Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL: an OR inside an IF .. im stuck Post 302423435 by matrixmadhan on Friday 21st of May 2010 04:35:27 AM
Old 05-21-2010
Code:
( $force == 1 || $force == 2 )

something like this, am not sure ? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

stuck in perl cgi to upload a file to server

hi, i m working on a perl cgi script which uploads a file to the server. i m stuck. i hav written the errors. plz help. Sachin Kaw ______________________________________________________________________ #!/usr/bin/perl -w use CGI; use CGI qw(:standard); use strict; use POSIX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin_kaw
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a C executable from inside a Perl script

here's the Perl code snippet... how can i call my C executable 'porter-stemmer' and pass it $1 as an argument? Thanks for the help! # Read through the original topic set, and modify based on the current # pre-processing options while (<TOPIC_ORIG>) { # Run pre-processing over only the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark_nsx
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the command inside perl script

I have a command which will run fine in a unix command prompt. Can you tell how to interprete this command inside perl script...... The command is : perl -pe 's/(\|333\}.*)\}$/$1|1.6}/' FIA.txt This will search for the number 333 and appends 1.6 at the end of that line....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinay123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

doing grep inside perl file

Hi have one Perl file inside that i am defining at an array file. @temp_vmdk_files = `grep vmdk '$guest_vmx'` where my $guest_vmx=/vmfs/volumes/47e40fec-9c8bb7f7-d076-001422159f8a/BES Exchange/BES-Exchange.vmx and i am just want to do grep of "vmdk" files from the above path but when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bp_vardhaman
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Perl Inside KSH

Hi there, I am new to Perl and KSH. The system I am using picks up the KSH scripts and uses them in a batch job control system. I am trying to set a variable from a perl command #!/bin/ksh -eaxp #******************************************************************************* # Testing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaadLive
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl loop keeps getting stuck

I am using a Perl script to open a series of files in a loop, separate the paragraph into lines, and output the lines into a new file. The code works perfectly fine, except when the source file is over a certain size the loop gets stuck and won’t move on to the next file. It still does what it is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: renthead720
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl inside shell script?

Hi UNIX Pros! Newbie here, I would like to ask if it is possible to use perl commands inside a shell script? i created a simple script which connects to oracle and run queries which the script saves to a separate .txt file for each query issued. What i want to do is to create a presentable and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search inside a file, PERL

HEllo!! I need a script in perl that see inside a file(file.txt) that has only one row. The row contains only this text: logs_yearly = 20120628113345 I want that the script does this: "Search in the file, if the date 20120628 is actual date" Thank you!! ---------- Post... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: super_sun
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl inside shell

I am trying to find out the difference between two dates, for which I am using perl inside SHELL. Below are my codes. perl -MDate -e 'Date::Calc qw(Delta_DHMS);' perl -e '($Dd,$Dh,$Dm,$Ds) = Delta_DHMS($year1,$month1,$day1, $hour1,$min1,$sec1, $year2,$month2,$day2, $hour2,$min2,$sec2)' But... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sauravrout
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of sed inside perl

$string="test.binary.value"; $toggle="test.binary.value=true"; host=test.server.com my $returnCode = system ( "ssh $host 'cp -p /tmp/testfile /tmp/testfile.bkup; sed -i 's/\$string.*/\$toggle/g' /tmp/testfile'" ); cat testfile test.binary.value=false Scenario: I am trying to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)