Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execution problems with comm command Post 302424076 by dazdseg on Monday 24th of May 2010 06:33:02 AM
Old 05-24-2010
as per my knowledge there is no command tht might help you with what you are trying to do. (9.8 and 9.80) will be treated differently by unix.

bt if you are comparing two set of datas or two files. then you can write a customized script for yourself.
thats the only way i am able to think off.
but writting a script you gotta take care of all the occurances where decimal comes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comm, command help

See my other post on sdiff .... I don't think sdiff is able to do what I want. The 'comm' command does what I need and works fine as far as the logic and results. The problem I'm having is with the output format, it outputs 3 columns of data, but because of the way it starts each line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowpoke
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comm command

Hi I have issue with "comm " command file-1 ---- l65059 l65407 l68607 l68810 l69143 l71310 l72918 l73146 l73273 l76411 file-2 ----- (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in comm command

Hi all, I need help in comm command , I am having 2 files . I have to display the common line in the two file only onnce and i have to also display the non common line as well. tmpcut1 -- First file cat tmpcut1 smstr_303000_O_432830_... f_c2_queue_sys30.sys30 RUNNING 10 1000... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems using awk command.

Hi All, I have the following requirement. In a directory i get files from external source. I at regular intervals check that directory for any incoming files. The file name is underscore delimited. Such as: aaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_eee_fff.dat I am using awk and and splitting the file name. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishpv_2002
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help on COMM command please

could some one please explain with examples how comm -12 & comm -3 works. I am confused with manual page, Thankyou. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems with the jar -tvf command and "if" logic

Hi, I am reading a directory that has a list of jar files. I am searching these files for specific keywords. What i would like to do is write the address of the jar file to a new file if the search result is returned as false. For example; /home/user/JarDirectory/Examplefile.jar ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchie
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems with grep command in scripting

Hi All, I was looking for grep command option which can exactly matches the word in a file, for examples you may be seeing one word that is also in another word, there might be lkk0lv23 and a lkk0lv234 in which case lkk0lv23 will put BOTH hosts from the grep in. I was using this in a bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dsh command : Execution Problems with Cron

Hi, On linux cluster, i created a script to delete all temp files older than 5 days. i am able to execute the script "dsh -ea script.ksh" in management node directly But when i schedule "dsh -ea script.ksh" in crontab in management node it tells dsh command not found. How to solve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartrajusid
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with comm command

Hello , I am trying to get contents which are only present in a.csv ,so using comm -23 cat a.csv | sort > a.csv cat b.csv | sort > b.csv comm -23 a.csv b.csv > c.csv. a.csv SKU COUNTRY CURRENCY PRICE_LIST_TYPE LIST_PRICE_EFFECTIVE_DATE TG430ZA ZA USD DF ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RaviTej
4 Replies

10. Linux

comm command help

The manual does not cover this very well. What do the following compares will do ? 1) comm -13 file1 file2: will it display what is in file2 not in file1? 2) comm -23 file1 file2: will it display what in 1 but not in 2 ? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
5 Replies
Test::Script::Run(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Test::Script::Run(3pm)

NAME
Test::Script::Run - test the script with run SYNOPSIS
use Test::Script::Run; # customized names of bin dirs, default is qw/bin sbin script ./; @Test::Script::Run::BIN_DIRS = qw/bin/; run_ok( 'app_name', [ app's args ], 'you_app runs ok' ); my ( $return, $stdout, $stderr ) = run_script( 'app_name', [ app's args ] ); run_output_matches( 'app_name', [app's args], [ 'out line 1', 'out line 2' ], [ 'err line 1', 'err line 2' ], 'run_output_matches' ); run_output_matches_unordered( 'app_name', [ app's args ], [ 'out line 2', 'out line 1' ], [ 'err line 2', 'err line 1' ], 'run_output_matches_unordered' ); DESCRIPTION
This module exports some subs to help test and run scripts in your dist's bin/ directory, if the script path is not absolute. Nearly all the essential code is stolen from Prophet::Test, we think subs like those should live below "Test::" namespace, that's why we packed them and created this module. FUNCTIONS
run_script($script, $args, $stdout, $stderr) Runs the script $script as a perl script, setting the @INC to the same as our caller. $script is the name of the script to be run (such as 'prophet'). $args is a reference to an array of arguments to pass to the script. $stdout and $stderr are both optional; if passed in, they will be passed to IPC::Run3's run3 subroutineA as its $stdout and $stderr args. Otherwise, this subroutine will create scalar references to pass to run3 instead (which are treated as strings for STDOUT/STDERR to be written to). Returns run3's return value and, if no $stdout and $stderr were passed in, the STDOUT and STDERR of the script that was run. run_ok($script, $args, $msg) Runs the script, checking that it didn't error out. $script is the name of the script to be run (e.g. 'prophet'). $args is an optional reference to an array of arguments to pass to the script when it is run. $msg is an optional message to print with the test. If $args is not specified, you can still pass in a $msg. Returns nothing of interest. run_not_ok($script, $args, $msg) opposite of run_ok get_perl_cmd($script, @ARGS) Returns a list suitable for passing to "system", "exec", etc. If you pass $script then we will search upwards for it in @BIN_DIRS is_script_output($scriptname @args, @stdout_match, @stderr_match, $msg) Runs $scriptname, checking to see that its output matches. $args is an array reference of args to pass to the script. $stdout_match and $stderr_match are references to arrays of expected lines. $msg is a string message to display with the test. $stderr_match and $msg are optional. (As is $stdout_match if for some reason you expect your script to have no output at all. But that would be silly, wouldn't it?) Allows regex matches as well as string equality (lines in $stdout_match and $stderr_match may be Regexp objects). run_output_matches($script, $args, $exp_stdout, $exp_stderr, $msg) A wrapper around is_script_output that also checks to make sure the test runs without throwing an exception. run_output_matches_unordered($script, $args, $exp_stdout, $exp_stderr, $msg) This subroutine has exactly the same functionality as run_output_matches, but doesn't impose a line ordering when comparing the expected and received outputs. last_script_stdout return last script's stdout last_script_stderr return last script's stderr last_script_exit_code return last script's exit code DEPENDENCIES
Test::More, Test::Exception, IPC::Run3, File::Basename, File::Spec BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No bugs have been reported. AUTHOR
sunnavy "<sunnavy@bestpractical.com>" LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2009 Best Practical Solutions. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-01-07 Test::Script::Run(3pm)