Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux ssmtp error : Cannot open <ip_address>:25 Post 302425427 by senrooy on Friday 28th of May 2010 12:46:44 AM
Old 05-28-2010
Corona688,

I have scheduled my service as the last service (Service start number 99) so I hope that all the service should have started by the time my service gets called.

Also, ssmtp works later, i.e. if I log into the system and manually run the script.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cannot open error

Hi, Iam facing following error.please see the below script and error.Iam unable to attach error message to mail and its not sending mail also. vi Expedites_test.ksh "Expedites_test.ksh" 49 lines, 2276 characters #!/bin/ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_cisco
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

getting error when open vi editor

helo I install my product for koren language I m uisng RHEL -4 operating system now problem is whenever I open any file vi filename I got following error on the screen E557: Cannot open termcap file 'vt100' not known. Available builtin terminals are: builtin_ansi ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Error: Can't open display: :0.0

Hi, I get errors while running xclock from a non root user: # xclock --- this works fine # su - girish $ DISPLAY=:0.0; export DISPLAY $ xclock Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: No protocol specified Error: Can't open display: :0.0 $ I basically want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish1428
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep can't open error

Hi, Thanks for all your help. This forum is excellent. I just learnt PERL over the last few weeks by coding and asking questions.... I have one more. When I run my script I get the following error msg. The grep statement I have is `grep "Number of jobs processed:" output | sort -u |... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurani
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configuring ssmtp

Hi, I have trouble in configuring ssmtp for sending mail to gmail. I have configured the following way, plz suggest/correct me if i have done something wrong root=nagiostool@gmail.com mailhub=smtp.gmail.com:587 #RewriteDomain= # The full hostname Hostname=nagiosxi # Set this to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagios
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

ssmtp

I installed sSMTP in ubuntu 12.04 This works goed but I have two problems and I don't find a answer with google. I don't find how to stop sSMTP so this server only works when I want. sudo etc//init.d/ssmtp stop doesn't work because ssmtp isn't in init.d When I start truecrypt than I always... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thailand
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Fixed Itself!] Sending mail form script using sSMTP does not work

I have installed sSMTP and set it up to use my gmail. Sending from cli does work fine: msg file:From: test@gmail.com To test2@gmail.com Subject: test post This is a test Executing from console:ssmtp -t < msg does work fine. But from script it does not work:#!/bin/sh ssmtp -t < msg... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Problem setting up SSMTP with Office 365

Hi guys! Im trying to setup my box so it can send its emails through Office 365 SMTP. I spent 8 hours yesterday trying to configure sendmail to do this, but I gave up. Now Im trying to do it with SSMTP and I followed this guide to configure it How to install and configure sSMTP on CentOS /... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: can't open error

Hi , In a directory i've the files in the following format pay:year:mon:11789604 pay:year:mon:17675644 --- and i need to get 4th part of the above file name so i used awk command in the below code #!/bin/ksh for test_data in pay* do txt_awk = awk -F':' '{print $4;}' $test_data ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
7 Replies
clusvcmgrd(8)                                                  Red Hat Cluster Suite                                                 clusvcmgrd(8)

NAME
rgmanager - Resource Group (Cluster Service) Manager Daemon DESCRIPTION
rgmanager handles management of user-defined cluster services (also known as resource groups). This includes handling of user requests including service start, service disable, service relocate, and service restart. The service manager daemon also handles restarting and relocating services in the event of failures. HOW IT WORKS
The service manager is spawned by an init script after the cluster infrastructure has been started and only functions when the cluster is quorate and locks are working. During initialization, the service manager runs scripts which ensure that all services are clear to be started. After that, it determines which services need to be started and starts them. When an event is received, members which are no longer online have their services taken away from them. The event should only occur in the case that the member has been fenced whenever fencing is available. When a cluster member determines that it is no longer in the cluster quorum, the service manager stops all services and waits for a new quorum to form. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
-f Run in the foreground (do not fork). -d Enable debug-level logging. -w Disable internal process monitoring (for debugging). -N Do not perform stop-before-start. Combined with the -Z flag to clusvcadm, this can be used to allow rgmanager to be upgraded with- out stopping a given user service or set of services. SEE ALSO
clusvcadm(8) Jan 2005 clusvcmgrd(8)