Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Segment Violation
Top Forums Programming Segment Violation Post 302425561 by shamrock on Friday 28th of May 2010 12:29:39 PM
Old 05-28-2010
Code:
typedef struct node
{
    char caracter;
    struct node *nextNode;
} NodeTipe;

int main(int argc, char argv[])
{
     NodeTipe *pList;
     // you need code here to create the initial Node for the linked list and then start inserting to it
     insertAtEnd(pList);
}

also there's a big difference between NodeTipe and NodeType

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Segment Fault

When run it, segment fault. What is wrong? #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> const int max =20; //**************************************************** // Input Matrix //**************************************************** void inMatrixAA(int *AA, int row, int col)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract segment

Hey all, could someone please direct me on how to extract a segment from a file between two tags? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting segment of a string

Hi, I am using bash. My question concerns cutting out segments of a string. Given the following filename: S2002254132542.L1A_MLAC.x.hdf I have been able to successfully separate the string at the periods (.): $ L1A_FILE=S2002254132542.L1A_MLAC.x.hdf $ BASE=$(echo $L1A_FILE | awk -F.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

code segment

how do i close a do code segment? od? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trob
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a segment in a particular position

I need help in removing a leading zero in a particular position. For eg.: XYZ*04567472*0099*020091231*0123*0.12 In the above line, I want to replace "*0123" with "123" and "0.12" with ".12". I want to remove the leading zero only in position number 4 and 5 (the bolded segments) I was able... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthmm
10 Replies

6. Programming

How can I know where the segment of memory is all Zero?

I mean, I malloc a segment of memory, maybe 1k maybe 20bytes.. assume the pointer is pMem How can I know the content pMem refered is all Zero or \0 . I know memcmp but the second parameter should another memory address... thanx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: macroideal
4 Replies

7. Programming

Data segment or Text segment

Hi, Whether the following piece of code is placed in the read-only memory of code (text) segment or data segment? char *a = "Hello"; I am getting two different answers while searching in google :( that's why the confusion is (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

8. Programming

why segment fault,

I always get segment fault, why? can sb help me and modify it, I have spend on much time on #include <pthread.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/time.h> #include <string.h> #define MAX 10 pthread_t thread; void *thread1() { int *a; int i, n; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Trimming out segment

I have a file with a combination of binary characters and words, and need to trim out the segment i.e. SleeperThreadAborting {{username::RAB2002}} {{scriptname::scs_get_pending_by_loc}} and put the lists into a text file. Luckily, the segment I am looking for i.e. has readable words ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
8 Replies
RedBlack(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     RedBlack(3pm)

NAME
Tree::RedBlack - Perl implementation of Red/Black tree, a type of balanced tree. SYNOPSIS
use Tree::RedBlack; my $t = new Tree::RedBlack; $t->insert(3, 'cat'); $t->insert(4, 'dog'); my $v = $t->find(4); my $min = $t->min; my $max = $t->max; $t->delete(3); $t->print; DESCRIPTION
This is a perl implementation of the Red/Black tree algorithm found in the book "Algorithms", by Cormen, Leiserson & Rivest (more commonly known as "CLR" or "The White Book"). A Red/Black tree is a binary tree which remains "balanced"- that is, the longest length from root to a node is at most one more than the shortest such length. It is fairly efficient; no operation takes more than O(lg(n)) time. A Tree::RedBlack object supports the following methods: new () Creates a new RedBlack tree object. root () Returns the root node of the tree. Note that this will either be undef if no nodes have been added to the tree, or a Tree::RedBlack::Node object. See the Tree::RedBlack::Node manual page for details on the Node object. cmp (&) Use this method to set a comparator subroutine. The tree defaults to lexical comparisons. This subroutine should be just like a comparator subroutine to sort, except that it doesn't do the $a, $b trick; the two elements to compare will just be the first two items on the stack. insert ($;$) Adds a new node to the tree. The first argument is the key of the node, the second is its value. If a node with that key already exists, its value is replaced with the given value and the old value is returned. Otherwise, undef is returned. delete ($) The argument should be either a node object to delete or the key of a node object to delete. WARNING!!! THIS STILL HAS BUGS!!! find ($) Searches the tree to find the node with the given key. Returns the value of that node, or undef if a node with that key isn't found. Note, in particular, that you can't tell the difference between finding a node with value undef and not finding a node at all. If you want to determine if a node with a given key exists, use the node method, below. node ($) Searches the tree to find the node with the given key. Returns that node object if it is found, undef otherwise. The node object is a Tree::RedBlack::Node object. min () Returns the node with the minimal key. max () Returns the node with the maximal key. AUTHOR
Benjamin Holzman <bholzman@earthlink.net> SEE ALSO
Tree::RedBlack::Node perl v5.10.0 2008-07-31 RedBlack(3pm)