Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Activity Tracing - Using sendmail. Post 302424462 by iamnew2solaris on Tuesday 25th of May 2010 10:01:04 AM
Old 05-25-2010
You can ignore the second part of my question. It does not relate. It was a separate
question. I am new to this forum and was not sure how to post a new question.

---------- Post updated at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:38 AM ----------

Here is the output from date and

# date
Tue May 25 09:56:48 EDT 2010

# ls -lad /var/adm/* | grep tmp
-rw-r--r-- 1 root bin 2976 May 24 10:25 /var/adm/utmpx
-rw-r--r-- 1 adm adm 153264 May 24 10:25 /var/adm/wtmpx

---------- Post updated at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by methyl
fwtmp reads from STDIN.

Code:
cat /var/adm/wtmpx | /usr/lib/acct/fwtmp

If your input file is very large, the output will be even larger!

I ran the command about "/var/adm/wtmpx | /usr/lib/acct/fwtmp" and it spit out a lot of information. Here is a piece of the output: run-level 3 Wed May 12 12:01:06 2010
LOGIN dt console 360 6 0000 0000 1273680066 0 0 3 :0 Wed May 12 12:01:06 2010
LOGIN dt console 360 8 0017 0000 1273680066 0 0 3 :0 Wed May 12 12:01:06 2010
LOGIN dt console 362 6 0000 0000 1273680066 0 0 3 :0 Wed May 12 12:01:06 2010
LOGIN dt console 362 8 0017 0000 1273680066 0 0 3 :0 Wed May 12 12:01:06 2010
root co console 349 7 0000 0000 1273680076 0 0 0 Wed May 12 12:01:16 2010

What do the colums mean?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tracing a terminal

Hi you all, any of you know how to monitor what is going on in another terminal? I mean if somebody will install an application on my server remotely and I want to "watch" what he is doing. I remember that some one use the "audit" command but now I just can't remember. thanx.:mad: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex blanco
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

tracing a user's session

hi, does anyone knows how to trace a user session on a unix system: i want to log these things 1- login 2- date of starting session 3- date of closing session i've tryed who and last but they don't give closing time of session regards hmaiida (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tracing ethereal traces

Hi All........ i need a perl script that can trace the traces of the ethereal tool. PLZ help me out...............!!!!!!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trupti_rinku
1 Replies

4. Linux

tracing

hello every one can any one help me out i just want to trace what ever i am doing in linux 8.0 in the text mode to be saved in a text file so that at the end i can see my work what i have do. its just like oracle spool so you can see your work at the end . for example what ever command u gave... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shary
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tracing in linux

hello every one can any one help me out i just want to trace what ever i am doing in linux 8.0 in the text mode to be saved in a text file so that at the end i can see my work what i have do. its just like oracle spool so you can see your work at the end . for example what ever command u gave... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
2 Replies

6. Programming

Tracing self process using ptrace()

Kindly correct me if any of the foll is wrong: I want to trace the current process from the C program itself which I think can be done using ptrace(PTRACE_ATTACH,getpid(),0,0); I would like to get control back after a segmentation fault, or arithmetric exception (i.e. all signals that end... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tracing a user input

Hi, i need to get a log of all the commands typed and output of those commands fired by a specific user on my sun machine. Also i need to trace all commands and inputs given from a specific IP on my machine. Regards Rochit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

tracing processes in shell

Is there a way to have the output from: strace -p 10101 placed in a text file so we can download it and look it over? Thanks Richard (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ukndoit
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tracing file installation

Hello, my first post here. I have a script to install a program which runs the user through installation interface offering several options. What I want to do is to trace the possible mistakes during the installation and send them to a logfile. I.e if a user interrupts the installation, I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tetreb
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)