Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to echo Brackets from a file Post 302425015 by dazdseg on Thursday 27th of May 2010 03:25:56 AM
Old 05-27-2010
can you please tell us what ru trying to do. i mean in which way ur input data is and what desired output u want.

a small sample. ??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

PHP echo everything including brackets and quotes

How can I print exactly what I want in between my quotes? I have xml that I want to echo exactly and it is not printing out the brackets and gets hung up at the "<?" and all that. Is there a way I can just say echo exactly between these quotes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mainegate
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete text between square brackets and also delete those square brackets using sed or awk

Hi All, I have a text file which looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I want to get rid of these square brackets and also the text that is inside these brackets. So that my final text file looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I am using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check for the file existence, if file exists it should echo the no of modified days

Hi, I am looking for a shell script with the following. 1. It should check whether a particular file exists in a location #!/bin/sh if ; then echo "xxx.txt File Exists" else echo "File Not Found" fi 2. If file exists, it should check for the modified date and run a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeyan_mac
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pls help, file name with brackets

Hi all, I have a number files like these below R1_970804_125318 R1_970804_125404(2) R1_980322_219282 R1_980301_210651(2) R1_980301_210651(3)and I'm trying to put file names into a string in order to perform some processings. FILES=`cat namelist.txt` for F in $FILES do ... ...... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing characters and number from a big file with brackets

I have a big file with many brackets () in it from which I need to parse number characters and numbers. Below is an example of my file 14 (((A__0:0.02,B__1:0.3)0:0.04,C__0:0.025)2:0.01),(D__0:0.00978,E__2:0.01031)1:0.00362; 15... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read each line from input file, assign variables, and echo to output file?

I've got a file that looks like this (spaces before first entries intentional): 12345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 22345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 32345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN I want to read through the file line by line,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the value in between square brackets in file

I wanted to compare the value inside the Squre bracket after Colon ( : ) based on any value(seperated by or operator | ) inside the variable Thread and if match found then wnated to store in output file Input file : 20140320 00:08:43.918 INO 35] - Corporate hub is 20140320 00:08:43.918... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nes
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read specified value from file and echo to the same location to other file.

Hello. I want to to backup some "default:" values from a file do some other job and after restore that "default:" values back. The problem is that the source and destination file has a lot of default: strings in it but with different values... So.. Here is an example: A part of my source... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ausdim
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the text between all curly brackets from text file?

Hello experts, I have a text file with lot of curly brackets (both opening { & closing } ). I need to delete them alongwith the text between opening & closing brackets' pair. For ex: Input:- 59. Rh1 Qe4 {(Qf5-e4 Qd8-g8+ Kg6-f5 Qg8-h7+ Kf5-e5 Qh7-e7+ Ke5-f5 Qe7-d7+ Qe4-e6 Qd7-h7+ Qe6-g6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sort a text file based on names in square brackets

Hi all, I have a text file similar to this: Text More text Etc Stuff That Is Needed Etc Etc This contains over 70 entries and each entry has several lines of text below the name in square brackets. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scally
5 Replies
SRCONV(1)						  The Canonical Csound Reference						 SRCONV(1)

NAME
srconv - Converts the sample rate of an audio file. . DESCRIPTION
Converts the sample rate of an audio file at sample rate Rin to a sample rate of Rout. Optionally the ratio (Rin / Rout) may be linearly time-varying according to a set of (time, ratio) pairs in an auxiliary file. SYNTAX
srconv [flags] infile INITIALIZATION
Flags: o -P num = pitch transposition ratio (srate / r) [don't specify both P and r] o -P num = pitch transposition ratio (srate / r) [don't specify both P and r] o -Q num =quality factor (1, 2, 3, or 4: default = 2) o -i filnam = auxiliary breakpoints file (no breakpoint by default. i.e. No ratio change) o -r num = output sample rate (must be specified) o -o fnam = sound output filename o -A = create an AIFF format output soundfile o -J = create an IRCAM format output soundfile o -W = create a WAV format output soundfile o -h = no header on output soundfile o -c = 8-bit signed_char sound samples o -a = alaw sound samples o -8 = 8-bit unsigned_char sound samples o -u = ulaw sound samples o -s = short_int sound samples o -l = long_int sound samples o -f = float sound samples o -r N = orchestra srate override o -K = Do not generate PEAK chunks o -R = continually rewrite header while writing soundfile (WAV/AIFF) o -H# = print a heartbeat style 1, 2 or 3 at each soundfile write o -N = notify (ring the bell) when score or miditrack is done o -- fnam = log output to file This program performs arbitrary sample-rate conversion with high fidelity. The method is to step through the input at the desired sampling increment, and to compute the output points as appropriately weighted averages of the surrounding input points. There are two cases to consider: 1. sample rates are in a small-integer ratio - weights are obtained from table. 2. sample rates are in a large-integer ratio - weights are linearly interpolated from table. Calculate increment: if decimating, then window is impulse response of low-pass filter with cutoff frequency at half of output sample rate; if interpolating, then window is impulse response of lowpass filter with cutoff frequency at half of input sample rate. CREDITS
Author: Mark Dolson August 26, 1989 Author: John ffitch December 30, 2000 AUTHORS
Barry Vercoe MIT Media Lab Author. Dan Ellis MIT Media Lab, Cambridge Massachussetts Author. COPYRIGHT
5.07 06/23/2009 SRCONV(1)