Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Function control value in file Post 302423111 by Aswex on Thursday 20th of May 2010 07:42:33 AM
Old 05-20-2010
Hello thanks for your quick reply

On first parameter looks like this :

Code:
liste_release[1]="1"
liste_release[2]="2"
liste_release[3]="3"
liste_release[4]="4"

the function that control the value enter looks like this :
Code:
fct_verif_rel ()
{
#
#
i=1
while [ $i -lt 5 ]
do
  if [ $id_release = ${liste_release[$i]} ]
  then
    break
  else
    let i=$i+1
  fi
done
if [ $i -eq 5 ]
  then
  echo "   message \""$id_release"\" not valid"
  echo " "
  fct_usage
fi
}

but I don't know how and where I should enter a control that should read a file and check if the value enter exist and then continue or warning if the numeric value does not exist..

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Disabling interrupt function of Control-C key combination

I am using informix RDBMS over SUSE LINUX. In linux if you press control-c it acts as an interrupt key. In my program I have used control-c to perform certain functions but it is being overriden by interrupt function of control-c key combination of SUSE LINUX. Kindly suggest me a solution by which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: V.V.KUMAR
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for a control file before processing a data file

Hi All, I am very new to Shell scripting... I got a requirement. I will have few text files(data files) in a particular directory. they will be with .txt extension. With same name, but with a different extension control files also will be there. For example, Sample_20081001.txt is the data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: purna.cherukuri
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control file

if TERM has the value vt220, where will you expect to find its control file (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control content of file

I want to control content of my mounted flash card which have string like "kernel32.dll". I explore some virus files have content of "kernel32". I find those files and rename this files.By shell programming. Not files name kernel32.dll. File include string like "kernel32.dll". Help me please (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cashua66
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control and monitoring file

Hi guys today i have new situation to resolve. I need to create a script that the first part it's already done but the problem appear when i run other sart_script inside of it. i need to check a log file until it stop after run the star script when the log file stop write, then make a copy file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Newer
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Control and monitoring file

Hi guys today i have new situation to resolve. I need to create a script that the first part it's already done but the problem appear when i run other sart_script inside of it. i need to check a log file until it stop after run the star script when the log file stop write, then make a copy file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newer
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting file data to another file (control character related)

I have to write a program to read data from files and then format into another file. However, I face a strange problem related to control character that I can't understand and solve. The source file is compose of many lines with such format: T_NAME|P_NAME|P_CODE|DOCUMENT_PATH|REG_DATE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk6279
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check whether file is processed in a control file list

I've a list of files which got processed in Target table A and stored in a control file(list of control files). I've want to trigger another process (later) based on this list of files and load into Target table B and continue running this process until this file list is exhuasted. How do I come... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manojg9
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to Modify File Name in each function before calling another function.

I have a script which does gunzip, zip and untar. Input to the script is file name and file directory (where file is located) I am reading the input parameters as follows: FILENAME=$1 FILEDIR=$2 I have created 3 functions that are as follows: 1) gunzip file 2) unzip file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a control file

Hi I have the below .sh script which receives a argument ftpClient=$1 . This argument i am trying to read from a control file called ftpProperties.control. Based on the argument input(client_ftx OR client_ptm),the script shall read the particular entries from the control file like ftp... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
7 Replies
SCRIPT(1)                                                          User Commands                                                         SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script - make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [options] [file] DESCRIPTION
script makes a typescript of everything displayed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves the dialogue in this file. If no filename is given, the dialogue is saved in the file type- script. OPTIONS
-a, --append Append the output to file or to typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c, --command command Run the command rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -e, --return Return the exit code of the child process. Uses the same format as bash termination on signal termination exit code is 128+n. -f, --flush Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: one person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo', and another can supervise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. --force Allow the default output destination, i.e. the typescript file, to be a hard or symbolic link. The command will follow a symbolic link. -q, --quiet Be quiet (do not write start and done messages to standard output). -t[file], --timing[=file] Output timing data to standard error, or to file when given. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. NOTES
The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D for the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. It is not recommended to run script in non-interactive shells. The inner shell of script is always interactive, and this could lead to unexpected results. If you use script in the shell initialization file, you have to avoid entering an infinite loop. You can use for example the .profile file, which is read by login shells only: if test -t 0 ; then script exit fi You should also avoid use of script in command pipes, as script can read more input than you would expect. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1) HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. script is primarily designed for interactive terminal sessions. When stdin is not a terminal (for example: echo foo | script), then the session can hang, because the interactive shell within the script session misses EOF and script has no clue when to close the session. See the NOTES section for more information. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux June 2014 SCRIPT(1)