Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Comparison of two files (sh)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparison of two files (sh) Post 302422762 by shizik on Wednesday 19th of May 2010 10:20:50 AM
Old 05-19-2010
thank for your help guys
and a especially to vgersh99
you the best

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of two files in awk

Hi, I have two files file1 and file2 delimited by semicolon, And I want to compare column 2 and column3 of file1 to column3 and column 4 in file2. file1 -------- abc;cef;155.67;143_34; def;fgh;146.55;123.3; frg;hff;134.67;; yyy;fgh;134.78;35_45; file 2 --------- abc;cef;155.09;;... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparison of 2 files in UNIX

Hi, There are two files in UNIX system with some lines are exactly the same, some lines are not. I want to compare these two files.The 2 files (both the files have data in Column format )should be compared row wise and any difference in data for a particular row should lead to storage of data of... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dana Evans
32 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparison of 2 files

Kindly help on follows. I have 2 files. One file contains only one column of mobile numbers. And total records in a file 12 million. Second file contains 2 columns mobile numbers and balance. and total records 30 million. I want to find out balance of each data in file 1 corresponding to file 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamal_418
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparison between binary files

Hello, I would like to know if we can compare binary(non text) files in unix eg. exes Thanks Saurabh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smehra_20
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of fields in Files

Hello, I have two files with tab delimited data. The file will contain details something like below: FILENAME.A.B.C. 3 5 VALID PROCESSED I would have a bench mark file. I would be getting new files of the same format. My requirement is to compare a particular field for a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveenkulkarni
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of multiple files

Need a write script in bournce shell. Compare all the file contents and need to generate a report. Example : Having 10 trace.log files like below trace1.log, trace2.log .... trace10.log Need to compare all the 10 files contents and provide the report as below, Assume trace... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshmani
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of two files

Hi all I have two files which I have to compare that whetehr there is soemthing common or not body, div, table, thead, tbody, tfoot, tr, th, td, p { font-family: "Liberation Sans"; font-size: x-small; } body, div, table, thead, tbody, tfoot,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files (Many to one comparison)

Hello, I am having output shown below names will change and can show different result and i want to compare with the checklist this file will not change it is standard settings. If there is some discrepancy than the complete line of output should be shown with name. I tried to use below... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajjev_saini123
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex comparison of 3 files

Hello to all in forum, May you experts could help me with this complex comparison please. I need to search the numbers in file1 within column3 of file2 and if found, compare column4 to NF of file2 with the lines in file3. If the column4 to NF in file2 match any of the lines in file3,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of files

I have the requirement I have two files cat fileA something anythg nothing everythg cat fileB everythg anythg Now i shld use fileB and compare every line at fileA and get the output as something nothing (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
3 Replies
h5diff(1)						      General Commands Manual							 h5diff(1)

NAME
h5diff - Compares two HDF5 files and reports the differences. SYNOPSIS
h5diff file1 file2 [OPTIONS] [object1 [object2 ] ] DESCRIPTION
h5diff is a command line tool that compares two HDF5 files, file1 and file2, and reports the differences between them. Optionally, h5diff will compare two objects within these files. If only one object, object1, is specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object1 in file2. In two objects, object1 and object2, are specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object2 in file2. These objects must be HDF5 datasets. object1 and object2 must be expressed as absolute paths from the respective file's root group. Additional information, with several sample cases, can be found in the document H5diff Examples. OPTIONS
file1 file2 The HDF5 files to be compared. -h Print all differences. -r Print only the names of objects that differ; do not print the differences. These objects may be HDF5 datasets, groups, or named datatypes. -n count Print difference up to count differences, then stop. count must be a positive integer. -d delta Print only differences that are greater than the limit delta. delta must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference of two corresponding values is greater than delta (e.g., |a-b| > delta, where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). -p relative Print only differences that are greater than a relative error. relative must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference 1 and the ratio of two corresponding values is greater than relative (e.g., |1-(b/a)| > relative where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). object1 object2 Specific object(s) within the files to be compared. EXAMPLES
The following h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the object /a/c in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b /a/c This h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the same object in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b And this h5diff call compares all objects in both files: h5diff file1 file2 SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5repart(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1) h5diff(1)