Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Matching Pairs with AWK or Shell Post 302425614 by jim mcnamara on Friday 28th of May 2010 03:39:01 PM
Old 05-28-2010
Code:
awk '{tmp1=$1 $2;
         tmp2=$2 $1;
         if(tmp1 in arr || tmp2 in arr) {next}
         arr[$1 $2]=$0
       }
       END {for(i in arr) { print arr[i]}}'  inputfile

Start with this..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK matching problem

hi i have a list as follow: where "aba" can be zero or one. I want match all "aba" and count how many are set to one. I mean in the previous case i should get just "2": I tried as follow: awk '/^aba/ BEGIN{i=0}{if($2==1) i=i+1}END{print i}' file but i get some errors. If i do: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a delimited Key value pairs in shell script

Hello, I have property file with key value pairs separated by pipe , I am trying to write a script which reads the property file and search and print value of specific key. I tried with Sed, I am successfull. The file is as follows ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANK
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk code to process column pairs and find those with more than 1 set of possible values

Hi, I have a very wide dataset with pairs of columns starting from column 7 onwards (see example below). 0 123456 -1 0 0 -9 0 0 1 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 2 2... 0 123457 -1 0 0 -9 1 2 1 1 2 2 0 0 0 0 2 2... 0 123458 -1 0 0 -9 0 0 1 2 2 2 1 1 2 2 1 2... 0 123459 -1 0 0 -9 1 2 0 0 2 2 1 1 1 2 1 1...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasan0
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: matching and not matching

Hello all, simple matching and if not match problem that i can't figure out. file1 hostname: 30 10 * * * /home/toto/start PROD instance_name1 -p 00 9 * * * /home/toto/start PROD instance_name2 -p 15 8 * * * /home/toto/start PROD instance_name3 -p hostname2: 00 8 * * *... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern matching and shell issue.

Please help me in this issue. I am unable to get the job,seems the awk not browsing the files. Please find my tries below. I have attached two files : 1.tobesearched.txt - a glimpse of a huge log file. 2.searchstring.txt - searching keys. these are the two scripts i tried writing: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deboprio
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing line with name:value pairs in shell script

HI , I have the following type of lines in a file and need to create a csv file that can be bcp'ed into a db The problem that I have is the delimited of the <name :value> is a space but some of the values in the pairs have space . eg msg_src_time:03/05/13 10:40:17.919 Need sugesstions on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tasmac
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through pairs of files with awk

Hi all, please help me construct the command. i want to loop through all files named bam* and bed*. My awk works for a particular pair but there are too many pairs to do manually. I have generated multiple files in a folder in a given pattern. The files are named like bam_fixed1.bam... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting key/value pairs in awk

I am extracting a number of key/value pairs in awk using following: awk ' /xyz_session_id/ { n=index($0,"xyz_session_id"); id=substr($0,n+15,25); a=$4; } END{ for (ix in a) { print a } }' I don't like this Index + substr with manually calculated... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Big pattern file matching within another pattern file in awk or shell

Hi I need to do a patten match between files . I am new to shell scripting and have come up with this so far. It take 50 seconds to process files of 2mb size . I need to tune this code as file size will be around 50mb and need to save time. Main issue is that I need to search the pattern from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin_daharwal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine all matching dates and remove non-matching

Using the awk below I am able to combine all the matching dates in $1, but I can not seem to remove the non-matching from the file. Thank you :). file 20161109104500.0+0000,x,5631 20161109104500.0+0000,y,2 20161109104500.0+0000,z,2 20161109104500.0+0000,a,4117... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
COLLATOR_SORT(3)							 1							  COLLATOR_SORT(3)

Collator::sort - Sort array using specified collator

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public bool Collator::sort (array &$arr, [int $sort_flag]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool collator_sort (Collator $coll, array &$arr, [int $sort_flag]) This function sorts an array according to current locale rules. Equivalent to standard PHP sort(3) . PARAMETERS
o $coll -Collator object. o $arr - Array of strings to sort. o $sort_flag - Optional sorting type, one of the following: o Collator::SORT_REGULAR - compare items normally (don't change types) o Collator::SORT_NUMERIC - compare items numerically o Collator::SORT_STRING - compare items as strings Default sorting type is Collator::SORT_REGULAR. It is also used if an invalid $sort_flag value has been specified. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 collator_sort(3) example <?php $coll = collator_create( 'en_US' ); $arr = array( 'at', 'as', 'as' ); var_export( $arr ); collator_sort( $coll, $arr ); var_export( $arr ); ?> The above example will output: array ( 0 => 'at', 1 => 'as', 2 => 'as', )array ( 0 => 'as', 1 => 'as', 2 => 'at', ) SEE ALSO
Collator constants, collator_asort(3), collator_sort_with_sort_keys(3). PHP Documentation Group COLLATOR_SORT(3)