Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting create dir in main &subdirs,perform action Post 302423948 by alister on Sunday 23rd of May 2010 07:07:49 PM
Old 05-23-2010
I believe .svn are hidden directories used by subversion, not files. If so, rm without -rf won't remove them. Also, if they are directories, since they're going to be nuked, it's best to exclude them from the find traversal to avoid noisy error messages and/or pointless mkdir operations.

Perhaps this will do:
Code:
find /home/user/Project_Src -type d ! \( -name .svn -o -name NEW \) -exec sh -c '
    for d; do
        echo "$d"
        mkdir "$d"/NEW
        rm -fr "$d"/.svn
    done' sh {} +

Regards,
Alister

Last edited by alister; 05-23-2010 at 08:28 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perform action file name written to the pipe

Hello, I have a script that monitors files uploaded via ftp. After a successful upload, the file name is written to the pipe. There is another program that reads this pipe and allows automatically run any program or script ( say test.sh ) to process the newly uploaded file. cat test.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

substrings from all files incl subdirs into csv with dir names

Greetings! I have multiple files, one per subdirectory, all with the same file name. All subdirectories are one level deep from the main directory. The data in the files is tab delimited between fields and record delimited with a newline. The subdirectory names have the date in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vtischuk@yahoo.
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in searching 2 files for strings then perform an action

I have 2 files. I basically want to search both of them to see if the 1st column ($1) matches and if it matches then check to see if the 2nd column ($2) matches, then execute some code showing the results of the matches. File 1: AAA 123 misc blah BBB 456 CCC 789 File 2: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to perform action on newest line in log using tail?

I don't quite know what I'm doing, so this simple script is proving a challenge. Here is some pseudo code that doesn't work yet: if tail -1 "WORKING.txt" >/dev/null | egrep "^NMBR=*" > /dev/null then curl -k 'http://www.myserver.com/log.cgi?input=$?' echo "hi there" fi Purpose:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dihewidd
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perform action in dir if dir has .git subdir

Hi, I want to run git status for the dir which has subdir ".git" in it with dir path mentioned in output log? If a dir does not have .git subdir then skip that dir. Dir will have 100 main dirs & 500 + subdirs and so on. I appreciate all your help :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script - search a file and perform some action

hi, i have a service on unix platform, it will generate traces in a particular folder i want to check using shell script if traces exist, then perform some action else continue to be in loop. filename is service.tra can you please help? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravah
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files and subdirs from dir to a new dir

Hello Comunity I am trying to make a bash shell script that it copies files and subdirs(with files) to a new dir. I would like the dest_dir to contain only subdirectories with files not other subdirs inside. it called : cpflatdir src_dir dest_dir Pleaze help me! Thank you in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BTKBaaMMM
2 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Command to calculate space for all subdirs under a dir

du -hs command calculates the space for all the subdirs under a dir ...but it is very slow if the dir is huge....is there any quick way ...I am using Sun OS. Thanks, Ajay (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
19 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List files older that 7 days in a dir, excluding all subdirs

Hi, I would like to list all files, older than 7 days, in a directory, but exclude all subdirectories in the find command. If I use find . -type f -mtime +7 all files in the subdirs are also included. How can I exclude them? Regards, JW (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwbijl
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perform an action if certain text exist in output (PERL)

Hello, I'm attempting to write a tool that checks an IP address for existing PTR records then if there are no PTR records does a ping to see if it response. Then if there is no response, it should print a message saying This is what I have so far. #!/usr/bin/perl $nxdomain =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spartan22
4 Replies
FTPWATCH(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       FTPWATCH(8)

NAME
ftpwatch - Notifies you of changes on remote ftp servers SYNOPSIS
ftpwatch DESCRIPTION
ftpwatch is a program intended to be run as a cron job. Every user who wants to use it should install it into his crontab file. That is add something like: 47 5 * * 7 /usr/bin/ftpwatch The user should then create a .ftpwatchrc file. If one is found the specifed files and directories in that file will be dired, and the result is stored as separate files in a .ftpwatch directory i the home directory. diff(1) is invoked to find any changes since last run. If any are found, the output of diff is mailed to the user. OPTIONS
-d<opt> passes the options in <opt> to diff when invoked to generate the change-repport sent to the user. -p run ftp in passive mode CONFIGURATION FILES
Each user can place a .ftpwatchrc file in there home directories, listing the files or directories they are intrested in. The format is simpel. Each line of the file is of the following type: <Host>:<File> Where <Host> is the hostname of the ftp server and <File> is the file or directory to watch. If you instead want to watch an entire direc- tory structure recoursly you can add an R to the config line of the dir whoes subdirs you are intresed in, like this: <Host>:R:<File> AUTHOR
Hakan Ardo <hakan@debian.org> 7 Januari 1997 FTPWATCH(8)