Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX P550 Unable to access Console Post 302424493 by rsw7724 on Tuesday 25th of May 2010 11:23:18 AM
Old 05-25-2010
I did manage to get the console to respond by hitting Ctrl Q.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Access with console.

hi, is it possible to have a console access on a HP UX system without Web Console ? If yes, how ??? Many thanks in advance. :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liliput
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Root account disabled and unable to access console

Hi, hope someone could help me here: Our root account was disabled on our production server this morning and usually we would login at the console to re-enable the account. However we are unable to get a login prompt at the console. The console displays the 8 options along the bottom and a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AaronC
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Unable to login at console and telnet

Hi friend, I'm facing a problem to access the console and telnet to the HP ux 11 server due to the system file is full. How to access this server via single mode and how to mount the folder / and folder /var? thanks. vestro (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vestro
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sunfire V100 console access

Hi guys, My current set up is I have a Laptop running redhat linux. This acts as an SSH server, and i use it to console into the LOM-A port on my Sunfire V100 using minicom. The idea is that I can remotely access and test things out. This works great, but I've just bought another V100 server... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
15 Replies

5. Solaris

sun 8 unable to communicate through console

Hi : I have a e450 sun server that I just started up and I connect my laptop to the serial connection using a null modem cable and it just does not connect. I use hyperterminal, I dont connect a keyboard to the sun machine? Any ideas? Thanks a lot Al (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanj4
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Fire V890 - Unable to access RSC or Serial console

Hello Folks, I am having trouble to login to rsc or serial console of V890. The rsc2.2.3 has been configured with required parameters, resetrs and even rebooted. When serial port is connected to laptop, The hyper terminal does not get the console or POSt messages when the server is rebooting... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: defflepord
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

8. Solaris

E25k domain server am unable to access console.

Hi Guys, I am working on the e25k server. There is 4 domain configured Once domain is down So I tried to access the console for the problem domain. using console -d B but its showing following error message. bash-2.05$ console -d B Domain administration permissions... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumsun
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to take console

When trying to connect to console, I am getting the below error. plathwsvcd: Another instance is running. plathwsvcd: Another instance is running. plathwsvcd: Another instance is running. plathwsvcd: Another instance is running. INIT: Id "plhw" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksijain
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to start webconsole:console

Here is issue... bash-3.00# svcs system/webconsole:console STATE STIME FMRI maintenance 1:15:54 svc:/system/webconsole:console bash-3.00# svcadm clear svc:/system/webconsole:console bash-3.00# svcs -a |grep /system/webconsole offline* 1:20:44... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lingeshwaran
0 Replies
sulogin(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       sulogin(1M)

NAME
sulogin - access single-user mode SYNOPSIS
sulogin DESCRIPTION
The sulogin utility is automatically invoked by init when the system is first started. It prompts the user to type a user name and password to enter system maintenance mode (single-user mode) or to type EOF (typically CTRL-D) for normal startup (multi-user mode). The user should never directly invoke sulogin. The user must have the solaris.system.maintenance authorization. The sulogin utility can prompt the user to enter the root password on a variable number of serial console devices, in addition to the tra- ditional console device. See consadm(1M) and msglog(7D) for a description of how to configure a serial device to display the single-user login prompt. FILES
/etc/default/sulogin Default value can be set for the following flag: PASSREQ Determines if login requires a password. Default is PASSREQ=YES. /etc/default/login Default value can be set for the following flag: SLEEPTIME If present, sets the number of seconds to wait before login failure is printed to the screen and another login attempt is allowed. Default is 4 seconds. Minimum is 0 seconds. Maximum is 5 seconds. Both su(1M) and login(1) are affected by the value of SLEEPTIME. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
auths(1), login(1), consadm(1M), init(1M), su(1M), attributes(5), msglog(7D) NOTES
By default, the root user has all authorizations. Granting the solaris.system.maintenance authorization to the Console User Rights Profile may have an undesirable side effect of granting the currently logged in user maintenance mode access. The solaris.system.maintenance authorization should be directly granted to appropri- ate users rather than through the Console User Rights Profile. SunOS 5.11 21 Aug 2008 sulogin(1M)