Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to test my network connectivities Post 302424682 by jeeva7 on Wednesday 26th of May 2010 05:46:04 AM
Old 05-26-2010
If you need ping test you can get the ping test here http://www.whoisxy.com/ it provides domain,host information,ip address....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Shell Script & Blade Logic & Network Security

I am going to take up a position in Data & Network Security. I would need to write network shell scripts doing the following task: Going to around 2000 servers and findout which groups has access to each servers and which ids are there in each group that has access. I need to implement... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to test network connection - please help

I want to test if my host can connect to any of the following 10 hosts (192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.9) I didnt know which command i should use, so i chose ping. (i wonder if i should use tracepath or sth else) my code is the following: #!/bin/bash clear firstPart="192.168.1" maxNum="9" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadow_boi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

5. IP Networking

Test network routing algourithm

hi, I've wrote my own network routing algorithm in java, now i wanna test it and see if it works correctly, also i wanna test it's performance in comparison with other network routing algorithms like RIP. can anyone tell me how can i do this? is there any simulator or something for network routing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gongotar
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup script / Test if script is already running

Hello everyone, I have 2 questions : 1) I have a backup shell script, let's call it backup.sh, that is called every hour as a cron job. As a matter of fact a backup could last more than one hour. It mounts a NAS and then do some rsync on important directories, so really I don't want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Test Network Routing Issues (FREEBSD and RHEL)

Hello, I'm attempting to setup a test network with a client-server based architecture using a proprietary application. The client works by communicating with the server on separate links (typically cellular connections) and then initiates a tunnel over each active link. However, in place of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
0 Replies

8. Hardware

How to test the speed of your WIFI network?

Dear all, Would you know how to measure the max speed of a WIFI connection between a router and a laptop for instance? Many thanks for your help! Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Network stress test.

Hi there. First things first, this is nothing to do with the internet or ISP speed, I know what that is, I know what it's doing. I have a cluster of 128 single board computers running a branch of Debian. I want to run some kind of stress test to ensure they can transfer data (a) to each... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)