Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail Software
Operating Systems SCO Mail Software Post 302425089 by Trig on Thursday 27th of May 2010 07:13:56 AM
Old 05-27-2010
Mail Software

Afternoon all.

We've got a SCO Openserver 5 box here that I want to configure a mail account on.
I've had a look in the MMDF config stuff but cant find anywhere I tell the machine what pop3/smtp server to use.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Is there a mail client/setup thats installed by deafult where I can get it to send/recieve via an account on our main mail server as it seems to want to handle the mail itself which is whats causing the problem I think as it'll send out internet addresses but not ones that are internal.

Really dont a clue what I'm doing and Google brought me here..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Mail Collaboration software compatibility questions

Hi, this is my first post :) I've actually gained alot of help from this forum without even needing to sign up so that's pretty cool :cool: Ok I have a complete dilema and no idea even where this post belongs but I'm guessing this is the right place! I am currently switching my user machines... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny SSH
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send mail using PHP mail function On apache server.?

Hello, I am using centos-6.2 I have apache server,php5 on my system and I want to send mail using sendmail on my system. when I try to send mail from shell that time mail is succesfully sent to respective address() but when I try to send it through webbrowser I am not able to send it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kiran ursal
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
Log::Dispatch::Email::MailSend(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Log::Dispatch::Email::MailSend(3pm)

NAME
Log::Dispatch::Email::MailSend - Subclass of Log::Dispatch::Email that uses the Mail::Send module VERSION
version 2.32 SYNOPSIS
use Log::Dispatch; my $log = Log::Dispatch->new( outputs => [ [ 'Email::MailSend', min_level => 'emerg', to => [qw( foo@example.com bar@example.org )], subject => 'Big error!' ] ], ); $log->emerg("Something bad is happening"); DESCRIPTION
This is a subclass of Log::Dispatch::Email that implements the send_email method using the Mail::Send module. CHANGING HOW MAIL IS SENT
Since Mail::Send is a subclass of Mail::Mailer, you can change how mail is sent from this module by simply "use"ing Mail::Mailer in your code before mail is sent. For example, to send mail via smtp, you could do: use Mail::Mailer 'smtp', Server => 'foo.example.com'; For more details, see the Mail::Mailer docs. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is Copyright (c) 2011 by Dave Rolsky. This is free software, licensed under: The Artistic License 2.0 (GPL Compatible) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 Log::Dispatch::Email::MailSend(3pm)