_mulakala
1 Replies

3. AIX

Which command in AIX 5L is replace updatelv in AIX 4.3?

When I import VG, it shows: 0516-622 synclvodm: Warning, cannot write lv control block data. I found AIX V4.3 have updatelv command can recovery LVB from VG, however, updatelv is not existed on AIX 5L, which command to replace it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced AWK Regexp substring to int & Replace

Hi! I have a difficult problem, to step up a unknown version number in a text file, and save the file. It would be great to run script.sh and the version gets increased. Example the content of the textfile.txt hello version = x bye This include three steps 1. First find the char after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beachboy72
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed optimized for replace substring

Hi All, I have this text file IR7013903069171012INT10171211864 Axxxxxxxxxx12345dddddddddddd Byyyyyyyyy99999999ddddddddd IR7013903069171012TOS10171211865 Cffffffffff5745747ehdefffffffffgggggggg Dyyyyyyyyy99999999ddddddddd I need to 1) find lines where the substring IR70139 is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio123bgg
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX Replace CIFS by local FS

Hello Everybody, , I need some specific help… Straight to the point, I have a server AIX 5.3 with CIFS Windows Server Shared folder (see en example below ) //X.X.X.X/share$/folder1 /server/rep1/folder1 //X.X.X.X/share$/folder2 /server/rep1/folder2 //X.X.X.X/share$/folder1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BEN1978
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substring AIX ksh

I am trying to obtain a substring in AIX, but unable to obtain result ${var:1:3} ksh: ${var:1:3}: bad substitution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
3 Replies

8. AIX

AIX GUI to replace old school puTTy?

Is there now in existence a graphical interface for AIX instead of black screen on putty? I ask this, because IBM i has GUI interfaces. Maybe a navigator GUI for smitty etc also with powerVP enhanced? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dusktildawn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace substring from a string variable

Hi, Wish to remove "DR-" from the string variable (var). var="DR-SERVER1" var=`echo $var | sed -e 's/DR-//g'` echo "$var" Expected Output: However, I get the below error: Can you please suggest. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace substring by longest string in common field (awk)

Hi, Let's say I have a pipe-separated input like so: name_10|A|BCCC|cat_1 name_11|B|DE|cat_2 name_10|A|BC|cat_3 name_11|B|DEEEEEE|cat_4 Using awk, for records with common field 2, I am trying to replace all the shortest substrings by the longest string in field 3. In order to get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
5 Replies
ttk_image(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						      ttk_image(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk_image - Define an element based on an image SYNOPSIS
ttk::style element create name image imageSpec ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The image element factory creates a new element in the current theme whose visual appearance is determined by Tk images. imageSpec is a list of one or more elements. The first element is the default image name. The rest of the list is a sequence of statespec / value pairs specifying other images to use when the element is in a particular state or combination of states. OPTIONS
Valid options are: -border padding padding is a list of up to four integers, specifying the left, top, right, and bottom borders, respectively. See IMAGE STRETCHING, below. -height height Specifies a minimum height for the element. If less than zero, the base image's height is used as a default. -padding padding Specifies the element's interior padding. Defaults to -border if not specified. -sticky spec Specifies how the image is placed within the final parcel. spec contains zero or more characters "n", "s", "w", or "e". -width width Specifies a minimum width for the element. If less than zero, the base image's width is used as a default. IMAGE STRETCHING
If the element's allocated parcel is larger than the image, the image will be placed in the parcel based on the -sticky option. If the image needs to stretch horizontally (i.e., -sticky ew) or vertically (-sticky ns), subregions of the image are replicated to fill the par- cel based on the -border option. The -border divides the image into 9 regions: four fixed corners, top and left edges (which may be tiled horizontally), left and right edges (which may be tiled vertically), and the central area (which may be tiled in both directions). EXAMPLE
set img1 [image create photo -file button.png] set img2 [image create photo -file button-pressed.png] set img3 [image create photo -file button-active.png] style element create Button.button image [list $img1 pressed $img2 active $img3] -border {2 4} -sticky we SEE ALSO
ttk::intro(n), ttk::style(n), ttk_vsapi(n), image(n), photo(n) KEYWORDS
style, theme, appearance, pixmap theme, image Tk 8.5 ttk_image(n)