Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Possible hostname issue?
Operating Systems SCO Possible hostname issue? Post 302424813 by bbxguy on Wednesday 26th of May 2010 10:42:37 AM
Old 05-26-2010
Code:
# ifconfig -a
net0: flags=4043<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet 199.199.199.1 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 199.199.199.255
        perf. params: recv size: 24576; send size: 24576; full-size frames: 1
        ether 00:60:67:77:ce:c7
lo0: flags=4049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 8232
        inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
        perf. params: recv size: 57344; send size: 57344; full-size frames: 1
atl0: flags=404a<BROADCAST,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 8232
        inet 0.0.0.0 netmask ff000000
        perf. params: recv size: 4096; send size: 8192; full-size frames: 1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hostname

Hello, I am installing redhat linux 6.2 on an intel based system. Whether i want to know any naming conventions should i follow. ie Any convention to follow to name a linux machine(To give hostname). Simillarly for domain name also. Please suggest in this regard (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

looking up hostname

Using Solaris 8 (or WINXP). I am trying to look up a specific DNS hostname, but I don't know which DNS server houses that entry. How can I find the hostname? nslookup gives me the following: C:\>nslookup hostname Server: dnsserver Address: x.x.x.x *** dnsserver can't find hostname:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - unknown hostname - how can I change hostname?

Hello, I am new to Solaris. I am using stand alone Solaris 10.0 for test/study purpose and connecting to internet via an ADSL modem which has DHCP server. My Solaris is working on VMWare within winXP. My WinXP and Solaris connects to internet by the same ADSL modem via its DHCP at the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XNOR
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hostname cannot execute

I'm receiving the following message when executing hostname: /usr/bin/hostname: /bin/uname: cannot execute This error is usuallly a permissions issue but both /usr/bin/hostname and /bin/uname are set with the correct permissions as shown: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 561 Jan 21 2005... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: t_coop
4 Replies

5. SuSE

HOSTNAME not being applied

I have set up my hostname in dhcp and my dns server, but I cannot get the client to pick up the hostname that is listed for the ip. IE. 10.32.23.4 hostname should be client4 Anyone know why? It was working before and just stopped working (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 3junior
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

HP UX - ILO Console hostname different than Machine Hostname...

Hi All, So we added a new HP-UX 11.31 machine. Copied OS via Ignite-UX (DVD)over from this machine called machine_a. It was supposed to be named machine_c. And it is when you log in...however when I'm in the ILO console before logging in, it says: It should say: What gives? And how do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Hostname command issue

Hi All, I am using redhat Linux 5.2.2 on vmware. I have created VM Machine using kickstart & rest 10 machines i created using vmware cloning. On the base machine which i installed from kickstart its showing FQDN using hostname --fqdn but cloned machines are showing hosts name i have chnaged... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
1 Replies

8. Solaris

[SOLVED] Issue with hostname command

Hi, i'm having issues with one of my db servers, each time i run the hostname command i get "-a" as result this is the only zone on this server where i have this issue. could any one help me with this issue (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EduardoDiaz
5 Replies

9. AIX

Hostname for each lpar

Hi Gurus, Can a AIX server with 4 LPARs, each having it's own hostname on the same physical host. Is this possible? Thanks, S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hostname -f hostname: Unknown host

deleted (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
0 Replies
serverping(6)							   Games Manual 						     serverping(6)

NAME
serverping - check the status of an XEvil server SYNOPSIS
serverping [-count num_tries] [-timeout timeout_ms] server_name[:port] DESCRIPTION
serverping is a simple utility to give you information on an XEvil server, such as the game style, who is playing, and how well they are doing. OPTIONS
-count num_tries specify the number of pings to send before giving up, default=3 -timeout timeout_ms specify the time in milliseconds to wait for a response before giving up, default=1000 server_name[:port] specify the server name or IP address, optionally with port, default port is 6066 EXAMPLES
serverping whitehouse.gov This will give you the game status of the XEvil game running on the server at whitehouse.gov, at default port 6066. It will try 3 times, and wait 1 sec per try. At the time of this writing, whitehouse.gov is not running an XEvil server. serverping -timeout 5000 292.43.199.64:9999 This will give you the game status of the XEvil game running on the server at 292.43.199.64, at port 9999. It will try 3 times, and wait 5 sec per try. 292.43.199.64 is not a valid IP address. GAME AUTHOR
Steve Hardt MAN PAGE AUTHOR
Brandon Barnes January 2, 2007 serverping(6)