Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem iterating in while loop Post 302423448 by av_vinay on Friday 21st of May 2010 05:01:40 AM
Old 05-21-2010
Here is the revised code, formatted:

Code:

#!/bin/bash

#TFILE="/tmp/vinay/testb_1.txt"

while read line
do
  aline="$line"
  echo $aline
   code=`echo $aline|cut -d ',' -f1`
   country=`echo $aline|cut -d ',' -f 2`

sed "s/$code/$country/g" testb_1.txt > "output1.txt"
#sed 's/$/| testb_1.txt/g' "$TFILE" > "output1.txt"
echo $code
echo $country
done<country_code.txt

And my country code file looks like:

001,ABC
002,PQR
003,XYZ

and so on.

ANd my i/p file is of the formatSmilieeg) [file name: testb_1.txt]

Code:

REX|12/01/2010|2. Desc|Author
A|1A|ID|001|Sachin|Tendulkar|||||||Y
A|2B|ID|003|Rahul|Dravid|||||||Y
A|3C|ID|001|Suresh|Raina|||||||Y
3 Records

And my desired o/p is of the format:

Code:

REX|12/01/2010|2. Desc|Author
A|1A|ID|ABC|Sachin|Tendulkar|||||||Y|testb_1.txt
A|2B|ID|XYZ|Rahul|Dravid|||||||Y|testb_1.txt
A|3C|ID|ABC|Suresh|Raina|||||||Y|testb_1.txt
3 Records

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Iterating a hash through a foreach loop - unexpected results

i've reworked some code from an earlier post, and it isn't working as expected i've simplified it to try and find the problem. i spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong, eventually thinking there was a bug in perl or a problem with my computer. but, i've tried it on 3 machines with the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quantumechanix
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem iterating through PATH entries with spaces

I have a Bash script on Cygwin that tries to iterate through the directory entries in PATH. I need to convert the PATH value to a form that I can iterate through with "for var in $list; do". For instance, an excerpt from my PATH value is this: :/c/Program Files/Windows Imaging/:/c/Program... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

iterating over results from sqlplus

hi all, i am writing a ksh script, i am logging into an oracle db via sqlplus and running a select statement but i dont know how i can store the results from the sql so i can iterate over it and do more operations over it. I dont want to write a stored procedure with a cursor since i need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterating through two arrays in a single loop

Hey everyone. Is it possible to use two arrays in a loop? Basically what I am trying to do is iterate through the elements in an array, and, based on a condition, use the current position in the array to point to that index in the array. Here's the loop structure I'm looking for: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msarro
1 Replies

5. Programming

Iterating and calloc questions.

Whilst creating the function readjust_descr I have stumble across what may be a problem or something that might just work. I was hoping someone could look at the code below and tell me if readjust_descr will clear all null pointers from the structure descr_list. struct descr descr_list =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterating over subdirectories and dealing with files within them

Hello, I am working on a coding project for a class and to test the program I have created, I have come up with 100 different test cases. The program takes four text files as input, so each of the test cases is contained in a folder with four files. I have a folder called 'tests', within which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dpryor
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterating over a list using awk, when variable

Hi, I've recently started using Awk commands as i need it to pull information out of a file and give me the mean value of a series of numbers. Here is the code i run on my Infile and it works just fine. awk '{if ($1 == "Mam189") print $0}' Infile | awk '{if ($1 != $2) print $0}' | awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cavanac2
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script Iterating Question

I am trying to look through one of my directories to remove certain files. I am pretty new to Unix and bash so I just need a little help in starting this. I know I would have to write two loops one to iterate the directories and one to iterate the files. How would I write the loops? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: totoro125
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Iterating awk over a directory of files?

I need to run the same awk function over an entire directly of files. This is the awk: awk '{$(NF+1)=1}1' Is there a way that I can run this command once over all of the files, along the lines of: awk '{$(NF+1)=1}1' * so that I do not have to run this several times? My main concern is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on iterating array elements

Hi, I am trying to do something similar to the for loop example from KSH For Loop Array: Iterate Through Array Values $: cat y.ksh #!/bin/ksh # set array called nameservers set -A nameservers 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.5 202.54.1.5 # print all name servers for i in ${nameservers} do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
ZIPARCHIVE.OPEN(3)							 1							ZIPARCHIVE.OPEN(3)

ZipArchive::open - Open a ZIP file archive

SYNOPSIS
mixed ZipArchive::open (string $filename, [int $flags]) DESCRIPTION
Opens a new zip archive for reading, writing or modifying. PARAMETERS
o $filename - The file name of the ZIP archive to open. o $flags - The mode to use to open the archive. o ZipArchive::OVERWRITE o ZipArchive::CREATE o ZipArchive::EXCL o ZipArchive::CHECKCONS RETURN VALUES
o $Error codes - Returns TRUE on success or the error code. o ZipArchive::ER_EXISTS File already exists. o ZipArchive::ER_INCONS Zip archive inconsistent. o ZipArchive::ER_INVAL Invalid argument. o ZipArchive::ER_MEMORY Malloc failure. o ZipArchive::ER_NOENT No such file. o ZipArchive::ER_NOZIP Not a zip archive. o ZipArchive::ER_OPEN Can't open file. o ZipArchive::ER_READ Read error. o ZipArchive::ER_SEEK Seek error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Open and extract <?php $zip = new ZipArchive; $res = $zip->open('test.zip'); if ($res === TRUE) { echo 'ok'; $zip->extractTo('test'); $zip->close(); } else { echo 'failed, code:' . $res; } ?> Example #2 Create an archive <?php $zip = new ZipArchive; $res = $zip->open('test.zip', ZipArchive::CREATE); if ($res === TRUE) { $zip->addFromString('test.txt', 'file content goes here'); $zip->addFile('data.txt', 'entryname.txt'); $zip->close(); echo 'ok'; } else { echo 'failed'; } ?> PHP Documentation Group ZIPARCHIVE.OPEN(3)