Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Simplified find command to find multiple file types Post 302425577 by Corona688 on Friday 28th of May 2010 01:28:03 PM
Old 05-28-2010
If you're using GNU find, you can use the -regex option:

Code:
find ./ -regextype posix-extended -regex ".*\.(pl|pm|sql|so|sh|java|class|jar|gz|Z)"

If you don't have GNU find, you can use egrep:

Code:
find ./ -type f | egrep "\.(pl|pm|sql|so|sh|java|class|jar|gz|Z)$"

Note the slight difference between the grep and find regexes. Find assumes the regex should match the entire line. For grep we only need to tell it to match the extension, and append $ to the end to tell it that must be at the end of the line to match.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find multiple file types and tar

There are these ksh files and config files that are written and updated on a daily basis. All I want to do is write a script that finds both these types of files and archive them on a daily basis, to help in restoring in times of system outages and so on. Particulary I'm interested in .ksh ,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manthasirisha
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a file named vijay in a directory using find command

I need to find whether there is a file named vijay is there or not in folder named "opt" .I tried "ls *|grep vijay" but it showed permission problem. so i need to use find command (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to find one command from multiple files and need to print that file which contains neede com

Hi all i need your help .. I am having a multiple file in directory and i have find out the Rcopy word from these files and need to print those files which contains the Rcopy word Thanks and regards Vijay sahu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijays3
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass multiple file types search pattern as argument to find?

How can I pass $var_find variable as argment to find command? test.sh var_find=' \( -name "*.xml" -o -name "*.jsp" \) ' echo "${var_find}" find . -type f ${var_find} -print # Below statement works fine.. I want to replace this with the above.. #find . \( -name "*.xml" -o -name... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use grep & find command to find references to a particular file

Hi all , I'm new to unix I have a checked project , there exists a file called xxx.config . now my task is to find all the files in the checked out project which references to this xxx.config file. how do i use grep or find command . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangam
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find multiple string in one file using find command

Hi, I want find multiple string in one file using find coomand. And keeping it in one variable.grep is not working. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek1489
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: find multiple types[solved]

Hi, I would like to use find to search for multiple types. For example search for symlink and regular file but not directories, sockets etc.... Something like: find . -type l,f -name "stuff" But of course it does not work. Is there any way to avoid an if statement and to do it faster? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a single "find" cmd to search for multiple file types and output individual files

Hi All, I am new here but I have a scripting question that I can't seem to figure out with the "find" cmd. What I am trying to do is to only have to run a single find cmd parsing the directories and output the different file types to induvidual files and I have been running into problems.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swaters
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script to find file types and info

I'm looking for a way to inventory files on a webserver into a CSV file, and am particularly interested in certain types of files, like .php, .cgi, .pl, .py, .sh, etc. but also want the ability to find all files, including those with no extension, or specified extensions, as above, including files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
1 Replies
jpackage-utils(7)						RPM Java packaging						 jpackage-utils(7)

NAME
jpackage-utils - Utilities, macros and other files for the JPackage Project <http://www.jpackage.org/>: SYNOPSIS
build-classpath build the Java classpath in a portable manner build-jar-repository build a jar repository in a portable manner rebuild-jar-repository rebuild a jar repository in a portable manner (after a jvm change...) build-classpath-directory build the Java classpath from a directory diff-jars show jar content differences jvmjar install jvm extensions create-jar-links create custom jar links clean-binary-files remove binary files from sources check-binary-files check for presence of unexpected binary files DESCRIPTION
The JPackage Project has two primary goals: - To provide a coherent set of Java software packages for Linux, satisfying all quality requirements of other applications. - To establish an efficient and robust policy for Java software packaging and installation. We focus on free and open source software whenever possible. For convenience, we also provide non-free packages without the restricted source code. Our RPMs are generic in that they should work on any RPM based Linux distribution (Mandriva, Red Hat, SuSE, others). Other packaging format suggestions are welcome too. FILES
/use/share/java-utils/java-functions shell script functions library for Java applications /etc/java/jpackage-release string identifying the currently installed JPackage release /etc/java/java.conf system-wide Java configuration file ~/.java/java.conf user's Java configuration /etc/rpm/macros.jpackage RPM macros for Java packagers and developers SEE ALSO
Regular Manual Pages build-classpath(1) build-classpath-directory(1) build-jar-repository(1) check-binary-files(1) clean-binary-files(1) create-jar-links(1) diff-jars(1) find-jar(1) jvmjar(1) rebuild-jar-repository(1) rebuild-security-providers(1) java.conf(5) Documentation Following files are located in your standard documentation directory HEADER.JPP A standard header with license for spec files of JPackage Project clean-binary-files.txt A further documentation for check-binary-files(1), clean-binary-files(1) and create-jar-links(1) commands httpd-javadoc.conf Example JPackage javadoc configuration snippet for Apache jpackage-1.5-policy.xhtml JPackage Java infrastructure design and packaging policy jpackage-utils-policy JPackage packaging (naming) policy AUTHOR
Written by the JPackage Project REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs using JPackage Bugzilla (http://www.jpackage.org/bugzilla/) jpackage-utils 1.7.5 February 2009 jpackage-utils(7)