Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automating a Java program using KSH Post 302425392 by Corona688 on Thursday 27th of May 2010 06:46:36 PM
Old 05-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmaster
Please choose the operation you want to perform:

1. Install new instance
2. Repair existing instance
3. Option 3
4. Blah Blah

*** Screen 2 ***
By screen I assumed you meant GUI. Please correct or affirm this assumption.

If it's actually a console, the 'expect' language may be of use to you here. It can wait for prompts etc. before putting in input.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Communication between a java and c++ program

Hi, I have the following problem. I have 2 programs, a java program and a c++ program. These 2 programs have to communicate with each other in full duplex mode. I want to use pipes for this communication. So when the c++ program pust something on the stdout the java program must be able to read... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmnt22
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Invoke java program in different processc d

I have a simple script like this: for file in $dodfiles; do ./rundod $file done $dodfiles is an array of file names selected rundod is a script which invokes a java progrm which process a data file all the processing message logged into a log file in order to extract and analyze the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liux99
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i run java program from any where

Hello all sorry didnt know where to post it i compiled simple program that using "System.getProperty("user.dir");" now i compiled the program under directory foo and and its running great when i do "java myapp" i included this directory in the $PATH env variable so i could see it fro any where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in automating dates in ksh script

I need to run a command at the end of a backup job and this command will produce a report of what my backup jobs have collected in the previous day. The real problem is that this binary works with absolute dates only, so I should have to modify the script every single time I need it to work. It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: italia1971luca
1 Replies

5. Linux

running java program question

hi, i have just written a simple hello world java program in my linux server, installed jdk ... and tried to compile and run it and it gave me some errors. please details below: # cat HelloWorld.java import java.util.*; import java.io.*; public class HelloWorld { public static void... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: k2k
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a Java Program

I am entirely new to shell scripting and would like to create a script to execute a java program called Main. I've already compiled it and placed the .java and .class files at /root/javaTest. Next I made a shell script that simply contained: java /root/javaTest/Main . I made the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hypnotic_meat
2 Replies

7. Programming

need logic for java program

Hi All, I need to to wright a java programm for the following query. Qus: output need to genarate a number+ alphnumric sequence in java and get converted into ASCII code so that i can use mod logic on that. example Output: like 10 digit number 1AAAAAAAAA 1AAAAAAAAB 1AAAAAAAAC . .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Khandare
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating execution of commands inside a program

I have a program dnapars I execute the program from command line as following: ./dnapars The program then prompts me some message as a user menu from where I have to select a series of options in the order R U Y R. And then I copy the output file (outfile) in another result file. I wrote the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deeptisjains
3 Replies

9. Programming

Program java arguments

Hello, The arguments are strings. In my code I need them to be a different type, I do the cast but it is not feasible ... Have you any idea? Thank you (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
8 Replies
BlackPixelOfScreen(3)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS					     BlackPixelOfScreen(3)

NAME
BlackPixelOfScreen, WhitePixelOfScreen, CellsOfScreen, DefaultColormapOfScreen, DefaultDepthOfScreen, DefaultGCOfScreen, DefaultVisualOf- Screen, DoesBackingStore, DoesSaveUnders, DisplayOfScreen, XScreenNumberOfScreen, EventMaskOfScreen, HeightOfScreen, HeightMMOfScreen, Max- CmapsOfScreen, MinCmapsOfScreen, PlanesOfScreen, RootWindowOfScreen, WidthOfScreen, WidthMMOfScreen - screen information functions and macros SYNTAX
unsigned long BlackPixelOfScreen(Screen *screen); unsigned long WhitePixelOfScreen(Screen *screen); int CellsOfScreen(Screen *screen); Colormap DefaultColormapOfScreen(Screen *screen); int DefaultDepthOfScreen(Screen *screen); GC DefaultGCOfScreen(Screen *screen); Visual *DefaultVisualOfScreen(Screen *screen); int DoesBackingStore(Screen *screen); Bool DoesSaveUnders(Screen *screen); Display *DisplayOfScreen(Screen *screen); int XScreenNumberOfScreen(Screen *screen); long EventMaskOfScreen(Screen *screen); int HeightOfScreen(Screen *screen); int HeightMMOfScreen(Screen *screen); int MaxCmapsOfScreen(Screen *screen); int MinCmapsOfScreen(Screen *screen); int PlanesOfScreen(Screen *screen); Window RootWindowOfScreen(Screen *screen); int WidthOfScreen(Screen *screen); int WidthMMOfScreen(Screen *screen); ARGUMENTS
screen Specifies the appropriate Screen structure. DESCRIPTION
The BlackPixelOfScreen macro returns the black pixel value of the specified screen. The WhitePixelOfScreen macro returns the white pixel value of the specified screen. The CellsOfScreen macro returns the number of colormap cells in the default colormap of the specified screen. The DefaultColormapOfScreen macro returns the default colormap of the specified screen. The DefaultDepthOfScreen macro returns the default depth of the root window of the specified screen. The DefaultGCOfScreen macro returns the default GC of the specified screen, which has the same depth as the root window of the screen. The DefaultVisualOfScreen macro returns the default visual of the specified screen. The DoesBackingStore macro returns WhenMapped, NotUseful, or Always, which indicate whether the screen supports backing stores. The DoesSaveUnders macro returns a Boolean value indicating whether the screen supports save unders. The DisplayOfScreen macro returns the display of the specified screen. The XScreenNumberOfScreen function returns the screen index number of the specified screen. The EventMaskOfScreen macro returns the root event mask of the root window for the specified screen at connection setup. The HeightOfScreen macro returns the height of the specified screen. The HeightMMOfScreen macro returns the height of the specified screen in millimeters. The MaxCmapsOfScreen macro returns the maximum number of installed colormaps supported by the specified screen. The MinCmapsOfScreen macro returns the minimum number of installed colormaps supported by the specified screen. The PlanesOfScreen macro returns the number of planes in the root window of the specified screen. The RootWindowOfScreen macro returns the root window of the specified screen. The WidthOfScreen macro returns the width of the specified screen. The WidthMMOfScreen macro returns the width of the specified screen in millimeters. SEE ALSO
AllPlanes(3), ImageByteOrder(3), IsCursorKey(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 BlackPixelOfScreen(3)